The next time you do something really dumb... | FerrariChat

The next time you do something really dumb...

Discussion in '308/328' started by TurtleFarmer, Sep 27, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TurtleFarmer

TurtleFarmer Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 13, 2020
    Full Name:
    Jason S
    Finally getting to thinking about tire replacement, so yesterday I decided to find the date code on my existing set to see just how old they are...

As I'm reading off the date code, I'm also looking to see what size the PO mounted. I read off:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Here's the problem: those P215/60's are on the rear and the P235/60's are on the front. :face_palm:

The best part: I go back to the pictures from when I got the car from the PO (beginning of this year)--they were on correctly.

In other words, it's all my own doing. Likely when I rebuilt the master cylinder and was re-bleeding everything--about 4 months ago. I'd even been concerned over the past few months about the steering and suspension; the car wasn't driving correctly.

So, the next time you feel you did something really dumb, just think of me. I put the tires on backwards.

Auraraptor, Milkshaker0007 and thorn like this.
  2. thorn

thorn F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2012
    Tallahassee, FL
    HA!!

We've all done something dumb. At least you caught it. ;)

3. Talon38

Talon38 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 8, 2012
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Mike Lambert
    Just wondering. If they are on backward, do you have to go into reverse to go forward? :rolleyes:

4. dinoart

dinoart Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 30, 2004
    Westminster CA
    Full Name:
    David
    Wow are those 30 years plus GY NT...Original equipment? :eek:

5. AZDoug

AZDoug Formula 3

Jun 17, 2009
    Along the Verde , AZ
    Full Name:
    Doug
    All my specialty cars have RR,RF, LR, or LF written on the inside back flange, so there is no question of their position.

Doug