360 - New first time 360 owner! Car incoming. | Page 12 | FerrariChat

360 New first time 360 owner! Car incoming.

Discussion in '360/430' started by Todd Laing, Jul 30, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Stev-o

Stev-o Karting

Sep 18, 2020
    Central Texas
    Full Name:
    Stev-o de Italiano!
    Looks good Todd. What was wrong with the old, unshiny ball? Small little scratches?

2. Todd Laing

Todd Laing Karting

Jun 15, 2020
    Mena Arkansas
    Full Name:
    Todd Laing
    Old one looked like it was peeling?? Maybe a clear coat coming off I think. It was pretty ragged looking. I kept it for originality sake. LOL

3. No-Subt2

No-Subt2 Karting

May 6, 2019
    Alexandria, VA
    Full Name:
    Danny
    Todd Laing likes this.
  4. Todd Laing

Todd Laing Karting

Jun 15, 2020
    Mena Arkansas
    Full Name:
    Todd Laing
  5. flightz71

flightz71 Rookie

May 8, 2005
    San Francisco, CA
    Beautiful car Todd, congrats!

How are you liking your Alpine ILX-F309 / Halo9 unit? Alpine has a Halo11 (11") on pre-order but from the looks of your pics, 9" model is already pushing the usability of the a/c vents and controls. Can you adjust the screen easily on the fly or it requires bolts to secure in the height? How's the sensitivity to touch? Similar to an iPhone or rougher? Would you recommend it again for a Ferrari 360? Appreciate the feedback!

Todd Laing likes this.
  6. Todd Laing

Todd Laing Karting

Jun 15, 2020
    Mena Arkansas
    Full Name:
    Todd Laing
    I love the unit! I doubt I would go with the 11” as the 9” is plenty big without looking out of place. The 3 vents are still working great and the controls below are a little covered but not so much you can’t get to them. The screen can be adjusted in a bunch of different ways by loosening the allen head screws on the side. We just placed it between the vents and controls as best we could. The touchscreen works great. I mostly use the CarPlay to listen to music. They just ran the Phone plug in cable to the area behind the handbrake. Just plug the phone in and forget it. It has way more functionality than you could possibly use. It’s really easy to use on the fly. I figured it out pretty quickly and never opened the manual. Highly recommend. Any other questions or pictures needed let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

flightz71 likes this.
  7. Maine57S1

Maine57S1 Karting

Dec 5, 2016
    Full Name:
    John
    Stumbled across this and thought you guys might enjoy it. hit the CC closed caption button under the video for subtitles.

550nitis and kes7u like this.
  8. Stev-o

Stev-o Karting

Sep 18, 2020
    Central Texas
    Full Name:
    Stev-o de Italiano!
    Enjoyed it, thanks for sharing John. Anyone else get a sexual feeling seeing that a female that drives a Ferrari?! #Passion!

9. Maine57S1

Maine57S1 Karting

Dec 5, 2016
    Full Name:
    John
    she certainly makes the car look better than we do..

Todd Laing likes this.
  10. Todd Laing

Todd Laing Karting

Jun 15, 2020
    Mena Arkansas
    Full Name:
    Todd Laing
    Funny you said that! I told my wife I gotta stay in the gym to keep driving this thing. Cause the car really makes me look bad! Lol

ScottS and Maine57S1 like this.
  11. Todd Laing

Todd Laing Karting

Jun 15, 2020
    Mena Arkansas
    Full Name:
    Todd Laing
    #287 Todd Laing, Oct 7, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2020

This is also a great one! This guy drives the poop out of it! Can’t understand a damn thing he says but very entertaining! Also has CC.

12. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    #288 ScottS, Oct 7, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2020
    My favorite !! We are Instagram friends. I love her feed.

And Davide.2:15 This is beyond status symbols. All mechanical..... 2:21 THe cick clack. No mannetino, no paddles, no monitors, no LED........Says it all.

Off to the Gym.

Todd Laing likes this.
  13. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Davide is the man. He hosts a ridiculous rally in one of the most beautiful parts of italy. (We are from the same region and im gonna buy the alfa 75 hes restoring)

armedferret, Todd Laing and Maine57S1 like this.
  14. Todd Laing

Todd Laing Karting

Jun 15, 2020
    Mena Arkansas
    Full Name:
    Todd Laing
    Very cool. I love all his videos. They are beautifully shot and he is extremely knowledgeable about the cars!! I have watched tho one about him driving the F40 a bunch of times!!

15. Maine57S1

Maine57S1 Karting

Dec 5, 2016
    Full Name:
    John
    As a life long Alfisti i love his Alfa videos.

Todd Laing likes this.
  16. MikeL66

MikeL66 Rookie

Apr 21, 2020
    Full Name:
    Michael Loreth
    Congratulations Todd, I am so happy for you. The car looks great!! You did an amazing job detailing it. The wind screens on my 360 were falling apart. My mechanic had replaced them on his car and they looked amazing. He replaced mine last week and they look great. They are made in Germany and this is where I bought them just in case you made need to replace yours at some point. I am still waiting for my wheels but my tires arrived yesterday. I decided to go with Michelin Pilot Sport 4S.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/133196933746

Todd Laing likes this.
  17. Todd Laing

Todd Laing Karting

Jun 15, 2020
    Mena Arkansas
    Full Name:
    Todd Laing
    Thanks man. Mine are in pretty good shape but are cracking a little. So that’s definitely on my to do list. I’ll probably wait till my yearly service to get new ones installed. There’s already a few other little things in the list of that I’ll have corrected at that time. One of my defrost vents is a little jacked up and I want to replace the plastic cover around the steering wheel column as it’s worn looking. Those are really the only things I have found so far. If I was closer to my service person I would go ahead and do it. However the car will go to Dallas when it’s time and that’s 5 hours away. I’ll have it shipped there and back.

Also can’t wait to see your wheels and tires on! Post up the pictures when done.

18. MikeL66

MikeL66 Rookie

Apr 21, 2020
    Full Name:
    Michael Loreth
    There will always be a few things here and there to fix. I am very lucky I found an awesome mechanic just 15 minutes from my house. They do great work! I will post pictures once I get my wheels on the car.

Todd Laing likes this.
  19. Todd Laing

Todd Laing Karting

Jun 15, 2020
    Mena Arkansas
    Full Name:
    Todd Laing
    You are lucky. We live in the middle of nowhere! So, service is always a pain no matter what we drive. I would be broke if my guy was 15 minutes away!

Maine57S1 likes this.
  20. ItalGerBrit

ItalGerBrit Formula Junior

Mar 15, 2016
    S La
    Mena? Sell the Ferrari and get an airplane. Any service you need will be only a few minutes away.

Apollo 11 and Todd Laing like this.
  21. Todd Laing

Todd Laing Karting

Jun 15, 2020
    Mena Arkansas
    Full Name:
    Todd Laing
    That is true! But I’m not crazy about flying! Lol

22. Todd Laing

Todd Laing Karting

Jun 15, 2020
    Mena Arkansas
    Full Name:
    Todd Laing
    brookliner7 likes this.
  23. Stev-o

Stev-o Karting

Sep 18, 2020
    Central Texas
    Full Name:
    Stev-o de Italiano!
    Yes, good video. Hope you were taking notes!
    Dont need to understand him, just listen to the exhaust note for shifting points!!

Todd Laing likes this.
  24. Todd Laing

Todd Laing Karting

Jun 15, 2020
    Mena Arkansas
    Full Name:
    Todd Laing
    I pretend like I’m driving like him on mountain runs but I know in reality I’m not doing what he is doing! Lol. Like singing to the radio and thinking man I sound good!