Must-Have Options on GTC4 Lusso/Lusso T | FerrariChat

Must-Have Options on GTC4 Lusso/Lusso T

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by deichenb, Oct 17, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. deichenb

deichenb Formula Junior

Apr 3, 2007
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Full Name:
    David
    Hello FChat,

I’m considering one as a family-friendly daily. What are your favorite daily-use options:

Front Axle Lift
    Sport Exhaust (is this available on V12 and TTV8?)
    Audio?

Anything else you would always look for/wish you had found?

Thanks in advance,
    David

2. FFantastic

FFantastic Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2015
    UK Riviera
  3. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Look at where you will be driving. If you are not going to be negotiating sharp angles between street and driveways you don't need the lift.

If you get the sport exhaust, why waste money on audio?

And I agree with FFantastic, V12!

4. kimwizzzuuu

kimwizzzuuu Karting

Aug 26, 2018
    new york
    Full Name:
    Kim
    Base on your location, I’d have cooled seats, no lift needed, stock height is plenty even in nyc. Pano roof it all depends on if you always have people in the backseats or not.

5. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Sports exhaust but not the Ferrari option, real aftermarket one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. 2k8SB

2k8SB Karting

Oct 20, 2004
    Central Florida
    Full Name:
    Nathan
    I had a Lusso T for a number of months and used it as a daily driver. Can honestly say it was the best daily driver I’ve ever had, should never have sold it and will buy another. I know I’m in a minority here but I felt the V8TT was much better suited to daily driving, especially if you have to deal with heavy traffic situations than the V12. Don’t get me wrong I love a V12 and have an F12 for that purpose, but it really needs good open roads to make the most of it.

Regarding the initial question of options, here is what I would look for when buying again as a daily driver.

Ventilated seats, a must if you are in a warm climate
    Upgraded HiFi, it is so much better than the stock one and much better than the ‘upgrades’ on the 458/488 F12/812
    Lifter, depending on where you live again, this reduces anxiety on steep driveways / entry / exit
    CarPlay, if you are an apple person, this gives you all the functionality you are used to and a big touch screen to work with.

Things I wouldn’t bother with again after having had them.
    LED steering wheel, for a daily driver not really needed.
    Passenger display, it’s kind of cool for a week or so then never gets used again

Good luck with your search, you won’t regret it whatever spec you get!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

uhn2000 and Caeruleus11 like this.
  7. deichenb

deichenb Formula Junior

Apr 3, 2007
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Full Name:
    David
    Thanks to everyone for coming back so quickly. I’ve owned several NA V12 and V8 Ferraris. Naturally, I am compelled by the V12 version, but the RWD TTV8 may have some dynamic advantages, and I live in a snow-free climate. I’m going to drive them both.

Thank you for the recommendations on the options. It sounds like there are mixed opinions on the options. The axle lift system may be key, since there are some steep inclines with gasoline stations and various parking pads. But it sounds like there is reasonable clearance without it.

I’m curious to hear other opinions.

8. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Must haves

V12
    Pano roof
    Full electric seats
    Audio upgrade
    Lifter
    Shields
    Capristo controller
    Carplay

Things to avoid

Pirelli tyres
    Sport exhaust
    Leather flooring
    V8

Why?

The V12 just sujts the car much better. Nice sound when you put your foot in it and no drone when you cruise

Pano roof is a big deal for anyone in the back seat. The entire cabin just becomes a million times larger and airy.

With the full electric seats, you get more than just ventilation. They are for all intended purposes more comfy and softer than standard seats.

The base audio system is so bad, few words can describe it. The Lusso is a GT and a cruiser, so listening to music is often part ofcthe fun. While the upgraded stereo is stupidly overpriced, it is needed.

The lifter is brilliant. First off, on the Lusso it is not a front axle lifter, it lifts both front and rear. New York might not be a place of great offroading adventures, but there are parking garages with ramps and it can be a nice thing in the snow as well. It sucks to not have it if needed, but it is not a problem to have but not need.

Shields are just part of what makes resale possible.

