For Sale - 2020 Corvettes | Page 6 | FerrariChat

For Sale 2020 Corvettes

Discussion in 'Cars' started by AMG USA, Jul 22, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    Brakes are for the weak.

Adamas likes this.
  2. fedcoin

fedcoin Formula Junior
    BANNED

Mar 11, 2017
  3. NuorderSG

NuorderSG Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Love the front part of the car. The Air Scoops seem out of proportion. Kinda like huge nostrils on a pretty lady's face.

Like Art: "beauty is in the eye of the beholder.".

4. Stev-o

Stev-o Karting

Sep 18, 2020
    Central Texas
    Full Name:
    Stev-o de Italiano!
    May be the angle of the photo. Need air to that motor with 495 horses!

NuorderSG likes this.
  5. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    I ran across this but not sure how accurate. Anyways the numbers aren't even close, not even a little bit. Makes sense though, 1 os ~5x the price of the other.

https://fastestlaps.com/comparisons/4sofsd9g5kj2

Let me know when you get yours and we can see for real. I am tracking in 2 weeks and there will be a C8 there. Should be fun.

Thecadster likes this.
  6. gobble

gobble Formula 3
    Owner Regional Sponsor

Jan 29, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Ferrarifobs.com
    People were really paying $20k over sticker for these things? I just looked at Autotrader and it looks like they're selling under MSRP now. I'm seeing these cars everywhere already. Pretty soon everyone guy with grey hair will have one. Not at all special IMO.

7. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    Same thing happened with the Toyota Supra. Now dealers are having trouble selling them.

The current example du jour is the Lexus LC Convertible where dealers are asking $50K-$80K over MSRP. That, too, will likely be passe come the end of the year.

pearsonhaus and Texas Forever like this.
  8. Piper

Piper Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    I can't say at the moment where I got the numbers I found but I concede yours, that's fine, for $200,000 you can keep your 9 seconds :D If we're ever in the same place to see for real, I'll be watching from the stands. I don't race, don't pretend to be even a good driver.

NuorderSG, Gh21631 and Texas Forever like this.
  9. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East

I took a long hiatus from tracking but trying to get back into it. I love pushing these cars and figure I only have so much time to really enjoy this passion. I'll be a bit rusty but after a few laps I'm sure I'll pick it right back up.

10. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    That’s astonishing.

11. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    The Pista is an animal -- and I mean that in a good way!

12. NuorderSG

NuorderSG Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Yep, that's consumerism. First World problem as we descend to Third World Status ( but I digress).

I experienced this when shopping for a GT3 RS in 2016. The dealer had a $70k dealer markup ( from $180k to $250k). I laughed and passed on it.

Fast forward to last year and was getting calls from the same dealer to buy a similar 2016 with less than 1k miles at below market, full Warranty. Ha, ha...nope. I'll just go up- market and get the SF90 once the inevitable bugs are worked out.

13. Piper

Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    I was certain when I posted before that the c8 had bested the pista at nurburgring but again conceding the numbers Ghattas posted, because they're clearly correct :D, what's astonishing to me is that built by Ferrari, 40% more horsepower and $200k more expensive, it only beats the base c8 by 8.5 seconds or so.

Sent from my SM-N960U using FerrariChat.com mobile app

14. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    the pista has +40% HP, +20% torque and weighs 400lb less. So of course its gonna be a lot faster than the current C8. Eventually Corvette will launch a model with 700HP too and it will be more comparable performance wise. But whatever, these cars are all plenty fast and provide smiles per miles (if the owner of the Ferrari actually drives theirs).

Regardless, I don't think too many people are cross-shopping them in order to decide which one of those two to buy...(which is not to say that some Ferrari owners past and present won't buy/own a C8...like you and the Mayor and me eventually and many others).

NuorderSG and Piper like this.
  15. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    For me I just dont like the way they look, I might be in the minority but the car just looks like they tried too hard. I actually like the prior model better. Perhaps the Z06 changes my mind. I also know they will be on every street corner soon enough which is why I suggested the ability to build their own with custom colors and options.

sampelligrino and energy88 like this.
  16. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    I tend to agree. The Z06 needs to look like the C8r.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

energy88 and Gh21631 like this.
  17. dsevo

dsevo Formula Junior

May 7, 2007
    Flower Mound, TX
    Full Name:
    Dustin
    Yep, agree. Went to cars and coffee yesterday, there was an entire row of them parked together. I just don’t find the base model attractive or special at all, hoping the Z06 is better to my eyes.

Gh21631 likes this.
  18. energy88

Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    Full Name:
    John
    Exactly, especially the rear end.

I'm starting to think that maybe GM's internal sales analysis is beginning to show that 2021 might be less than expected. I cite the new red color(s) announced so soon during current production. I remember a car salesman once telling me (about 50 years ago) that when car sales start to slow, manufacturers start changing colors as that is the easiest and quickest thing they can do to maintain sales momentum.

19. Piper

Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Yeah I've been through half a dozen f cars and this'll be my third vette. But if I were in a position to be buying a brand new pista I doubt I'd be considering a new vette as an alternative. Vette will always be a vette, and ferrari always ferrari. Pista is a beautiful machine.

Sent from my SM-N960U using FerrariChat.com mobile app

pearsonhaus likes this.
  20. energy88

Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    Full Name:
    John
    Hopefully it is in the master plan for a way to economically change the rear end design to something more basic and appealing.

pearsonhaus likes this.
  21. NuorderSG

NuorderSG Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

#146 NuorderSG, Sep 27, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2020
    At the top end, any gains are extremely, incrementally difficult to attain. The key variable are the tires. That there is really the limiting factor. Until tire technology advances more, I don't expect earth shattering differences. If eight seconds is what it is, then that's pretty credible.

Piper and Face76 like this.
  22. Face76

Face76 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 21, 2006
    The Other Oz
    Full Name:
    M Wilborn
    2020 corvette styling is similar to the change in 1968. You either liked or you didn't but it grew on a lot of people as the higher horsepower was applied later in the model run. GM probably can stay with Ferrari on technology most of the time clearly not styling much of the time. Ferraris are incredibly fast moving works of art while corvettes, camaros, etc are fast moving vehicles made for the masses.

pearsonhaus and NuorderSG like this.
  23. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Except for the styling of the 812, Porto, SPF90, and some of the panels on the Camaro-ish F8 rear.
    Not that the new Vette has a better cohesive design. I just wouldn’t say ferrari has been nailing it for a while.

Jaguar36 and Face76 like this.
  24. Stentboy

Stentboy Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 8, 2008
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Ron
    [QUOTE="energy88, post: 147467200, member: 113809"

The current example du jour is the Lexus LC Convertible where dealers are asking $50K-$80K over MSRP. That, too, will likely be passe come the end of the year.[/QUOTE]

Boy I hope that’s true because I have one coming in about eight weeks that I’m paying sticker for.

BLAMPEE likes this.
  25. BLAMPEE

BLAMPEE Man Card Status: Never Issued