Ferrari ROMA | Page 119 | FerrariChat

Ferrari ROMA

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by ajr550, Feb 7, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dadr

Dadr Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2012
    Memphis, TN
    You can avoid the box if you don’t order front Radar ADAS, my dealer even recommended not getting it because of just what you said, it is out of place. I ordered all the other features of the driving package without it. I don’t drive long distances usually or live in an area of horrible traffic so front radar cruise isn’t something I will miss anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. RamsHmb

RamsHmb Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    James
    Awesome! Sounds like we are in a horse race. U are flying, right? Maybe a fun wager on whose is prepped or the first to pick up. Have to believe we are close to one another on the line. Mine was 30 so maybe just behind you.

3. Dadr

Dadr Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2012
    Memphis, TN
    Beautiful color, which red is it Mugello?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. 008

008 Karting

Jun 6, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Yes, mugello.

of2worlds likes this.
  5. RamsHmb

RamsHmb Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    James
    My wife’s portofino is the same. It gets a crazy amount of compliments. It’s a spectacular color!

6. 008

008 Karting

Jun 6, 2006
    Houston, TX
    After seeing an F12 in this color, it became an easy decision for me. Would love to see pics of your Porto!

Have they uploaded any pics of your Roma? Mine’s in final assembly and should be stateside in 30 days or so according to the dealer.

7. RamsHmb

RamsHmb Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    James
    It is...I was nervous as we pivoted from Rosso portofino because of delays but so glad we picked it. Kind of a cool shot given the sun. Still no photos and dealer said I was a Nov slot but I was red 30 a week or so ago. He thought I would have end of November with flying it over. Hoping I get a couple of photos back to back like others have. You may be the first stateside...or very, very close to it.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Maggio23 likes this.
  8. 008

008 Karting

Jun 6, 2006
    Houston, TX
    That’s fantastic! Great spec for that car.

Ferrari confirmed my order in early November of last year and intimated to my dealer it was the first US order. I was told in no uncertain terms that it would definitely not be the first delivered though! Guess we’ll see how it goes but I’m looking forward to my first a Fcar.

elmadi and of2worlds like this.
  9. doc76

doc76 Rookie

Jul 27, 2014
    Italia
    Full Name:
    Nico
    Buonasera, volevo sapere se possibile qualche Vin di Roma, perché il Vin 260000 è già stato prodotto.

10. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    You will have more luck if you write in English.

Marcel Massini

elmadi, JotaEle and CavallinoRosso like this.
  11. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith

Forgot to upload the pics!

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login View attachment 3021953 Image Unavailable, Please Login

elmadi, WJHMH, midengine and 4 others like this.
  12. 008

008 Karting

Jun 6, 2006
    Houston, TX
    vcappp, Maggio23 and of2worlds like this.
  13. 008

008 Karting

Jun 6, 2006
    Houston, TX
    The front struts are not top mounted so it’s unclear how much negative camber is available. The car is very well balanced but I think it would benefit from more tire front and rear. Maybe a square setup. As others have posted turbo lag is kept very much in check. Tranny is great for an auto. Paddles feel bespoke. Back seat is tiny. Going to be tough fit for my two kids (8&11). Lastly car looks phenomenal in person. Grill, which was a concern for me, works well.

14. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith
    What did you think of the shields?

Nominally I'm a big fan but I had to say the car looks best without,,, might be color specific...

SV

15. 008

008 Karting

Jun 6, 2006
    Houston, TX
    The shields are obviously a personal thing but I’ve waivered on them. Candidly, I used to believe they belonged only on the racecars and maybe the special edition track focused cars but I actually think they look good on the Roma! I’m also not a yellow fan so I’d probably swap them for the carbons like I did with the wheel caps. I didn’t order them but I understand those who do.

elmadi likes this.
  16. RamsHmb

RamsHmb Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    James
    I waived them too. What color are the two cars?

17. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Blu grey car is Blu Roma. TDF is the second car. I have pics of the personalized plates.

I kept the shields on mine. But I had to decide before I could see it and in general I like the shields.

SV

RamsHmb likes this.
  18. Scott Hawthorne

Oct 17, 2020
    Full Name:
    WiSH
    Right, deposit for the Roma is down, finalising Tuesday and torn between the Rosso Corsa and the Giallo Modena. Any positive thoughts?

19. 008

008 Karting

Jun 6, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Both solid traditional colors. Often when I’m stuck between exterior colors, I focus on what interior I’d like with each and that helps push me in a direction. What would you do interior wise with each?

20. Scott Hawthorne

Oct 17, 2020
    Full Name:
    WiSH
    Well I was thinking of the Red, but actually now going with Nero black with, yellow cockpit banding/piping, yellow double stitching, yellow stitched headrest ponies and hopefully yellow seatbelts, if that’s an option. I’m now sticking with that interior, whether I go Rosso or Giallo paint.

21. 008

008 Karting

Jun 6, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Sounds like you’ve thought this through! Would work great with both but I saw a similar 488 with the giallo exterior and it just worked.

Scott Hawthorne likes this.
  22. Scott Hawthorne

Oct 17, 2020
    Full Name:
    WiSH
    The paint is the hardest choice of all. Some say it doesn’t suit either of the traditional colours, but I totally disagree. Anyway, currently leaning towards the red, but it changes by the hour.