The Capristo remote is a toy, but a really fun one. Best 660 bucks you will ever spend on something not in a thong.

Carplay... what can I say. Someone should be dragged to the square and shot for the initial price gouging on this one. But for what it is worth, it's stll brilliant.

Now why not?

Well, the Pirelli summer shoes for the Lusso are best used for tugboat fenders or just your average black smoke tyre fire. For a nice sports GT, they are useless. Get Michelins on it.

Sport exhaust. I stll cannot say it without laughing. Those are the single most expensive exhaust tips you will ever see. It is not a full system or even a sport rear muffler, it is just a set of tips.

Leather floor carpeting. It might seem like a cool addition to such a nice car, but for the sake of everything holy, DON'T. It will wear poorly and look terrible quickly. It is so pointless and only suitable for a garage queen driven by Heidi Klum. I dunno, she looks like someone with clean feet...

The V8. The obvious reason is of course the V12. But on top of that, it has a really pronounced drone. That is a bad deal in a GT car. It does not sound very nice in general, but it really affects the interior comfort.

Now what else can we say that will make your Lusso ownership experience better? Battery. You need a battery. The stock Ferrari battery is utter junk. Why worry when the fix is cheap. Get a Braille B10049 battery. Best battery you will ever get which is not associated with date night. Your car will start and be happy, and thus you and your family will be happy.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

danielinCO2, obar, Themaven and 11 others like this.
  9. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    David

Spent time in both extensively as well as my former FF. I have had my Lusso V12 for one year now. Drove both before and considered all variants- loaded bare and V8 and V12. Came from a fully optioned FF.

First- I think you are right in that the V8TT is the better driver’s car in many circumstances such as traffic and without the need for snow traction etc. Lighter, less costly and more like a sports car overall.

You did not mention BUT the V8 is more fully depreciated now and depreciates LESS on an ongoing fashion. Conspiracy theories and last of a kind aside, they all will go down in some way - there is a thread on this aspect on this section and a link to the YouTuber who does this kind of analysis if it matters to you.

I choose the V12 as my daily driver after my FF which I loved. If they made a FF v8TT I would take that car...........today. The only downside to the 12 is the PTU and awd which is something to break in the future.

My options that I enjoy

Pano- makes the car lighter and more airy without regard to whether I have a passenger.

Full electric is nice as is ventilated seats but once adjusted, not much going on there for me.

Lifter- I have on all my cars except this one which is high enough for nearly all circumstances.

Upgraded Hifi and ApplePlay- Yes- a value and enjoyable for long rides.

Exhaust is user preference. No comment.

Everything else is a bell or whistle and if you find a Lusso with it, consider but would not call anything else must haves.

Good luck, lots out there and find a good one. There are some very nice tailor made cars for good value out there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

10. deichenb

deichenb Formula Junior

Apr 3, 2007
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Full Name:
    David
    Thank you everyone for coming in on this thread. I’ve got a good idea what to look for now.

11. Jas

Jas Formula 3

Mar 2, 2005
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Jas
    As they are all used cars now, basically get one loaded to the gills with options. And a V12.

Lusso options cost a King's ransom, so get a car where someone already paid it.

Then put a Capristo controller and Novitec back box on it if you want it to sound like a Ferrari V12.

ScottS likes this.
  12. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Ya, a V12:D

350MH83 likes this.
  13. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Buy my brother in-laws LussoT, its probably one of the most loaded ones in North America.. and its priced in CAD so you win with the USD! Its at Ferrari of Ontario and I know they sell and ship to the USA.

Per your question, pano roof and carbon everywhere :) then your good. I think its all preference but I also really like the HIFI as a needed feature. I drove his car for a day and its so good and so fun!

https://www.autotrader.ca/a/ferrari/gtc4lusso/woodbridge/ontario/5_48308525_on20080130124436742?showcpo=ShowCpo&ncse=no&ursrc=hl&orup=5_8_8&sprx=100

14. Tommy Boy

Tommy Boy Karting

Aug 27, 2020
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Everyone saying V-12 as must have option. I disagree. Lusso T is an amazing car, and a nicely optioned or nicely priced Lusso should not be dismissed because it doesn't have a V-12. Lusso T has crazy power.

