Spec'd my 812 GTS | FerrariChat

Spec'd my 812 GTS

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Tim Ryan, Sep 26, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tim Ryan

Tim Ryan Karting

Jul 3, 2020
    Lincoln, California
    Full Name:
    Tim Ryan
    Yesterday Friday Sept 25, 2020, was an awesome day went to Ferrari San Francisco and spent four hours spec'ing my new 812 GTS. It's an amazing experience, you learn allot during the process.
    The only bad part was getting the total! UGH! Oh well I have expensive tastes.
    Still working on the final choices list (Wheels, Alcantara Head Liner, Titanium Exhaust tips)
    I'll post the complete spec when it's finalized.

Tim

rob lay, of2worlds, ryalex and 2 others like this.
  2. klinkman

klinkman Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 29, 2018
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Too funny, we're on the same schedule. Going in next week to Redwood city.
    Look fwd to seeing your spec

Tim Ryan and Nbatra like this.
  3. 500drvr

500drvr Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

May 5, 2014
    So Cal
    Spec’d mine by phone. Took 30 minutes.

4. Tim Ryan

Tim Ryan Karting

Jul 3, 2020
    Lincoln, California
    Full Name:
    Tim Ryan
    Sounds like you knew exactly what you wanted!
    I learned a lot about the process, and that the 812 GTS is considered a completely different car (in Ferrari's eye) than the 812 Superfast.
    And you have to make change to get things the way you want (Long Story, it's easier to show on the car than explain all the little details).
    My sales person was extremely knowledgable and guided us through the process making sure everything was the way we wanted.

of2worlds and 500drvr like this.
  5. Avia11

Avia11 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2017
    San Diego, CA
    How is the car seen differently in Ferrari’s eyes? Did you have a confirmed build slot or are you on a waitlist?

6. Tim Ryan

Tim Ryan Karting

Jul 3, 2020
    Lincoln, California
    Full Name:
    Tim Ryan
    Avia11,
    Here's an example- I wanted the wheels that the Superfast has in most of the ads, and I wanted the titanium Lugs. I was told that those wheels are only available on the Superfast and the GTS is a different car and those wheels are not available on the GTS. Also the Titanium Lugs are only available on the Racing Wheels and will not work on the other wheels.
    I said ok, I don't want to rock the boat (This is the First time I've Spec'd a Ferrari). If I want Superfast wheels I would have to buy them separately and add them myself.
    I don't have a confirmed build slot yet, but I did give them a deposit or what they call a "GTS Specification Fee".
    My plan is/was to start the process in January and get a car in March/April of 2022.

KY _Soldier and ryalex like this.
  7. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Advertising ? never saw any advertising for ferrari... What wheels are talking about exactly ? Did you check the online configurator before ? There's already a lot of information, about for exemple, the wheels available

And yes those are two different models, each one with its own options. I understand you thought everything for the SF was available for the GTS but it's not the case, Ferrari often does that

Exemple; the CF wheels available for the Pista weren't available for the Pista spider until recently

of2worlds and Tim Ryan like this.
  8. Tim Ryan

Tim Ryan Karting

Jul 3, 2020
    Lincoln, California
    Full Name:
    Tim Ryan
  9. KY _Soldier

KY _Soldier Formula Junior

Oct 13, 2008
    Louisville KY
    Full Name:
    Eric Rahman
    Yep. I got a call from my local dealer stating that I got a confirmed 2022 car as well. Should be interesting.

Tim Ryan likes this.