F8 - Order Status | Page 47 | FerrariChat

F8 Order Status

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Dicecal, Nov 11, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Marc Goldstein

Marc Goldstein Karting

Jul 3, 2018
    Westchester NY
    Full Name:
    Briarcars
    TexasF355F1 and Napoli like this.
  2. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California

That is fantastic! I hope you enjoyed it as much as we all think you did! One day, some day... I will do something similar to that.

3. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    Have you guys all been following the 600 mile break in? I will have a hard time doing that!

4. Art138

Art138 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Ft. Lauderdale
    600 miles is a few days of spirited driving.

5. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    Yes but so hard to keep it under 5000 RPM's. The temptation to slam the throttle and feel that rush of acceleration is going to kill me!

GT2goneF likes this.
  6. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    It is so funny you say this. I just posted the same thing a few days ago. I don't know how you can wait for 621 miles... When I bought my CLS 63s AMG, it was supposed to be 1k miles. I got it out of the dealer with 10-20 miles on it and once I got in it, I completely forgot about the break-in recommendations...

I will have to wear light shoes when I get mine...

7. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    If you remember Star Wars....

https://media.giphy.com/media/rcqtfj0RAhWLu/giphy.gif

For some reason, it doesn't want to work. But "Stay on target"!

8. ntatfas

ntatfas Karting

Apr 27, 2011
    UK
    Leave it in auto mode :(

9. RossoF8

RossoF8 Karting

Aug 3, 2019
    Full Name:
    Todd
    MyFerrari app still says “waiting list,” but I have had a VIN for a few weeks and just got my first photo (stock photo?) today. Any predictions are how long it will take to get to the US? Regardless, it’s exciting to get that first photo!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

TexasF355F1 likes this.
  10. RossoF8

RossoF8 Karting

Aug 3, 2019
    Full Name:
    Todd
    I’m guessing that it’s just a stock photo because it doesn’t have the carbon fiber side air intakes that I ordered

11. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Gonna have to disconnect a few spark plugs, make it run as a V5 Limp3 mode

12. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    On 9/11, I received an email indicating that I had a VIN assigned and estimated completion date is 10/28. I am not certain when my VIN was assigned or the status at the time. The referenced date is just when I was informed.

on 9/24, I received another email stating that my car was status 40.

The car is supposedly arriving to California November/December.

ORDER STATUS

W - WAIT LIST

P - APPROVED BY DEALER

00 - APPROVED BY SUBSIDIARY

10 G - APPROVED BY HQ

10R - PRINTED

20 - LASTRATURA

30 - PAINTING

40 - BODY WORK INSERTED

50 - BODY ON

60 - OVERHAUL

70 - FINISHING

85 - STOREHOUSE

90 - FAC SHIPMENT

91 - SUBSIDIARY ACC

92 - PDI FINISHED

93 - SUBSIDIARY SHIPMENT

94 - DEALER ACCEPT CCF SENDING

I hope this gives you an idea but without a status it is hard to predict as the more out of ordinary options that deviate from normal production, the longer the car will take. I have heavily optioned order with some out of the book options approved, so I assuming that my car would be one to take longer than a less optioned car. Still, all things considered, it seems it is moving pretty fast. I am assuming that most of the things can be paralleled built so they make up time with that.

13. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    I still love my buddy’s livery stripe on his F8
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Please don't feel as I am bashing. I like the job and the look. But it isn't for me. Like I said before I thought about it and thought about it pretty hard, came to the conclusion that it wasn't what I wanted my car to look like. It is less "elegant" and more sporty, when (in my opinion) the car itself is mean to be elegant and then sporty, to a lesser extent.

15. nonbita

nonbita Rookie

Apr 30, 2018
    Full Name:
    Non
    #1165 nonbita, Oct 1, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2020
    We might have the same photo but mine was uploaded 2-3 weeks before. Dust on the floor and the car behind are still the same.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

PTG1 likes this.
  16. RossoF8

RossoF8 Karting

Aug 3, 2019
    Full Name:
    Todd
    Very astute observation! It may be a stock photo, but at least we know we are status 20 or above

nonbita likes this.
  17. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    I had a vin 1 month ago still no photo and R10 so no progress whatsoever, the dealer told me a delivery date of the 27th October so that is never going to happen, I think I'll be lucky to see the original delivery date of the 1st of December at this rate
    Sent from my SM-F916B using FerrariChat.com mobile app

GT2goneF likes this.
  18. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    True! LOL

19. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    #1169 buddyg, Oct 1, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2020
    Takes FOREVER! Got my first stock photo like yours on July 27th and the car was shipped on 8/25 and still not at the Port!

20. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    I'm finally status 20 so let's see how long it takes to arrive
    Sent from my SM-F916B using FerrariChat.com mobile app

GT2goneF and MalibuGuy like this.
  21. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Been driving the car the last few days working on the break in miles. The waiting sucks, but soo worth it.. the car is Awesome!

anishka, GT2goneF, MalibuGuy and 2 others like this.
  22. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    From what I hear, it is a stock photo. Everyone gets the same, sometimes from different angles. It isn't until the second photograph that may be your car. For sure the third, will be your car.

nonbita likes this.
  23. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Don't worry. I have had a VIN for about a month as well. I too, have not received a photo yet and my car was status 40 a little over 2 weeks ago. My completion date is a day after your delivery date. So your car is on the works. Patience, my friend. You are not going to do anything different if it gets to you by the end of October or in December. Why get impatient over things you can't control? When you get it, the wait will be over and you'll enjoy it.

24. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    What a way to rub it in!!! I am glad you are enjoying it... We suffer the delivery wait and you are suffering the break in wait... Everyone suffers with Ferrari first...

25. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    That doesn't sound right... I wouldn't trust the app, if that is where you are getting the status updates. I would ask your dealer to find out what is the status on your build. I really think that there is somebody in Ferrari getting paid to mess with our minds... I just go day by day. Check my email. No news... Good news.. I like getting surprise, unexpected emails.. Next thing I'll now, my sales manager will email me and say... Hay your car is here, when are you picking it up"?
    All from status 40... and no updates... Don't think that will happen but.. I really don't care.

By the way, I never got a status update. On 9/11 I got a "you have a VIN" email. 9/24 another one saying it was status 40. (And still no picture). So actually, it has only been a week since status 40. I may (hopefully should) be 50 (or close to 50) by now.

I think your car should be somewhere more advanced.