456GT interior color of plastic trim/switches and center console | FerrariChat

456GT interior color of plastic trim/switches and center console

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by asgor, Apr 1, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. asgor

asgor Formula Junior

Sep 8, 2016
    Virginia, USA
    After 20 years of use, the inside door release handles on my 456GT are scratched and need to be repainted. That's a fairly easy task: remove handles, spray paint as needed, reinstall handles. The color doesn't seem to be an easy match, though: I tried all manners of “silver” but they have all turned out to be way too bright than the original color.

The interior color of such items as windows switches, center console, door release handles, etc. (all painted the same color) in my 456GT seems to be best described as a silver-bronze hue. And I am having a very hard time finding it.

Could you recommend a good color match - perhaps in the form of an existing paint code?

2. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Interior coatings are very specialized materials. We've had several colors matched by our manufacture. If you have a virgin piece (for matching) and wish to have us refinish your parts, please shoot me an email.

Note: we don't sell coatings - we only provide a full refinishing service. :)

3. asgor

asgor Formula Junior

Sep 8, 2016
    Virginia, USA
    Thank you Dave. I am looking for a simple solution first: then, should I be unsuccessful, I will definitely reach out to you so that we can explore the most logical way forward :)

Also, I wish to avoid any unnecessary down time: I am driving this thing practically every day and removing/shipping/painting/shipping back/reinstalling the hardware would keep the car off the road for longer than I am willing to bear in Spring/Summer.

All the best!

4. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Understood. Wait for next winter. Again, these coatings are very special - it's not something you can get at the local body shop.

And yes, it would take a lot of time. Custom matches take a few weeks from our supplier.

5. Davidspop

Davidspop Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2019
    Full Name:
    Lance Malcolm
    @asgor ...... So any color matches you found?

6. asgor

asgor Formula Junior

Sep 8, 2016
    Virginia, USA
    Unfortunately I couldn't find a satisfactory color match and just left the handle repainting project sitting. Now my former 456 is in the hands of another caretaker...

7. Davidspop

Davidspop Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2019
    Full Name:
    Lance Malcolm
    I know your frustration... I've got a new radio panel for my stereo install.. and not finding a good clean color match....... Appreciate your response!

8. Granada456

Granada456 Karting

Dec 8, 2020
    Granada
    Full Name:
    Julyan
    Davidspop and Il Tifoso like this.
  9. Davidspop

Davidspop Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2019
    Full Name:
    Lance Malcolm
    Appreciate the update, let us know how it looks when you try it....I'll try and get some too!

10. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Qavion likes this.
  11. Mr Mezzanotte

Mr Mezzanotte Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2006
    UK