Yellow Compass Supercars - reviews-opinion | FerrariChat

Yellow Compass Supercars - reviews-opinion

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by PFSEX, Sep 4, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PFSEX

PFSEX Formula Junior

Jun 30, 2006
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    John Ratto
    I am thinking of doing business with these guys. Anyone familiar with them? Experiences good or bad?

Thanks for any help

anunakki likes this.
  2. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    not a traditional dealer but he finds some great stuff. i actually like the way he works.

3. CoreyNJ

CoreyNJ Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 17, 2006
    New Jersey Shore
    Mike is a great guy and helped me find my 430. He was super helpful in getting the PPI, 1st service and sorting out a last minute insurance snafu. If this is your 1st pre-loved Ferrari, you need a guy like him so that you minimize the chance of not having a great experience.

Cheers,
    Corey

625TR, VAF84, anunakki and 3 others like this.
  4. Regular Guy 01

Regular Guy 01 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 10, 2011
    Tacoma, WA
    Full Name:
    Eugene Greer
    I bought my car from another dealer (as he didn't have what I wanted available) but in the time since I have gotten to know him on personal level.
    I would have no worries in doing business with him as he is a wealth of knowledge and has connections all over to get things done.
    Mike has become a good friend and he will treat you the same way.
    You couldn't be in better hands....

Best wishes,
    Gene Greer

625TR, Gh21631, anunakki and 3 others like this.
  5. schwoo

schwoo Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2013
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Marquette
    I’ve done business with Mike. Honest, fair, very hard worker. I would highly recommend Mike without any hesitation.

Raymond Marquette MD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    As others have said, Mike is a great guy.

Read all the reviews here about doing business with him.

All positive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

anunakki and arizonaitalian like this.
  7. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    ^^^ As per above in my experience as well. Fun, high-energy, knowledgeable. You are in good hands with him on either side of a transaction imho.

anunakki likes this.
  8. 1949live

1949live Karting

Sep 18, 2014
    Denver, Colorado
    Full Name:
    David
    I second all the good comments about Mike. Very knowledgeable, great connections, always willing to help even if you didn't buy a a car from him

VAF84 and anunakki like this.
  9. cls

cls Formula 3

Jun 12, 2007
    Los Angeles/Montreal
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Meh, I contacted Mike a couple of times. He called back with TONS of enthusiasm, but then never followed through. I moved on.

Corsair66 likes this.
  10. FXRcR1

FXRcR1 Rookie

Jun 15, 2004
    Another positive review for Mike here. He spent a very long time helping me find the perfect car and then a couple years later helped me find an even more perfect buyer when I wasn't even really looking to sell. I have no complaints about dealing with him. A bit unorthodox compared to some no doubt, but the results speak for themselves and he has many satisfied clients who have been able to obtain cars not widely available (or technically available at all in some cases).

As he says, just give him a call. It costs you nothing to bend his ear and he may just have access to exactly what you want that you haven't been able to find anywhere else.

The only downside I suppose is that he probably had too many great cars in his Rolodex at any one point. So if you call looking for XYZ don't be surprised if he also tells you about this amazing ABC he has that you might be interested in. If you are easily swayed to amazing examples that can be problematic haha. I can't tell you how many times I seriously considered a car that I wasn't specifically looking for along the way. Just make up your mind on what you are looking for and stick to that, it will make the process easier for both parties.

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

anunakki likes this.
  11. 96redLT4

96redLT4 Formula Junior

Feb 20, 2009
    California
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I tried to contact him once through his website and never got a response. I think if you really want to get ahold of him you need to call. I am sure he is kept busy as we are a demanding bunch. Lots of rave reviews. Sounds like a good guy.

12. LI2782

LI2782 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 19, 2010
    He rubs a bunch the wrong way with his posts, but he weathered the criticism well. Most people who actually work with him seem very happy so that’s what counts, right?

