New Members: Please forgive us... | Page 4 | FerrariChat

New Members: Please forgive us...

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by El Wayne, May 1, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    you can do it now, requires at least one post. welcome.

2. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    welcome, both of those model forums very active and helpful.

3. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    welcome to FerrariChat, many of us model and memorabilia collectors.

SmokyDave likes this.
  4. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    welcome back Alan, always great to have you around!

5. Barbedwyre

Barbedwyre Karting

Jan 21, 2018
    I’ve been trying to post so that I may contact a seller through pm but none of my posts appear to be approved/working. So my name is Anthony, and I’m an Italian carholic. Being mid 30’s I’d love to purchase a Testarossa and DD it (when in the states) while I’m bendy enough to get in and out easily. No wife, no kids, but hoping for an Italian dependent.

6. ProperNice

ProperNice Rookie

Nov 25, 2008
    San Jose, CA
    Full Name:
    Goshan
    Hi Everyone, I'm signed up years ago but wanted to get back in after purchasing an FF yesterday. I've got questions on modifications and Ferrari ownership things so i'm glad to be here.

NeuroBeaker likes this.
  7. MONSO1

MONSO1 Rookie

Sep 25, 2019
    Los Angeles, California
    Full Name:
    JOHN MONCEAUX
    Hello. My name is John. I am a Software Engineer. First time Ferrari owner.
    Feels like months now i have been reading over all the great members posts. Inquisitive minds at work. Members helping members. I myself am grateful for your service FerrariChat, and all the fine members which make this forum possible.

Pedronz, Grande Fiume and NeuroBeaker like this.
  8. Al Casteen

Al Casteen Rookie

Feb 21, 2020
    Smithfield, VA
    Full Name:
    Al Casteen
    I, too, am a first time Ferrari owner. Believe it or not; my wife greatly encouraged me to buy a Ferrari as she had heard me over the years speak of wishing to own and drive a Ferrari just to see what many others talked about.
    I have been building hot rods in one form or another since my teens... a very long time ago now! I'm very familiar with cars in general and have built or rebuilt many hot rods; sometime from scratch. While I consider myself reasonably educated on hot rods and some muscle cars; I know next to nothing about Ferraris but I'm trying to learn.
    I was very fortunate to run across a very helpful fellow in Northern Virginia that was helping a buddy sell his 2004 360 F1. I was planning to visit him to look at the car and also visit a nearby Ferrari dealer that also had one or more similar cars for sale. I was so impressed with his honesty and openness that I agreed to buy the car without looking at any others that were available.
    After buying the car and driving it back to my home some 200 miles away(actually I drove it about 240 miles... we took a short cut!!); I began reading the documentation on the car. I discovered that the first owner was a fellow named Preston Henn in FL. Being a dummy and knowing nothing of the man; I googled the guy and was shocked and pleased to discover such a neat fellow first owned the car!
    I've spoken with the fellow that owned the car before the guy I bought it from and he told me that the owner prior to him lived in CA and also chad anged to wheels on the car to those from a 2008 430. I prefer the new wheels over the original, smaller diameter rims but that sort of figures since I'm a hot rodder and certainly not a purist! I'm still trying to find the guy in CA that owned the car... I suspect he bought it from Mr. Henn but don't know.
    Mr. Henn had many Ferraris; many of which were quite collectible and he also had a considerable Ferrari engine and parts collection according to what I've found on the internet. Mr. Henn and a fellow named A. J. Foyt and another man or two won the 1983 24 hours of Daytona if my facts are correct. Mr. Henn also competed in many other events as well including LeMans.
    I'm honored to say that such a man once owned and drove my car. I don't think my car is any better than anybody else's and probably lags in many ways compared to so many of the really unique Ferraris built over the years but I am driving and enjoying it.
    I'm also pleased to report that my wife loves going for a ride in it!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    I am also pleased to report that I met Greg Miller of Loudon County Exotics in the process of buying the car and he showed me the Ferrari club for my region and I followed up and joined and have been contacted by several wonderful and enthusiastic members. I look forward to meeting many members and other Ferrari owners in the future... if we ever get past this corona virus business!! For now we are content to just buzz around the rural countryside surrounding Smithfield, VA. Let me know if you get down this way and I'll buy you an ice cream at my favorite ice cream shop!
    All the best,
    Al Casteen

