What to do where radio used to be? | FerrariChat

What to do where radio used to be?

Discussion in '308/328' started by raines, Oct 9, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. raines

raines Karting

May 7, 2004
    Raleigh, NC
    Full Name:
    Randy
    After removing the old radio in my 308, I have decided not to replace with another sound system. I believe a symphony of 8 cylinders is enough music to my ears! Any interesting things you've done to fill this spot?

2. TurtleFarmer

TurtleFarmer Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 13, 2020
    Full Name:
    Jason S
    I just replaced the 2005 era stereo with a bluetooth stereo. I also don't listen to music when I'm driving, but I do find that answering calls from my wife makes it easier to take longer and more frequent drives :). The bluetooth stereo connects to your phone, outputs to your speakers and has a remote mic that you can locate to optimally pick up your voice (mine is routed to my rear view mirror area). Since the stereo doesn't have a CD player, it's also less than half the depth of a normal single DIN stereo--so install is super easy. I also like having a clock in the car that is actually legible.

So kinda didn't answer your question: I filled the space occupied by my old stereo with a new stereo...

Brian A likes this.
  3. built2grind

built2grind Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2016
    The Peninsula
    Full Name:
    ANDREW
    I made a radio delete plate with “close to perfect” match dash leather. Just like it came from the factory delivered to the dealer.

4. raines

raines Karting

May 7, 2004
    Raleigh, NC
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Photos please on your ideas. Thx!

5. Hannibal308

Hannibal308 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 3, 2012
    Kahuku / Cottonwood / Prescott
    Full Name:
    Will
    Move your AC vents up...

6. mwr4440

mwr4440 Five Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 8, 2007
    Bavaria, The 'Other' Germany
    Full Name:
    Mark W.R.
    Useable glovebox is still on my agenda.

raines likes this.
  7. cavallo_nero

cavallo_nero Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    colorado
    Full Name:
    Giovanni Pasquale
    I have a custom aluminum bezel with a pyrometer and an A/F guage. in my Euro 308 GT. i will be adding 2 console switches under the bezel, one for the running lights and one for powering the ECU.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

raines likes this.
  8. Dino246gt

Dino246gt Formula 3

Mar 26, 2007
    Winnipeg, Manitoba,
    Full Name:
    Dennis Ezmerlian
    raines likes this.
  9. kcabpilot

kcabpilot Formula 3

Apr 17, 2014
    California SF bay area
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I'm in the replace with a modern bluetooth because I like being able to hear the Google maps gal tell me when to turn left or answer the phone when it may be important like when my 97 year old mom calls. I also don't have any qualms against listening to music when it strikes my fancy.

But, if I were to delete it - and I've thought about this - I would move the A/C vents up into that slot because admit it, they look tacked on where they are. That would be the best solution. Putting a blanking plate in just says "I'm not really sure about this decision" If you're gonna do it then just do it.

raines likes this.
  10. raines

raines Karting

May 7, 2004
    Raleigh, NC
    Full Name:
    Randy
    I’ve looked into a company to create a custom storage unit where the front panel opens into a shelf to rest an iPhone or dare I say coffee mug Also because the hole is deep, they can create a “false” panel to keep items hidden. Keep you posted.