Lewis Hamilton discussion thread | Page 33 | FerrariChat

Lewis Hamilton discussion thread

Discussion in 'F1' started by Flavio_C, Aug 16, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Unless you guys will actually start considering doing temporary section bans for people that have never done a bannable offense outside the F1 section, I really don't see the point in paying (again). F1 & PR are just about the only 2 sections on this forum where emotion is involved when posting.

2. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

That's completely up to you. We don't get a commission for talking folks into subscribing.

D

3. tatcat

tatcat F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2001
    panama city beach FL
    Full Name:
    rick c
    He certainly is the luckiest driver of all time
    Stole the championship from massa when glock let him by
    Just today squeaked into q 3 by a hair
    But I suppose it's a given when you've sold your soul to the devil

stavura, Igor Ound and Bas like this.
  4. Nortonious

Nortonious Formula 3

Sep 20, 2018
    TX
    So FIA is "out to get him", but they rescind the two penalty points against his license.

It's not much of a conspiracy when they reverse course so quickly.

5. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Or maybe the FIA made a quick U-turn when they realised they didn't have a valid case.

ricksb, kraftwerk, ktu and 1 other person like this.
  6. Nortonious

Nortonious Formula 3

Sep 20, 2018
    TX
    Sure. Maybe. Whatever. Completely not the point.

All this conspiracy talk ham is talking about isn't really much of a conspiracy if it backs off so quickly.

Let's be real: The only serious threat to ham's WDC aspirations might have been him accumulating 12 points on his license and being forced to sit out a race. If he had left Sochi with 10 points, he would have been in a very uncomfortable position.

FIA has doubled down and held their position on far more questionable rulings. But in this case, they reversed and spared ham the points.

So where is the conspiracy?

stavura and Igor Ound like this.
  7. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Well, they tried to slow down his car, and now they nit-pick on every little thing he does.

It's enough to send you paranoiac.

kraftwerk likes this.
  8. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    I'm the last person to believe in conspiracy theories but I'm also a realist. F1 is in the entertainment business and having one driver run away with the championship is bad for business.

The sport is full of examples of run away drivers being 'slowed down' by the selective application of rules that would normally be ignored. Hamilton is no different and the more successful he is the harder people will look for ways to slow him down.

9. Nortonious

Nortonious Formula 3

Sep 20, 2018
    TX
    yes, I can see that

10. Nortonious

Nortonious Formula 3

Sep 20, 2018
    TX
    https://www.planetf1.com/news/mika-salo-lewis-hamilton/

Igor Ound likes this.
  11. cmos

cmos Formula Junior

Sep 13, 2004
    USA
    Full Name:
    Johny English
    “Stole the championship from massa when glock let him by”

There’s the conspiracy theory:)

I thought that had been put to bed a long time ago.

12. cmos

cmos Formula Junior

Sep 13, 2004
    USA
    Full Name:
    Johny English
    Interesting, valid commentary by Karun this weekend on Lewis and Michael. I’m summarizing, but he basically said Michael's history on F1 made a big impact because he will always be associated with bringing Ferrari back to winning ways. And with Ferrari being such a significant and emotional part of F1, Michael’s stature will always be tied to that. Different era emotions and circumstances around Lewis’s records and they need to be considered in that light.
    I thought that was a reasonable statement.

JJ and ricksb like this.
  13. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    And his team aborted the lap that would have given him the fastest lap extra point which surely according to his logic means the team are also "out to get him" especially after they called him in earlier than he wanted

stavura and Nortonious like this.
  14. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

No, the Hamilton haters won't let go on that !

15. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

In fact, the team wanted him to save his tyres to make sure he didn't need another pit-stop.

ricksb likes this.
  16. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    A logical call.
    The thing is the more he wins the more convoluted and bizarre the reasoning is as to why he is not worthy of his success, it seemingly knows no bounds... its mildly amusing at best to read, however I'll never understand the mentality of some folk to fly in the face of so much over whelming factual evidence to the contrary.

17. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Most of Hamilton's detractors have as much credibility as "Comical Ali" of Baghdad fame.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad_Saeed_al-Sahhaf

18. Patrick Dixon

Patrick Dixon Formula 3

Mar 27, 2012
    UK
    I think the FIA also realised that they would look very stupid if they banned a 6 time WC from a race, when he was in line to break the all-time wins record and win his 7th.

ktu and william like this.
  19. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
  20. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    I don't agree with much Chandock has to say, but in this case I think he's spot on. In many ways, MS's years at Ferrari were a romantic period in Formula 1 because they resurrected an important team that had been down too long. That will never go away.

JJ and cmos like this.
  21. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    I think it's more of the issues like Austria that drive the feeling. We saw Max push Leclerc off with no penalty the previous year. We saw Leclerc end Stroll's race yesterday with no penalty. We saw LH make his car wide, sending Albon into the gravel (without ending his race) and Hamilton received a 10-sec penalty. It's those types of inconsistencies that raise the question. The last two issues were more the result of miscommunication from the team (although 10 secs for that while Grosjean is smashing through barriers with no penalty makes absolutely no sense. The 10 secs were a "discretionary penalty" also, meaning there is no existing automatic penalty)..

Salo trying to play hard is funny....had he shown such steel with Ferrari maybe he would have lasted in F1 for more than a couple of seconds.

william likes this.
  22. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

FIA rescinding two penalty points that have already been applied.

Has this situation happened before ?

23. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

The only caveat to MS period is his lack of real competition internally. Rosberg did provide this and was successful in his quest for a title in a team that subtly favored LH - in some fans eyes. The only 'idiot' on the grid now is Vettel-- a status change for Ferrari vs the MS years.

24. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Salo gave up a victory to Eddie Irvine in his futile WDC run. He deserves some recognition IMO at least from the tifosi.

25. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    When was the last time a driver sat out one or more races due to superLicense points ?