360 - 360 Cat Delete Question | FerrariChat

360 360 Cat Delete Question

Discussion in '360/430' started by Aeron Fout, Oct 11, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Aeron Fout

Aeron Fout Karting

Nov 21, 2019
    Cocoa Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    flyadf
    I have a Capristo level 3 on my 360 with the main cats deleted. I still have the factory headers with pre-cats and it’s time to replace them, as they’ve started making the ticking sound.
    My car has had a constant emissions related check engine light as long as I’ve had it. I’m guessing this is because the previous owner did the main cat delete without re-coding the ecu’s.
    So here’s my question. I’m going to go ahead and install Fabspeed headers so I’ll be completely catless. Will getting rid of the pre-cats add any issues to my already existing check engine light, or will I need to have the emissions system de-coded from the ecu’s? Does it hurt to run these cars completely catless without ecu modification and just live with the check engine light?

Thanks!
    Aeron

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

greg328 likes this.
  2. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

doesn't hurt running catless, but don't live with the engine light, that's like having a headache for hangover and kept it for 10 years only to find out having a brain tumor in year 9, mistaken it for the heavy drinking you had 9 years ago.

you also do not need to run other headers for catless purposes. You only need to decat the oem cat.

the ticking sound could be the 2nd air injection valve, not necessarily your pre-cat.

3. Aeron Fout

Aeron Fout Karting

Nov 21, 2019
    Cocoa Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    flyadf
    What a great explanation haha! I actually have considered just de catting the oem headers, as long as I can verify that they’re not cracked.

4. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    have mase tune ur ECU, you will gain a bunch of ponies and he can eliminate the CEL.

RANDY6005 and Aeron Fout like this.
  5. hessank

hessank Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2005
    Canada, Florida
    Full Name:
    Fred
    Plus they are in your neck of the woods. Bonus!

Aeron Fout likes this.
  6. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

even if they are cracked, so what? Weld it! All aftermarket headers aren't worth it, in my personal opinion.

RANDY6005 likes this.
  7. Aeron Fout

Aeron Fout Karting

Nov 21, 2019
    Cocoa Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    flyadf
    I actually just left my local welding shop. I believe what I’m going to do is remove the pre-cats, have them welded and then ceramic heat coated.

one4torque and greg328 like this.
  8. hessank

hessank Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2005
    Canada, Florida
    Full Name:
    Fred
    +1
    I have a set of Fabspeed headers to install but I am afraid that it will be too noisy with the Spider. Right now the Tubi is fantastic.
    I am also thinking of doing the same thing at some point in time. Here are some pics (Fchat pics) if you haven't seen them already

Image Unavailable, Please Login

EastMemphis likes this.
  9. Aeron Fout

Aeron Fout Karting

Nov 21, 2019
    Cocoa Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    flyadf
    Thank you for the pics. Those will definitely be helpful.