Maserati MC20 | Page 9 | FerrariChat

Maserati MC20

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by TheMayor, Jul 1, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Sargepug

Sargepug Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 23, 2020
    NYC
    Pics from the private showing! Car is STUNNING in person, tru to form "rolling work of art". The engine though looks like a Purdue Butterball! LOL However, impressive to crank out 600+! Were a trio of Trofeos on hand too, here's the QP and Levante. This is all very positive for the brand, regardless of the 6cyl like / dislike. I think it will eventually help the resales too. I was selling my '17 MC cabrio, but think I will hold it. Under 4k on the clock and one of the last GTs naturally aspirated w/ same block as the F458 w/ the F136 engine shared w/ Masi.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
  3. Vader69

Vader69 Rookie

Oct 7, 2020
    I ordered mine today. Sept 2021 build. Red with yellow calipers. Dealer in PA still has allocations if anyone needs one.

4. boralogist

boralogist Formula Junior

Jun 21, 2005
  5. Vader69

Vader69 Rookie

Oct 7, 2020
  6. boralogist

boralogist Formula Junior

Jun 21, 2005
    Q.E.D.

7. Sargepug

Sargepug Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 23, 2020
    NYC
    Really?! If this is true, post your order form and did you pay over MSRP?

8. Vader69

Vader69 Rookie

Oct 7, 2020
    Ha. No, the MSRP doesn't get you much at base. Configuration has been turned into dealer with: internal and external carbon fiber, ceramic brakes, axel lift, e-stability, sonos and black roof. 10k deposit for the allocation.
    Dealer places the order and turns in application. Sept 2021 build. Price is a little less than 300k for options plus 6% PA sales tax.

Sargepug, AtSomePoint and Nembo1777 like this.
  9. italiancars

italiancars F1 Rookie

Apr 18, 2004
    Hershey, PA
    Assuming Main Line?

10. rob5819

rob5819 Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2017
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Rob Barry
    Congratulations, it looks like a stunning car. Can you share any more info about the process? When does the current configuration become locked? Any indication that you need to buy the current coupe to get an allocation for a future convertible? My wife wants the MC20, but the current color options aren't great and she would prefer the convertible/electric version. I was at my local Ferrari/Maserati dealer today dropping my 458 Spider off and they still had allocations, but I couldn't get a read on if I could just wait for the actual version I wanted or if I needed to get in early.

It's really a great looking car, I need a bigger garage.

11. Vader69

Vader69 Rookie

Oct 7, 2020
    Wilkes Barre

12. Vader69

Vader69 Rookie

Oct 7, 2020
    #212 Vader69, Oct 10, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2020

Depending on where the dealership, deposit is 10-20k. I spoke to Miller Motors in Fairfield first and they wanted 20k but claimed they had a 35 person wait list for 5 allocations. I then started calling around. I was told each Maserati dealer would get 5 allocations. The dealer 3 hours away had 3 allocations left with deposit 10k.

I called them up and they took down personal info and then they ask for a list of Maseratis or other supercars owned. This is the first modern Maserati I've ever wanted (besides the MC12) but apparently my lack of prior brand ownership didnt hurt me. My little collection of non-Maserati's was sufficient to permit me to get an allocation. I heard back from them the next day and fed-ex'ed a 10k check with a printed build sheet from the configurator. You have to sign the build sheet.

I was told builds wont finalize until December so changes can be made before then. 2021 builds are all coupes, approx 400. Spyder should be available the following year with transition to the Folgore coming in upcoming years too (no clear commitment date). If you dont like the colors, you're in luck. Maserati is going to permit the MC20 builds to be fully customizable with their personalization program. You'll be able to customize paint and interior to your hearts content. They already have some pictures out of possible customization options for stripes, colors, etc. Some examples from the program (there's a sheet of 6 floating custom looks floating around) are shown at the end in this article: http://techzle.com/maserati-mc20-configurator-how-do-you-put-it-together

I was told personalization will begin in Dec but early allocations will have a change to use the program before builds are finalized. Hope that helps you decide. Personally, I really like the car. I think the F1 engine tech and the Dallara carbon fiber tub make this a whole new class of Maserati....its very clean lined. Hopefully reliability has improved in the last 20 years; but that's a chance I'm willing to take.

3500 GT, rob5819 and wbaeumer like this.
  13. rob5819

rob5819 Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2017
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Rob Barry
    Thanks for your update, that is very helpful. My local dealer is supposed to have an event later this month where we can see one (but absolutely not drive or touch). I'm hoping to see it in person and get some pictures. My wife really wants the convertible/electric version and I just need to figure out if you need to buy one now to get an allocation for later versions. It would look great parked next to my 458 Spider.

Rob

14. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK

thanks!

any word on whether there will be an 'MC12' styled edition? (I personally know a lot of people who want this)

15. Vader69

Vader69 Rookie

Oct 7, 2020
    I was told you can customize the famous white blue Color scheme thru the personalization program. That’s the only mc12 styling I know of.

16. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    What is the price? Limited production?

17. lineaTesoro

lineaTesoro Formula Junior
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Dec 10, 2012
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Full Name:
    Omar Fernandez
  18. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith
    I like the exterior but the interior looks half assed!

And masers always have gorgeous interiors!

What happened!??

SV

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

19. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    Yes, interior looks very basic. And it appears that no one can chose another interior color rather than black. Don`t like that...

20. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    The fix.

pearsonhaus, docapl and Froggie like this.
  21. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    Sounds alot better also!! It also looks more Italian. The MC20 looks like it could be a Porsche with a Maserati grill.

22. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith
    The alfieri video shows how fine the Maserati interior designS can be. Fine minimalism with Art Deco motifs. Love it.

But the MC20 is awful. Polar opposite. What are they thinking??

SV

23. staatsof

Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    To be fair that Alfieri is probably not a production ready or government legal car at that point. I happen to think it's a beautiful design and would have sold well. But it wasn't a mid engine design. They have front engined coupe replacement for the Gran Tourismo coming and perhaps thought one front engine coupe was enough?

24. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    The Alfieri would have been for sure a winner - with very good sale numbers! I absolutely loved the very unique rear end design (that influenced somehow the new Lotus mid-engine-car). But Maserati wasted their time to establish Alfa back in the market instead of develop their own brand with the Alfieri. Clearly a mistake (for what -again- Sig. Macchionne took full responsibility!).

Sargepug likes this.
  25. staatsof

Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    He sweatered the details ... :eek:

Nembo1777 likes this.