Wanted - 1999 F355 GTS _ F1 is ok! | FerrariChat

Wanted 1999 F355 GTS _ F1 is ok!

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by dbluestein, Sep 15, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dbluestein

dbluestein Rookie

May 30, 2005
    Plymouth, MA
    Full Name:
    David Bluestein
    Been without a Ferrari for several years now hanging on the sidelines itching to get back in. My baby girls are finally getting to the age where I can take them for a ride and see their faces light up like mine did back when my dad first took me out in his 365.

Looking for a well sorted, properly documented 1999 F355 GTS. Has to be a 1999 (nothing to do with the car but a special year to me personally). Don’t want Giallo Modena Yellow, black, white or Rosso Corsa Red. Would love any of the darker reds (Barchetta, Fiorano, Prugna, Rubino, etc.), darker blues (TDF, Nart, etc.) or darker grays. Of course I’d love a true manual transmission BUT I’m not opposed nor scared of the F1 transmission; they seem to be a great value and sell for significantly less than the 3-pedal cars do. I’m a technician by trade so a GTS in need of the engine out service would allow me to perform it the way I like. Of course this is a tall order here given the 1999, GTS and color preference but I’m patient and hopeful.

2. RicSinger

RicSinger Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2016
    San Diego California
    Hello:
    I clearly understand you are not looking for red however just in case you are open to it, I have the car you are looking for (but the color)
    My car has 32,000 miles and complete service history, It is in great condition, I added the top of the line Capristo exhaust and it sounds just like an Formula One car at 5000 + RPM

The only reason I am selling is because I would like to buy a Testarossa or a 1991/92 Diablo

Should you be interest, just let me know
    Thanks

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

rampante550 likes this.
  3. dbluestein

dbluestein Rookie

May 30, 2005
    Plymouth, MA
    Full Name:
    David Bluestein
    Thank you for the offer Ricardo but I'm not much of a spyder guy these days. Beautiful car though!

RicSinger likes this.
  4. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
  5. dbluestein

dbluestein Rookie

May 30, 2005
    Plymouth, MA
    Full Name:
    David Bluestein
    Thank you. I had come across that car a few months back; coincidently it's not too far from my home. Pretty hung up on the 1999 part.

6. RicSinger

RicSinger Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2016
    San Diego California
  7. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    Good luck in your search. The F1 GTS is the rarest variant of the 355 excluding the challenge/fiorano cars. Only 524 made I believe, and I doubt many of those came optioned as well as that blue 98 for sale right now.

If that car was a Berlinetta it'd be in my garage right now. :D

8. Oz-ATL

Oz-ATL Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 14, 2011
    Did you look at the '99 GTS F1 at Black Horse?

9. dbluestein

dbluestein Rookie

May 30, 2005
    Plymouth, MA
    Full Name:
    David Bluestein
    Perfect in every way but the color - every F car I’ve ever owned has been Rosso and I’m really trying to buy that one car I’ve always wanted.

10. Oz-ATL

Oz-ATL Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 14, 2011
    Crap. I forgot corsa was out. nm. GLWS (search)

11. Matt Andrews

Matt Andrews Formula Junior

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Agree. that TDF car is gorgeous. Only thing more important. unfortunately, its the wrong transmission for me. (yes, I know the actual trans is the same...)

12. dbluestein

dbluestein Rookie

May 30, 2005
    Plymouth, MA
    Full Name:
    David Bluestein
    Still diligently searching if anyone hears of something around

13. dbluestein

dbluestein Rookie

May 30, 2005
    Plymouth, MA
    Full Name:
    David Bluestein
    Still looking for a 1999 F355 GTS in one of the blue or darker red colors

14. Bthesixthree

Bthesixthree Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 18, 2013
    CA
    Full Name:
    B
    If you are still looking, know of a well documented '99 GTS 6MT with 30k miles.
    .... BUT, it's Giallo :/

15. dbluestein

dbluestein Rookie

May 30, 2005
    Plymouth, MA
    Full Name:
    David Bluestein
    Thank you very much for the offer. I really do want to hold out for a darker red or blue GTS though.

Bthesixthree likes this.