Sold - 2013 458 Italia, 9,550 mi, w/ Racing Seats | FerrariChat

Sold 2013 458 Italia, 9,550 mi, w/ Racing Seats

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by cjpatel, Oct 6, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cjpatel

cjpatel Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 18, 2012
    NYC
    #1 cjpatel, Oct 6, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2020
    Hey all, I'm looking to sell my 2013 458 Italia. I'm the second owner, currently, the miles are 9550 (slightly will go up). Grigio Silverstone over Nero Interior with white contrast stitching. The car is in perfect showroom like condition. Options are full Carbon Fiber interior: Carbon Fiber Racing Seat, Steering Wheel, Driving zones, paddles, and center console. Have both keys, OEM car cover, accessories, tools, trickle charger, floor mats, and the tire inflator.

Asking a pretty firm $183,990. Cash Deal only. No Low Ball offers, Low Ballers will be ignored. The car will be sent to consignment in a few weeks if not sold (they mentioned they would list for $189,9). If you need financing ... we can sell the car through my local high-end used car dealer and they'll take care of all the paperwork financing etc. (I'll cover their fee).

E-Mail preferred at canonpatel at g - mail
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

blkdiablo33, carguyjohn350 and Graz like this.
  2. Transman

Transman Karting

Nov 20, 2016
    New York
    Full Name:
    Stephen Ferraro
    If the car goes on consignment, what’s makes you think your going to get the 183,900 for it. Dealers won’t sell that car for 6,000
    Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Graz

Graz Formula 3

Oct 15, 2012
    New Jersey and Florida
    Full Name:
    Graziano
    Beautiful. GLWS.

4. future328driver

future328driver Formula 3

Dec 10, 2001
    Dallas, Texas
    Full Name:
    Ken Thomas
    Sent you an e-mail.

5. cjpatel

cjpatel Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 18, 2012
    NYC
    So logically speaking, a dealer will want anywhere from 5-10% to consign. I'm right around in the middle there. This translates to one of our fellow members saving $6-7k, and I save 6-7k. I hope that helps you understanding car pricing a bit more. Good Luck in your search.

ScottS likes this.
  6. Transman

Transman Karting

Nov 20, 2016
    New York
    Full Name:
    Stephen Ferraro
    I’m not looking but I don’t think a dealer is going to work for 5%
    Just my opinion
    I’ve just been thought it

7. cjpatel

cjpatel Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 18, 2012
    NYC
    To be clear, I was quoted anywhere from 5-10%. I guess agree to disagree.

8. Transman

Transman Karting

Nov 20, 2016
    New York
    Full Name:
    Stephen Ferraro
    Better get it in writing
    A firm percentage

9. cjpatel

cjpatel Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 18, 2012
    NYC
    Stephen you're assuming I only got one quote. I was implying I received 3 consignment quotes. But thanks for your diligence on my car sale. Please feel free to PM me any other advice you may have, not to clutter the ad for prospective buyers.

10. Transman

Transman Karting

Nov 20, 2016
    New York
    Full Name:
    Stephen Ferraro
    Sorry to bother you

11. cjpatel

cjpatel Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 18, 2012
    NYC
    Update: I have all the service records from when I owned the car, it was under the 7 year maintenance so all work performed at Ferrari. The car has only 2 sticky buttons - the turn signal buttons. Carfax pending. See the attached options list. The car currently has an IPE exhaust and IPE CATs that were installed brand new by Ferrari Philly, and will NOT be sold with the car.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Any dealer that turns down 5% consignment net is a moron. A dealer doesnt make 5% regularly on their cars when they own them

13. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Beautiful spec, colors.

Can you tell me what the mechanical steering is? I've seen it on 458s but don't understand the significance.

Where is the car located? Philly? Main line? One picture in in NYC........

GLWS.

What's next?

14. cjpatel

cjpatel Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 18, 2012
    NYC
    Currently the car is in NYC. And good question on the Mechanical, I’ll try to look in to it and get back.

15. ducpor

ducpor Rookie

Apr 6, 2009
    Is the IPE already slated for someone else? Any chance to be included for additional $?

16. tfazio

tfazio Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    Michigan
    Mechanical steering means the tilt and the telescoping feature on the steering wheel is manual not power... The Italians have an interesting way of describing it, don't they? :)

ScottS and carguyjohn350 like this.
  17. M.Schumacher ALWAYS #1

BANNED

Oct 5, 2020
    Full Name:
    Tony Domicoli
    Grigio Silverstone is a great color,really shows off the beautiful lines on a Ferrari. GLWS

jehu999 and NuorderSG like this.
  18. cjpatel

cjpatel Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 18, 2012
    NYC
    Thanks so much. I agree I love the color, ever since seeing it on my friends F12. Must have. Classy and Timeless.

Yes it can be included for the right price of course. I already had offers both ways.

Thank You! I didn’t know this either.

19. WIKKID

WIKKID Rookie

Sep 28, 2020
    Goodyear AZ
    I read this all the time, what exactly is meant by sticky buttons? The surface or the mechanism itself? Sounds like a simple fix that Ferrari would kill you on...lol

20. armedferret

armedferret Formula 3

Mar 24, 2018
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Mark
    the surface. Ferrari uses a "soft touch" finish on a lot of the interior surfaces from the factory, and have for *AGES*. unfortunately over time the soft-touch finish becomes very sticky to the touch. there are various ways of 'correcting' it, from sending the items out for a full refinish (which costs a decent bit, but is absolutely worth it as everything is fixed permanently and looks amazing) to the DIY method of "rub with alcohol on a microfiber".

21. pullover

pullover Rookie

Nov 17, 2006
    Jackson, Wyoming
    Full Name:
    Ted Edwards
    Nice Car! A few questions: Track time, for you and or previous owner? What was original MSRP? Originally delivered to what Dlr.? Is it equipped with cruise control? Any body or paint work at all? IPE headers or just cat back? Last oil change, & mi. intervals?
    Private interest, Thanks, Ed.

22. cjpatel

cjpatel Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 18, 2012
    NYC
    Thanks for the detailed write up. This is similar to what a Ferrari dealer told me as well. And he said it could a few thousand to repair. I'll stick with the sticky for now :).

Hey Ed, I've had no track time at all (not a track guy), and theres no evidence of the previous owner tracking the car (even the tires are original). Original MSRP no idea, but if you scroll up the options list is posted. I would guess a 2013 with these -- probably low $290s. Cruise Control - no clue lol, never checked. No bodywork or paintwork what-so-ever. I have the IPE Cats and Exhaust on the car, the will be removed if new buyer doesn't want (or doesn't want to pay a premium). And the last Oil service was Feb 2020, at around 8867 miles.

armedferret likes this.
  23. cjpatel

cjpatel Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 18, 2012
    NYC
    #23 cjpatel, Oct 15, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2020
    PLEASE NOTE: Sale Pending

24. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Man those CF seats are beautiful!

Good luck with sale!!

blkdiablo33 and cjpatel like this.
  25. dgunn365

dgunn365 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2006
    New London, NH
    Full Name:
    David Gunn
    I hope the sale worked for you. I have the same car in black. The seats are trimmed in red. I found traveling in the racing seats extremely comfortable; something I was worried about.

ScottS likes this.