CS Market | Page 433 | FerrariChat

CS Market

Discussion in '360/430' started by stokpro, Mar 13, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Hocakes

Hocakes Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2010
    FL
    So, does anyone know RECENT history on the Canna di Fucile one??? Like who put the stripe back & when? And whether it got de-stickied or not?

Sent from my Samsung Note 8 using Tapatalk

2. Matt Andrews

Matt Andrews Formula Junior

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    curious for the perspective of owners or people in this market. I've come close to buying a CS on 2 other occasions. I have a couple air cooled porsches today, and as a child of the 90's, I thought I was hunting for a 355 with a manual transmission. One of the local race shops / brokers is trying really hard to steer me away from the 355 for service cost reasons. I thought that driver quality CS' were about $200k, so they are outside of what I want to spend and not being considered. He has pointed to 3 CS' that have been on bring a trailer and said that "asking price does not align with actual selling prices". Those 3 cars are $150-$175. I've got cars that are "investment grade", and that is not really what I want. I want a driver that I can use, but also be relatively protected from depreciation.

Thoughts? what is the price range really now days?

3. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    You can find drivers for 175k. I turned down 250k on my 4k me car at the beginning of the summer. Guys here who have bought similar cars can opine

4. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    Mine is a 21k mile pretty nice driver and I would sell it for around 170 after the belt service I'll be doing this winter. Has 80% clutch life remaining, new tires will go on this winter as well.

Will likely list it in the new year or send it to auction.

5. Jason Crandall

Jason Crandall F1 Veteran

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    150-175 would get you a very nice driver. Easy.

dmark1 likes this.
  6. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    $220’s for <10k, clean, with stripe, all up to date.
    I wouldn’t sell for less than $300k personally, not that the market supports this but rather what it’s worth to me in trying to find another clean car.
    Way too many have hidden stories. But you can certainly find a driver for $170, plus about $10k in fixes. Inevitable.

ScottS likes this.
  7. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    I’d buy yours.

8. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    By the looks of it yours is just as nice!

9. Teenferrarifan

Teenferrarifan F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    Media, PA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    All cars are tough to find good examples of, but these cars are particularly challenging (no pun intended). We looked for about 2 years to find our 4k mile non stripe car and we certainly paid up for it, not only were values higher than today, but it was also fully serviced from an authorized Ferrari Dealer. Today, we are probably down a few $$ but the smiles and joy of ownership were all worth it.

Not to mention the depreciation was nothing like the 488 Spider that it shares the stable with!

Erik

10. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    I’d still buy it!

11. Jason Crandall

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    My CS has 21,390 miles. I’ve owned it 10 years. I’m the 3rd owner. The previous 2 owners are F chat members and in this thread. No stories. All records. Always serviced at Ferrari dealer. I think the 21k miles still makes it a driver. It drives so good though. I can’t stop

Teenferrarifan and dustman like this.
  12. Matt Andrews

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    thank you. I didn't realize the market had come down some. I was seriously looking 18 mos ago but elected to buy a 964 cup car instead. I absolutely appreciate how hard it can be to find a car with a good story - or lack of a bad one. I've had that same problem in the vintage porsche world too. Problem is I am way more familiar with those cars and the network of their owners than I am these cars.

13. Jason Crandall

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    The entire CS market is in this thread. Small group. Post a car you’re interested in and I’ll bet someone here knows about it.

there’s also a website that tracks the CS. Challengestradale.com

Matt Andrews likes this.
  14. JPMD

JPMD Karting

Jan 17, 2016
    FL
    Full Name:
    John
    Not that I'm selling but its funny how almost every car at the moment is up except the CS

15. Jason Crandall

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I don’t see any cars “up”. I’m CGT shopping. They’re not up. They’ve built too many collectible cars. When they’re all collectible..... none are collectible.

download the Hammerprice app.

jehu999 likes this.
  16. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Cgts have been rock solid from 720 to 800. They are certainly up from the lows.

dustman likes this.
  17. Jason Crandall

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    The lows of 2008?

18. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    i paid 330ish for my low mile cgt in 09. they peaked around 750 and they have stayed there.

19. Jason Crandall

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Dude that was 11 years ago. Everything was cheap back then. That has no relevance to what I’m talking about.

“stayed there” isn’t “up”. Just in the least 2 years and especially the last year more special edition cars have been introduced to the market than in history. They’re all gonna keep leaking.

20. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    What period are u referring to then?

21. Matt Andrews

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Anyone know if this car ever sold?

http://challengestradale.com/137059.html

I am looking for a lower priced driver quality CS. This seems to be a sweet spot on miles for depreciation, and I suspect its a color combo that others aren't excited about. The 50k/mi silve car scares me a little. not for reliability, but for the ability to ever resell it if I wanted to.

22. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Check the latest Ferrari market letter… I think I saw a higher mile drive are listed in there

23. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Roy cats still has the Argento one for like 130k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

24. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    what is the history with this one? any know of the top of their head?

25. Jason Crandall

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I feel high mileages Ferrari’s always sell faster than low mileage garage queens. Of course not for the same price but they move.. I wouldn’t worry about getting stuck with it.

Matt Andrews likes this.