9. Grande Fiume

Grande Fiume Rookie

Mar 30, 2020
    Creede, CO
    Full Name:
    Courtney La Zier
    Hello folks,
    I sealed the deal on what will be my first Ferrari today. A Blu Pozzi over Carta da Zucchero gated 2004 360 Spider. This site has been invaluable in my search. I can't wait to take delivery of her and join the fun!!
    Courtney

Pedronz likes this.
  10. John Haronian

John Haronian Rookie

Apr 8, 2020
    I just purchased a 2017 Cal T and having a problem moving the steering wheel up and down. It retracts front to back fine but seems to be locked in up position. What am I missing?

11. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Welcome & enjoy - not an owner but the manual suggests the electric switch controls all four directions once the lock is loosened (page 197 approx)

If that doesn't help try asking in the California/Portofino section

12. 23APOSTA

23APOSTA Rookie

Apr 22, 2020
    europe/brazil/USA
    Full Name:
    r
    I'm new here... happy to join.

13. Jhills14

Jhills14 Karting

Feb 3, 2020
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    James Hills
    Hello,

New Ferrari owner. Long time car enthusiast.

DIY’er and looking to learn about the 360 and network with anyone willing to share their experience!

Looking forward to new friends and seeing everyone’s cars.

I have a 360 Modena Sunroof F1

DM me - talk soon.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

14. Jamie H

Jamie H Formula 3
    Owner

Aug 28, 2009
    Puslinch,ON
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    Enjoy your car !! They are a blast to drive and if you're are handy, service. Welcome to the machine

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

15. roblandry518

roblandry518 Rookie

Aug 5, 2020
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Rob Landry
    Thanks, my first Ferrari (F8) is at port/customs now. Can’t get here quick enough Rob

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

16. FyndFyre

FyndFyre Rookie

Sep 1, 2020
    Hello,

New member and new lurker here. I am a current proud Lotus owner who has decided to lurk and learn more about the Ferrari. Right now, I’m very interested in the Pista and the F8. I truly learned about Lotus only after 4-5 years in the community and also driving it. I’m hoping to learn from that experience by learning about the cars first before the rude awakening one day. Hopefully, I’ll be able to get into one in the near future when all the stars are aligned. Picture below is my current Exige s260.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

NeuroBeaker likes this.
  17. roblandry518

roblandry518 Rookie

Aug 5, 2020
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Rob Landry
    Pedronz, NeuroBeaker, PTG1 and 2 others like this.
  18. roblandry518

roblandry518 Rookie

Aug 5, 2020
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Rob Landry
    NeuroBeaker and c4b4the04 like this.
  19. BLKSTALLION

BLKSTALLION Rookie
    BANNED

Oct 4, 2020
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    tony Ng

MichaelSJones likes this.
  20. BLKSTALLION

BLKSTALLION Rookie
    BANNED

Oct 4, 2020
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    tony Ng
    Thank you for having me in the group

absostone and silkgtb like this.
  21. silkgtb

silkgtb Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2020
    It is great to be here

19633500GT and absostone like this.
  22. YasserHaider

YasserHaider Rookie

Oct 11, 2020
    Full Name:
    Yasser Haider
    Hello everyone

i dont own a ferrari yet.. but i will be in the market for a Ferrari F12 by next year. Joined this forums to get to know more about the car and look up some personal experiences from actual owners

Currently own a Maserati Granturismo so im all about naturally aspirated engines

ScottJon likes this.
  23. ScottJon

ScottJon Karting

Jul 14, 2018
    Hollywood. Ca. USA
    Full Name:
    Scott Leibow
    Welcome. I have a f12. Amazing car

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

24. YasserHaider

YasserHaider Rookie

Oct 11, 2020