Smiles, ScottS, VAF84 and 2 others like this.
  13. PFSEX

PFSEX Formula Junior

Jun 30, 2006
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    John Ratto
    I decided to use Mike to sell my 360. It was a very positive experience. Highly recommended!

anunakki likes this.
  14. climbernyc

climbernyc Karting

Aug 15, 2020
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Mike has been counseling me during my search for a 550- he has been fantastic. He doesn’t have one to sell me but is helping nonetheless

ScottS likes this.
  15. Wikdstrate

Wikdstrate Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2013
    New York
    Full Name:
    Alec
    Mike is a good guy, tries very hard, but his personality is polarizing. You either love him or hate him.

It is ALWAYS easier to buy a car than to sell a car. I had no luck with him selling my 430 Scuderia.

YMMV.

16. Husker

Husker F1 World Champ

Dec 31, 2003
    western hemisphere
    How does Mike make his money ?

17. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    He makes a bit of money on the transaction but much less than a dealer would charge so more cost effective for the buyer and seller. He will also help with all of the logistics so definitely earns his money.

Husker and climbernyc like this.
  18. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

I'm not unbiased, because I do work with Mike on some of the cars he's preparing for sale.... but I'll tell you, if anyone has a deep and unwavering passion for these cars, it's him. He seems to know where the hard-to-find cars are hidden, and he seems to have the ability/skill/desire to shake a tree and put buyers together with sellers.

Whether or not a buyer/seller wants to go on a vacation to Costa Rica with Mike is somewhat irrelevant; his business is transactional. In our little fish bowl (bowel?) of relatively supply and unlimited demand, he does pretty darn good job making both parties of a deal feel like the winner. And that ain't easy.

19. climbernyc

climbernyc Karting

Aug 15, 2020
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I’ve been kissing a lot of frogs through “dealers” on my quest for the right 550. You would be surprised how inconsistent they are in terms of knowledge, history of the car they are selling, etc. Mike continues to provide advice even though he has no skin in the game. He clearly loves what he does, and it shows.

Husker likes this.
  20. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Mike is a truth teller. He will tell you what your car is worth in this market and what you will get. He loves these cars like us. He knows whats out there and helps you buy the seller and the car. He knows what you are buying and I think he tries to convey it to you.

I have not bought a car but have had several interactions and conversations about my FF and a potential 308gt4. I also thought about selling my 430 through him but I want stupid money and don't want to waste his time. ;)

climbernyc likes this.
  21. Husker

Husker F1 World Champ

Dec 31, 2003
    western hemisphere
    I'm down for that. Capitalism is what makes the world go 'round.

22. Corsair66

Corsair66 Formula Junior

Mar 14, 2016
    Clermont, FL
    Full Name:
    Ken
    My experience exactly. Mike is nice enough, in a brash, over-enthusiastic, difficult to get a word in edgewise NY manner, but was absolutely all talk when it came to selling my F430. I have nothing against him, but wouldn't bother calling him again, especially if I were the seller in a prospective deal.

Wikdstrate and cls like this.
  23. Mtt83506

Mtt83506 Rookie

Apr 11, 2021
    Full Name:
    Mike tanoue
    Anyone else able to provide more insight on this since late 2020? Newcomer to the forum. Interested as well in garnering as much information as I can.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

24. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    HOLY COW BATMAN WHAT'S WRONG WITH HIS POSTS??!!!!!

HH11 likes this.
  25. G8TD

G8TD Karting

Apr 25, 2004
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Joe
    You really need to read this thread
    https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/anyone-that-wants-to-buy-or-sell-a-ferrari-the-right-way.586271/

You can't make everyone happy, no matter how good you are. With that said, My personal experience with Mike while looking for, and finally buying my Ferrari was nothing but positive. If he thinks you're off base he'll tell you. Maybe that rubs some people the wrong way. I prefer someone to be straightforward with me rather than sugarcoat things. The posts of actual buyers and sellers that have dealt with Mike in that very long thread are what prompted me to initially pick up the phone. I'm very glad that I did. When a guy like Berman will happily take your call without asking for a credit card number and give you sound advice whether you end up dealing with him or not says a lot. Good luck on your hunt!