430 - 2007 430 Spider F1 Transmission Question | FerrariChat

430 2007 430 Spider F1 Transmission Question

Discussion in '360/430' started by IslandBoy, Oct 6, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. IslandBoy

IslandBoy Formula Junior

May 26, 2005
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Richard H
    Over the last year I have two occasions after i have driven the car for a while, then restarted it, that I can only get first and second gear. In each Instant, this light came on in the dash. It has lasted for about 15
    minutes, then the light goes off, and it functions completely fine.
    and it funct Image Unavailable, Please Login ions fine.
    I drive the car probably twice a week. Any thoughts / suggestions as to what this could be ? And the best solution ? Much Appreciated !!

2. IslandBoy

IslandBoy Formula Junior

May 26, 2005
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Richard H
    No one else have something like this happen ? Could it be pressure related ? Fluid related ? Given that it is so intermittent (at the moment), taking it in to the shop will almost be a waste, however the other side of that is getting stranded at some point. Any thoughts or benefit of your experience would be appreciated!
    Going to take it out shortly to see if it comes back again so soon ..........

3. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

nobody can answer the question until you use some diagnostic tool to pull some codes. A analogy is that I am asking a doctor online that I have a fever and what would be my possible diseases. I could get HIV, I could get Covid19, I could get a kidney infection ,etc. No good doctor could tell me what it is until he gets your test results, such as blood tests, urine, etc.

4. IslandBoy

IslandBoy Formula Junior

May 26, 2005
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Richard H
    Wasn't really looking for a code analysis. Just trying to see if someone had a similar type of experience and can point me in the general direction, based on having had a similar experience, and found a solution. If it gets to codes etc., that's beyond me, and its off to the shop........

5. 66ss427

66ss427 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 18, 2017
    N. Myrtle Beach, SC
    Full Name:
    Dominic
  6. 66ss427

66ss427 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 18, 2017
    N. Myrtle Beach, SC
    Full Name:
    Dominic
  7. 66ss427

66ss427 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 18, 2017
    N. Myrtle Beach, SC
    Full Name:
    Dominic
    IslandBoy likes this.
  8. IslandBoy

IslandBoy Formula Junior

May 26, 2005
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Richard H
  9. IslandBoy

IslandBoy Formula Junior

May 26, 2005
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Richard H
    I have been playing with the idea of doing the 3 pedal conversion, with those guys in Texas. This may be the Gated Gods telling me to just go for it !!

66ss427, Apollo 11 and armedferret like this.
  10. 66ss427

66ss427 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 18, 2017
    N. Myrtle Beach, SC
    Full Name:
    Dominic
    I brought my car in today and the service writer was telling me that replacing the actuator is the most expensive thing. New they’re around 20 grand, but they’ve been sending them to the guy in NJ that rebuilds them for maybe 10 grand ?? He said they will have to diagnose it before knowing anything. He was rattling off so many different ways that these F1 gearboxes have issues. Hopefully it is not too bad.
    I do remember one of these threads talking about the guy/company in NJ.
    Good luck to you also.
    No three pedals for me. I have them in my Chevelle

IslandBoy and Apollo 11 like this.