Apple CarPlay is a good option.

Themaven and ScottS like this.
  15. Magnus Kanerfalk

Sep 12, 2020
    Full Name:
    TioMango
    I myself is looking for a Lusso and have made a list of must-have and nice-to-have equipment:

1. Lifter - a must have
    2. Front camera - almost a must have
    3. JBL upgraded sound - almost a must have
    4. Full electric ventilated seats- Nice to have (will drive it in southern Spain where it's really hot in the summer)
    5. Panoramic roof - Nice to have for the passengers
    6. Carbon inside/outside - Nice to have, makes the car look much sportier

/M

2k8SB likes this.
  16. Tommy Boy

Tommy Boy Karting

Aug 27, 2020
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Agree that 1, 2, and 3 must have's. Apple CarPlay must have also because practical in a daily.

17. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Family friendly everyday driver with pin sharp handling? Look no further than the Lusso V8T my friend.
    Join the heretics ;)
    Extras wise, lifter and pano roof.
    As for passenger display, we found the novelty wears off quickly.
    Otherwise? Waze on the phone helps you keep your license !

Tommy Boy likes this.
  18. SECRET

SECRET Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 19, 2007
    Had a similar thread on this a few months ago as well as I was searching. Here's what I came up with after lots of helpful feedback from the forum:

V12 if you can

ACPL |  CarPlay <-- Only if you're an iPhone user or you wish to sell your car later. My dealer won't attempt to add this later. Says it's a huge pain in the ass.

ECRF | Panoramic Roof <-- Lots of people like this. If you don't, you can always tint the crap out of it and protect resale later

ELEV | Suspension Lifter <-- Good to have. I learned after purchasing the car that it actually lifts all 4 corners

SNDB | High Power HiFi System <-- Also good to have if you enjoy listening to music while you're driving

I do wish I had front cameras. I got confused thinking that "FCAM | Advanced Front Driving Camera" was actually the front parking camera, but it turns out that's the camera for ADAS.

As for the question regarding the exhaust, it's just an option for different **style** tips. The naming is ambiguous and makes owners think it's a change in the muffler/tubing that results in a sound difference (like Porsche's Sport Exhaust option). See below screenshot from the personalization guide.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  19. gilly6993

gilly6993 Formula 3

Aug 20, 2009
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    V12 is a must IMO. There’s nothing like it!

My kids love the pano roof. It also makes the inside feel much bigger. For me the lift is an absolute must but not needed for everyone. The passenger display is a joke. I went cats/ exhaust so can’t comment on that.

I short your won’t be disappointed. Best family car ever....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SECRET likes this.
  20. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    For the record Ferrari did not "give me the option" NOT to by the "optional" passenger display !
    So if that sharp practice was widespread, most cars will probably have it...

SECRET likes this.
  21. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    If was to spec a new Lusso today, I would still order the display. One might not need it, but like in the FF, it is fitted to the car in a way so that if it is not there, it looks like something is missing. For me it's a matter of aesthetics in the FF and Lusso. I suspect that's one of the reasons why so many was ordered with it. In the SF90 and 812 I don't see it as something that visually needs to be there.

22. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Interesting, to be honest I have never seen a Lusso without one.

SECRET likes this.
  23. Tommy Boy

Tommy Boy Karting

Aug 27, 2020
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    My Lusso does not have the display and there is an odd compartment with a door.

SECRET and 635CSI like this.
  24. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Yup. I can't help but think, why is that there? It's like a car that lacks an electronic option and with a fake button or something. I wonder if they originally designed it thinking it would be a standard thing, and then decided to make it an option.

Tommy Boy and 635CSI like this.
  25. Way2fast

Way2fast Formula 3

May 24, 2006
    Santa Barbara County
    Full Name:
    Sam
    There is a USB port in there. My wife plugs her phone in there and then puts her phone in the compartment

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Tommy Boy likes this.