355 - My new to me 95 CDF Spider | FerrariChat

355 My new to me 95 CDF Spider

Discussion in '348/355' started by Suffyk, Oct 11, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Suffyk

Suffyk Formula Junior

May 25, 2012
    May 2012 is when I signed up to Fchat to start researching (and searching) for my F355 - that's how long I've wanted one.

After spending some time looking back in 2012, I decided against the Ferrari, as I had young kids, and wanted to take them on rides -- so went with a 997 TT. The "thing" for the F355 never went away, so a few years later I hopped back on Fchat and started looking again, and was dead set on finding a non-red F355B with lower mileage. I spent countless hours reading threads about all the "things to look for", and the the things that could and "will" fail, and basically scared myself away from buying the car. I told myself I would get over the car.

Fast forward a couple of more years, and I found myself back on Fchat looking again, and determined to buy a car - still for a gated non-red F355B. Sadly, I found that prices had significantly increased, and the selection of vehicles on the market was basically zero . I quickly saw that I had to manage my expectations, or adjust what I was looking to spend on a second toy.

Long story short, I came across a one-owner 1995 gated CDF Spider with 8000 miles, that sparked my attention. The color combo, the mileage, the condition - it was love at first site. I did my homework about service history, and had the vehicle brought into a a local dealership for a PPI, and everything passed. Funny enough, I found myself not caring that it didn't have guides done, or headers done, or stickies done, etc.. In fact, I'm excited for the process - I'm smitten.

I'd also like to thank @Robb , @Yellow Compass , Dave (stickyRX) and Kulu (Kulu Motorcar) for letting me drive them crazy over the last while with questions. Having such genuinely nice people willing to help a total stranger is what makes this community special.

Without further delay, here she is:

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

nismodrifter, 308 GTB, Oz-ATL and 6 others like this.
  2. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    Gorgeous. The bonus is it’s mint condition and it’s yours. Congratulations.

Robb

Suffyk likes this.
  3. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Awesome congrats!

Suffyk likes this.
  4. Ira Schwartz

Ira Schwartz Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2003
    Brooklandville, MD
    Full Name:
    Ira Schwartz
    Gorgeous color combination- enjoy!

Suffyk likes this.
  5. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Congrats man! Car looks slick. Interior looks like creamy peanut butter. Beautiful classy combination. Now where are those Tubi Evolution sound clips??

Suffyk likes this.
  6. Suffyk

Suffyk Formula Junior

May 25, 2012
    Thanks Guys!

Will get evolution videos posted ASAP!

First mods:

- Tubi Evolution muffler
    - Hill engineering spacers -- 11mm/15mm - fantastic recommendation @Robb
    - 2cm drop using the OE coil overs

Next is fixing the fuel gauge that shows empty all the time, and RH fan that seems to not be operational :)

ShineKen and Robb like this.
  7. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Car looks pretty slammed as is, but to each his own :).

You have a 95. You can get away with alot more :).

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Robb and Suffyk like this.
  8. Suffyk

Suffyk Formula Junior

May 25, 2012
    Yes, it's lowered already in those pics. I had the vehicle delivered to my local mechanic, as I needed to get a safety in order to plate it. While it was there getting that done, I had them install the muffler, lower, spacers, etc.. I also picked up a set of rims, but I'll wait to install those... I kinda like the stock ones for now.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

ShineKen likes this.
  9. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    Is the low fuel warning light illuminated?

See this thread for new fuel tank senders:

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/new-fuel-gauge-sender-for-348-355-other-models.627172/

They are now available at Ricambi USA, but do basic faultfinding first. I would start a new message thread on this rather than spoiling your intro thread.

Unfortunately, buying a car with low miles (aka "garage queen") comes with its risks.

Suffyk likes this.
  10. Suffyk

Suffyk Formula Junior

May 25, 2012
    Thanks @Qavion ! Yes, it is. Thank you for the link.

11. 355dreamer

355dreamer F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 3, 2006
    DC Metro
    Full Name:
    L.C.
    Congrats. That’s a perfect spec.

Robb and Suffyk like this.
  12. Julia

Julia F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 22, 2014
    Houston
    Fantastic looking car. Congratulations!

Suffyk likes this.
  13. 308 GTB

308 GTB F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 7, 2002
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Barry Wolinsky
    Pretty car your F355 Spider. Congratulations! Drive it in good health.

Suffyk likes this.