430 - P0442 Anti-Evaporation Control System (Leak Detected) | FerrariChat

430 P0442 Anti-Evaporation Control System (Leak Detected)

Discussion in '360/430' started by MKTViper, Sep 30, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MKTViper

MKTViper Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2018
    Swan Point MD
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I've got an Autel AP200 and quite often pull codes and check clutch wear. Over the last several months and 2000 miles or so I keep getting:

P0442 Anti-Evaporation Control System (Leak Detected) only on the left bank. I do not get a check engine light. I've already replaced the left side EGR valve (cheap first attempt). I've inspected the hoses, no obvious signs of cracks or leaks. Car runs great, except a little rough idle for about ~5 sec on a cold start.

I know a loose gas cap could cause this, as well as a bad charcoal filter. But wouldn't that trip the code on both banks?

Any ideas before I start replacing components?

Upper intake manifold gasket maybe?

Any thoughts are great appreciated!

Cheers,
    Mike

2. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

#2 24000rpm, Sep 30, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2020
    What is the EGR valve? are you taking bout the 2ndary air injection valve?
    each and every point of leak at the whole evap system will trigger the code only on that bank's ECU by design. They do not trigger a cel means the leak is so so so small or occasional. Something like a temp change in the engine bay probably will seal the leak somehow.

upper intake leak will not cause this code.
    take a look at the diagram on the "evap system" and you'll see all possible leak points. Yes, every point on that diagram is a possible leak.
    Do not replace any component. do a smoke test, that's the most efficient and time-saving and money-saving way.

3. MKTViper

MKTViper Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2018
    Swan Point MD
    Full Name:
    Mike
    EGR isn't correct... I replaced the "flush valve" on the left side as part of the anti-evap system. I found it for $40 so worth a shot I figure.

Yeah that's my next move. Was just wondering of there was a common "weak point" to check first.

Thanks 24000rpm!