Question regarding F8 Tributo Carbon Fiber interior trim | FerrariChat

Question regarding F8 Tributo Carbon Fiber interior trim

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by MalibuGuy, Oct 10, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    I’ve got a question regarding some of the different carbon fiber interior trim options for the F8 Tributo.
    Some of the press cars show carbon fiber on the air vents but not on the center dash insert or the horizontal trim below the driver display cluster. While other press cars show carbon over the vents and the center dash and the areas below the driver display cluster.

Can someone tell me the different trim codes/ name for these carbon trim choices.
    Thanks!

2. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    The dash CF trim that divides it into upper and lower is standard, not an option so no order is required.

DATR- CF dash (vent) inserts, $6,750.
    LEDS- CF steering wheel with LED, $5,062 (this is just the steering wheel)
    CFPA-CF Racing Paddles $1,687
    CIDH - CF Door Handle, $4,219
    CIDL- CF Driver Zone+Leds, $7,593
    CIIP- CF Instrument Cluster, $5,062
    CILR- CF Central Bridge, $2,869
    CIMP- Matt Painted CF, $4,219 (All interior CF is Matt)
    CIPZ- CF Door Panels, $6,918
    CISK- CF Exterior Sill Kick, $2,025

Hopes this helps

MalibuGuy likes this.
  3. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    #3 Dicecal, Oct 11, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2020
    The CIIP is only available in matte finish, so if you do that if forces the CIMP with the additional charge for matte finish throughout.

So you would spec CIIP- CF Instrument Cluster, $5,062 & CIMP- Matt Painted CF, $4,219 (All interior CF is Matt), in addition to the other CF choices.

I preferred the gloss finish, so did all the CF inside I could without going matte.

Corsaspider, MalibuGuy and GT2goneF like this.
  4. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Yes, that is correct. It is a safety measure. I believe it is glare related. But the amount of money paid for such a little portion isn't worth it, in addition that it looks overloaded in CF. I went with the CF dash inserts, CF Driver zone, LED CF steering wheel/paddle, CF bridge and CF door handles only. All in Matt. I like the difference. I hate too much CF, although costly, in my opinion, it makes it look too "plastic-ky" and therefore, cheap. I think I have a perfect balance.

5. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    thanks so much for the research and price list!

One more question going back to the standard carbon fiber dash trim which divides the dash into an upper and lower section. On the upper dash, there are sections which are painted aluminum (Dark grey color) The largest section is located in the center of the upper dash. If one selects DATR, does that become carbon fiber (Matt)?

6. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    #6 GT2goneF, Oct 11, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2020
    DATR includes only the 3 vents aluminum surroundings.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Image Unavailable, Please Login

CIIP is the piece around the middle vent and extends around the instrument cluster, not to mistake with DATR which is the CF insert immediately around the vents . Those are two different parts. If you look at the picture and diagram you could get a better idea.

Hope this makes it a little more clear. If not let me know.

MalibuGuy likes this.
  7. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Here is more information

Attached Files:

pninja005 likes this.
  8. cchan842

cchan842 Karting

Jun 20, 2009
    SF Bay Area
    I don't suppose there's a PDF of the regular equipment options? Not sure if missed it in the big F8 thread, search function didn't come up with it.

9. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    When you say "regular options" do you mean standard, as in what the car comes with at no additional cost? If that is what you mean, the standard (no option) car basically comes with standard rims, no CF anywhere other than the interior dash trim, single standard color exterior to choose from a specific list, standard electric seats without any trims, standard audio, aluminum color vents and inserts.

10. cchan842

cchan842 Karting

Jun 20, 2009
    SF Bay Area
    No, sorry I meant the “non special order”(I.e. typical) equipment/options, if that makes sense...
    For example, containing the carbon fiber options diagrams and info you had posted (since that wasn’t in the special equipment PDF).
    I’ve seen some mentions of ordering guides, maybe that’s what I should be looking for or requesting from the dealer?
    Basically looking for more details than the limited info and choices shown in the online configurator.

11. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    That is it. All options available for F8 are listed there.

Non listed options are ones to be requested, evaluated and see whether authorized by Ferrari Corporate offices, Sort of an Atelier or Taylor made without having to go to the Atelier boutique, which gives your free range of options at the mercy of paying whatever they ask.

xBox likes this.
  12. xBox

xBox Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2018
    The Emerald Isle
    Surely :D

GT2goneF likes this.
  13. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    I wonder what the cost will be to remove the only CF standard part.

14. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Yes, I apologize, I meant honour. Slip of the tongue. That is exactly what I wanted to say. Thank you!!!!!

xBox likes this.
  15. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    And have what instead? There isn't anything to replace it with. That would surely cost a pretty "honorable" bit. A part made just for your car....

xBox likes this.
  16. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

The parts that can be replaced with carbon are actually painted. I will request that part painted also to the same silver or like in the 488 GTB piano black... Not interested in carbon..

17. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I guess that is doable but quote a slap in the face to Ferrari. They give you "free CF" and you say no, I'll pay you extra for not being "free CF"...

Never thought of it that way. I don't like too much if it. But I don't like the silver color, So I went with Matt CF.

Let's see how it comes out.

Will post pictures when/if it ever comes.

18. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

On my 488 GTB I paid extra to get rid of the carbon on my LED steering wheel.

Also I prefer full electric seat so its all leather and also the back

IMO every silver bit needs to be carbon or all silver. Having both for me just doesn't look right.

19. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Agreed. The only thing my car has silver are the vents and the buttons on the middle console. Rest is leather or Matt CF.

I also have all electric seats.

20. xBox

xBox Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2018
    The Emerald Isle
    Giving the dash strip in CF was the perfect teaser :rolleyes:

It starts by adding the driver zone..... then the bridge..... so you add air vents..... then balance the look with dash inserts..... then to completely eradicate silver the CF door handles :D

I've left the silver, which IMO ties through on doors/dash/bridge and added Alcantara red inserts to doors/seats/centre console. It looked good in the renders, so lets see!

GT2goneF and MANDALAY like this.
  21. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Did you spec leather on the back of the seat and the roof ? The contrast stitching really makes it pop.

22. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    They know what they're doing. Give you that CF but they know you're going to want it to match so they hook you with the rest. @MANDALAY is smart. He probably pays less by having the strip changed to match the rest of the cars than us paying a fortune to upgrade the rest of the car to that damn strip. Ferrari wins either way because they get paid one way or another.

xBox likes this.
  23. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Nah, I didn't do the anything else to the seats (posts or ceiling). I don't understand why, other than for personal satisfaction. I never look at any of those parts so it doesn't bother me. I don't know of anybody that has ever gotten in a car, looked at the ceiling, posts/pillars and said anything about it. The back of the seats, only when they're CF. But I don't find it necessary.

mdrums likes this.
  24. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Fair enough up to you

25. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I hope you didn't take this as being personally directed towards you. I apologize if you did. It wasn't meant as such. unfortunately, words written lose context and tone of the conversation and can be frequently misinterpreted. I was just expressing my feeling towards the discussion at hand. I am sure it may look nicer but it is adding a significant amount of dollars to an area that is frequently overlooked and quite frankly, won't affect resale value.