Grigio GTS Color | FerrariChat

Grigio GTS Color

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by atysen, Oct 6, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. atysen

atysen Rookie

Aug 27, 2015
    I'm in the process of specing an 812 GTS and I'm interested in the exterior color called "Grigio GTS" and wondering if anyone has seen it or has feedback on how it compares to other colors. Or any information about it at all

I've had a 430 in Grigio Silverstone, a California T HS in Canna di Fucile and now have an F8 in Blu Pozzi so I'm familiar with some of the colors. Loved the Canna di Fucile!

The dealer doesn't have a sample and not much information on this color and I wasn't able to find much on here (though I might be missing it) or from general Internet searches.

I'm thinking Iroko for the interior with it and interested in feedback on that combo as well.

Thanks!

2. klinkman

klinkman Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 29, 2018
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I just saw this Grigio GTS on a GTS at the Silicon Valley dealer. It's a nice color. It was pretty true to the press car color in photos my opinion. But it also wasn't that far off other gray/silver colors. There is a difference for sure, but I think only collectors/enthusiasts would ever truly "know" this is Grigo GTS vs say silverstone.

I can't say how this color and interior combo would work as I haven't seen with my own eyes. My sense is it's a little too monochrome for my taste, some people like that, I prefer contrast.

Not sure what opinions you're looking for. To me this is totally subjective or personal preference. On some level, I think opinion only matters for resale, and in that case, you can't go wrong with Red first and Silver second. For me, the GTS feels like a forever car, so I got exactly what I wanted: TDF blue/cuoio.

KenU, Avia11 and of2worlds like this.
  3. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Grigio GTS was the Ferrari launch color and was borrowed from Maserati as Alfieri paint there.
    Here is Grigio GTS paired with cioccolato.

Image Unavailable, Please Login
    As the launch color Grigio GTS has proven to be very popular even with a 13k price tag in the USA market. You may want something more exclusive? Grigio Ferro is also very nice and suits the Cioccolato color combination to.

alluminiolucido and klinkman like this.
  4. atysen

atysen Rookie

Aug 27, 2015
    Thanks for the replies. I know color is hard to comment on. And in the end I should just get what I like. I was hoping someone had seen it in person so thanks for that klinkman. Also good to know that it sounds like many are ordering it so might want to go another way. This feels like a forever car to me, but I've said that before too! Thanks again.

klinkman likes this.
  5. Altoria F

Altoria F Formula Junior

Jan 24, 2020
    France
    Full Name:
    P
    Grigio GTS seems very close to Grigio Ferro

6. hs355

hs355 Karting

Feb 1, 2014
    jamalj, NZCREW, Napoli and 3 others like this.
  7. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    I think Grigio GTS is actually Grigio coburn which has the bluish hue to it.

8. deltona

deltona Formula 3

Aug 7, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Grigio GTS is Maserati Grigio Alfieri

350MH83 likes this.
  9. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    I've seen it a few times now, and I think it is closer to Silverstone.
    Now that I have seen it next to various other grey Ferraris, I must say that I am less than impressed. I don't think it has the depth and lushness of some of the others. I think Agento and Silverstone are much more vibrant, with more depth. To me it looks kinda primer flat somehow. Not really a fan.

To each their own I suppose.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

10. atysen

atysen Rookie

Aug 27, 2015
    Thanks for the feedback and the comparison photos. Love the 3-shades of grey on the 458 and 2 812s. Such difficult decisions. :). I also saw several photos on the photo stream of a Grigio Titanio with Bordeaux leather that looked quite stunning. Thanks again all.

11. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Just curious. I have same dilemma. I’m leaning towards CdF. Why not if you’ve had it before ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    tomc likes this.
  13. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B