Refueling issues - F12 | FerrariChat

Refueling issues - F12

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by cwall, Oct 6, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cwall

cwall Karting

Apr 10, 2011
    Hi,

Sometimes when I try and refuel the station's pump won't activate. About half the time, if I try and retract the vapor sleeve on the pump this will solve the problem. Other times, not. Have had this issue in California and Nevada, so far.

Any ideas on what is going on?

Thanks,

cw

2. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

It’s just how it is for everyone those are Italians cars. The us pump are not always made for them. Happens on my FF all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. DaveMc

DaveMc Formula Junior

Nov 29, 2012
    Palm Coast, Florida
    Never happened to me in Florida

ScottS likes this.
  4. FerRrari

FerRrari Formula 3

Jan 11, 2009
    WA
    Full Name:
    Fernando
    I went to Chevron last night and they had some new pumps that wouldn’t activate with the FF. I tried multiple times in every possible angle. Anyone figured out what the magic trick is? The old school pump at the Shell had no issues.

5. Cavallino Nero Rampante

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2018
    Full Name:
    ST
    Pulling back on the retractable sleeve and holding it in the retracted position always works for me.

6. papou

papou Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2012
    plantation Fla
    Full Name:
    daniel ross
    Happens all the time at Costco.

7. rob5819

rob5819 Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2017
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Rob Barry
    I have this problem all the time in CA with the vapor guard pumps filling my 458 Spider. I use two hands and pull down the neck of the guard. I've read a lot of discussion on this and someone recommended using https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07L35KRF2/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_1?smid=A3EV3JST2V1VFJ&psc=1 to help pull back the vapor guard. I had one ordered, but got lost in the mail. Re-ordering.

8. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith
    I use those and they solve the problem!

A bit of a pain but...

I have noticed the Roma solved this problem...

SV

rob5819 likes this.
  9. rob5819

rob5819 Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2017
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Rob Barry
    If you posted about it that is probably where I got it from. i bookmarked it a while ago and finally got around to ordering one. I hate the vapor guards in CA. I struggle to get a full tank of gas in any of my cars (BMW, Mini, Maserati, Ferrari). I took my wife's Gran Turismo Convertible in today and the pump cut off 11 times for me to get ten gallons. If Amazon/USPS ever delivers the grommet to me I'm going to try it on each car.