458 - My girlfriend first time in the car | FerrariChat

458 My girlfriend first time in the car

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by toomanymodz, Sep 26, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. toomanymodz

toomanymodz Rookie

Aug 18, 2007
    FL
    Full Name:
    Matt
    I took delivery of my new 458 last week and have been driving the car getting accustomed to all it's features. My girlfriend suggested we take the Ferrari out on some country roads so I said ok.

Except for riding 25 mph around the neighborhood, this was her first real ride in the car. We pulled out onto the main road and I mashed the fun pedal. The engine sang its glorious tune up to redline and I shifted into 2nd.

Not hearing any screams or sounds of enthusiasm I looked over and her face was as white as a ghost. I quickly aborted the acceleration and assumed a normal driving discipline. It was several minutes before she spoke.

She finally said that she was a gnats @ss from barfing Cheerios all over the interior. I am accustomed to fast cars and I sometimes forget that other folks aren't. I may do the right thing and only hot-dog the car when I am driving alone.

greg328, Mikael-F360, VAF84 and 3 others like this.
  2. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward

Funny not funny lol.
    Lesson: carry a vomit bag in your car.
    I had my kid in the passenger when going on a mountain run and poor boy didn’t last the first few turns and vomited right into the bag.
    Turned around and went home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

greg328 likes this.
  3. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    Oh No I hope this doesn’t make her not want to ride in the car. My wife loved driving in the my 458 spider, I think she will be disappointed the F8 is a coupe.

4. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    LOL. Listen to Edward, get a barf bag. No one wants partially digested Cheerios all over their F-car.
    Maybe you owe the missus a nice date night cruise in the 458?
    Enjoy your new car...T

5. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Oh no. Golden rule.

if ur gotta barf, roll down the window. If that ain’t gonna work, barf in your shirt!
    That way you can roll it up and take it off! (And carry an extra shirt just in case!)

NEVER Ralf in the car! Ever.

SV

a public service announcement...

VAF84 likes this.
  6. soulsea

soulsea Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 14, 2018
    Full Name:
    @soulseainsc
    eharmony is your friend

7. FFan5

FFan5 Formula Junior

Jul 7, 2018
    I took my wife out at COTA before. It was both fun to expose her to that, and a little scary that she'd be mad at me for a month.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using FerrariChat.com mobile app

JanStuart likes this.
  8. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Mine begged for more, so we kept driving. An hour led to a day which led to a week up Highway 1 thru Big Sur. She’s my biggest supporter of getting high end cars!

wthensler, italiafan, greg328 and 4 others like this.
  9. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Big Sur is a gorgeous drive! I had the unfortunate pleasure to drive on it in a minivan. I had my wife, kids and inlaws... But it is on my bucket list... Maybe one day with some of the members of this group, I can make it a reality.

My wife doesn't enjoy that. My daughter is the one that loves cars. My GT2 gets treated like "the other woman" in my life, and as to be expected, my wife isn't very fond of it. When I get the F8, I can only imagine the thoughts... It is like having a harem in my house.

SoCal to az likes this.
  10. Way2fast

Way2fast Formula 3

May 24, 2006
    Santa Barbara County
    Full Name:
    Sam
    My son was 5 yrs old. Riding in a car seat in the front of my 996 TT. He had chocolate milk for breakfast. Blew chunks all over the front. Didn't even cover his mouth. It took major self control not to yell at him while cleaning it up on the side of hwy 101

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

greg328 likes this.
  11. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    My son was about 8 or 9 and I was driving up to Lake Arrowhead in my GT2 (mountains and curves) for about a solid 45 mins to an hour. Held up until we got there. Didn't even say a word about being sick... As soon as he got out of the car, puked... Lucky me!

Way2fast likes this.
  12. Mikael-F360

Mikael-F360 Formula Junior

Apr 3, 2017
    Finland
    Full Name:
    Mikael E.
    Next time she is expecting you to floor the pedal. But you won't do that. You let her drive and she can floor it! Now the score is even ;)

13. JCaspar

JCaspar Rookie

Nov 24, 2019
    Sacramento
    Full Name:
    Jeff Caspar
    Do the right thing and let her drive it!

Mikael-F360, tomc and ScottJon like this.
  14. ScottJon

ScottJon Karting

Jul 14, 2018
    Hollywood. Ca. USA
    Full Name:
    Scott Leibow
    I’ve been behind mini vans and Mobile homes from Laguna Seca back home to Hollywood. That single lane section can be the most fun you can have with your clothes on or the worst day of the year behind those mobile homes

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

greg328 likes this.
  15. Giallo27

Giallo27 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 21, 2020
    Full Name:
    JB
    I always have a couple of these bags on the passenger’s door of my Speciale, specially on track. Very useful though.

plastique999 likes this.
  16. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    stupid! but I like it. this is a good one!

I got a better one!!

It's like going to the back door. You can never just jam it in. Take it slow, really slow, and don't forget the most important thing in life is lube. And then you will be rewarded.

Back to the girl, now you have to do damage control, boy. You scared her! You must make her fall in love with the 458, not talking about the back door here!

17. soulsea

soulsea Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 14, 2018
    Full Name:
    @soulseainsc
    That was unexpected.

GT2goneF likes this.
  18. toomanymodz

toomanymodz Rookie

Aug 18, 2007
    FL
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Letting her drive the car is probably a good idea. She's actually quite a good driver. She is from Hawaii and spent plenty of time attacking the many twisty roads there. I want her to love the 458 and not fear it. And the barf bag is also a great idea. Maybe I'll need it when she's in the driver's seat.

GT2goneF likes this.
  19. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I am sorry if you happened to be behind me that day! However, I see a sports car behind me and I am in the slow car ahead, I will let them pass by when safe to do so... So, I doubt I was the one in front of you.

I agree about the best and worst experience when driving. I frequently drive up to Lake Arrowhead and through LA Crest and it can be the best thing in the world or the worst. Especially when the person in front of you is purposefully not allowing you to pass or driving slow.

20. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    May need it for your next trip, when she makes you pay for it. I am one that I don't do well in the passenger's seat, much worse in rear ones. I will from now one have hospital barf bags in all my cars. Thanks for the advice. The best way to learn is from other's previous mistakes or unfortunate events.

21. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    If she was like that in a 458, in a more modern Ferrari like an F8 or 720s she would leave you!