Zoute Sale Belgium 12 October 2020 - Lusso SN 5017 | FerrariChat

Zoute Sale Belgium 12 October 2020 - Lusso SN 5017

Discussion in 'Vintage Ferrari Market' started by PBE624, Oct 2, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PBE624

PBE624 Formula Junior

Jan 18, 2005
    De Panne Belgium
    Full Name:
    Frank
  2. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Some strong estimates.

3. PBE624

PBE624 Formula Junior

Jan 18, 2005
    De Panne Belgium
    Full Name:
    Frank
  4. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    I love it when you have a car that does have an all new interior (concours restoration) and at the same time the sale shows proudly the original tool kit :D
    Nobody ever would replace the worn leather of the tool kit with complete new one to make it look better but the interior is normally replaced without second thought....

lgs, TTR, 375+ and 1 other person like this.
  5. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Well the handle of the bag was replaced, does that count? FWIW the contents are a mash-up, most of the tools in the kit are incorrect.

6. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ^ agree the tool kit is substandard for a car that received a top notch restoration.
    the restoration was done in a short time as the owner acquired it in 2018 and car was finished in 2019. the shops were very efficient.
    for those who were around when these cars were new, how did the new cars appear compared to these restored cars? i remember seeing brand new jag v12 e-types at the dealer and the fit and finish was fantastic.
    also, why not install seat belts purely for a peace of mind factor?
    can anyone comment on the rear package shelf as the “binding/cord running across it looks odd.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    I think you misunderstood my post... I did not criticise the tool kit! I said that to often the interior is changed to make it look better although the interior might have been good enough to safe it. For some reasons nobody does that with the tool kit. An original tool kit seems more important than an original interior.
    I think old leather shows more character and the cars life than complete new one. Just like old comfortable club arm chairs...

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

lgs and TTR like this.
  8. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    I agree, presenting used/worn tool kit, no matter how accurate or complete, with freshly and completely restored car for judging is akin to same car featuring used and worn (original ?) seat upholstery when rest of the interior has been completely redone. Or restoring the entire car except the engine compartment.
    Their appearance and condition clearly don't match and therefor should warrant some deductions.

OTOH, if the car is still mostly original, unrestored and presented for preservation, then having an unrestored tool kit makes sense.