F8 Spyder | FerrariChat

F8 Spyder

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by snl51200, Oct 17, 2020.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. snl51200

snl51200 Rookie

Jul 3, 2020
    Full Name:
    Sean Mulderig
    I am new to Ferrari. Just ordered my F8. Have to wait 18 months but I believe its worth it. Have an option question. What is a "Leather Rear Shelf (Code SHF1)?

2. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    It is just getting leather on it instead of fabric. Do it, looks a lot better.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Viperjoe likes this.
  3. snl51200

snl51200 Rookie

Jul 3, 2020
    Full Name:
    Sean Mulderig
  4. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    First if you are getting a SPIDER you have to spell it correctly. Just busting your chops congrats!

5. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Nah, it's that new F8 Lambo:)

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

6. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    I ordered that option on when I ordered my 488GTB.

Its the part on the firewall that is carpet it is replaced with leather. The section that has the net. I did it because I love leather and now carpet is only on the floor.

2 more items you should look at , if you have full electric seats go for the leather back option.

Also definitely tick ULEZ upper leather option. The OEM fabric is ridiculous for a Ferrari or any car at this price. It resembles scouring pad material. Leather is really highlighted with stitching also.

Although these options are purely visual and out of sight they IMO add the final ticks and extra leather makes even a nicer smell.

The other item that was poorly done on the 488 GTB and I think Pista ? is the rear view mirror. Basically looked like it was pulled of a 1986 Toyota Corolla. To over come that the electrochromatic mirror int/ext option fixed it up . Really 100% better looking and if you have electric seats you got electric steering wheel and also folding mirrors. Im not sure on the F8 if its the same case. Look into that before you finally settle on your spec

Viperjoe likes this.
  7. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    Yes for F8 on the electric seats, electric steering wheel and folding mirrors.

GT2goneF and MANDALAY like this.
  8. snl51200

snl51200 Rookie

Jul 3, 2020
    Full Name:
    Sean Mulderig

9. snl51200

snl51200 Rookie

Jul 3, 2020
    Full Name:
    Sean Mulderig
    Thanks for the input

10. BillHartman67

BillHartman67 Karting

Sep 25, 2021
    Montvale, NJ
    Full Name:
    Bill Hartman
    Mandalay, What is the difference between "Leather Back(rest) option and Leather Shelf?" (I know Leather Shelf is on the wall behind the seat.)

What Do you think about Leather Central Tunnel?? ($1012 US)

Has anyone done an Alcantera roof and Alcantera Shelf? Not sure how to option it?

11. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    yes on leather shelf, headliner and central tunnel really finished the interior nicely

12. BillHartman67

BillHartman67 Karting

Sep 25, 2021
    Montvale, NJ
    Full Name:
    Bill Hartman
    Any pics. Please.

13. Aklava

Aklava Rookie

Aug 3, 2021
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Andrew Klava
    Just had my f8 delivered this weekend. Thoroughly recommend the alcantara roof lining. Looks smart with lovely contrast stitching if you have taken that option as well. Didnt option the shelf. Look ok without i think.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

blkdiablo33 likes this.
  14. BillHartman67

BillHartman67 Karting

Sep 25, 2021
    Montvale, NJ
    Full Name:
    Bill Hartman
    Could you send pics please. Especially of your new baby... :)

Chizz likes this.
  15. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    i have all my seats headliner lower dash and lower door panels all in alcnatara love the look

16. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

What colour seats are you getting ? If not black the back of the seat will be black but its faux leather i.e. not leather.

I have black seats but also ticked that option as it will be leather and you will have contrast stitching in the colour you chose for stitching.

Correct the Leather shelf is the wall behind the seat.

Check with your dealer but im 99.99% positive as mine is the central tunnel is Leather. So when they say Leather Central Tunnel is IF you want another colour other than black.

Yes many have done the roof and self in Alcantara. Just tell the dealer.

The point I make is option with leather as the OEM material just doesn't look right.

17. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

488 GTB black interior , All leather , preferred the white stitching as it really show the outline of the parts. Red gets lost IMO and has that ricer look which I dont like. Also no keen on carbon but still got the LED's. Not many cars done like this.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4 Years latter and the spell of leather is intoxicating every time I get in her

jm2 likes this.
  18. BillHartman67

BillHartman67 Karting

Sep 25, 2021
    Montvale, NJ
    Full Name:
    Bill Hartman
    Seats are Cuoio, Daytona black inserts (still deciding on alcantera vs leather for inserts).

Thinking about alcantera roof liner and maybe leather shelf? Or both in leather?

contrast stitch is red with matching red cavalino.

LED wheel no other carbon. Passenger display.

thoughts?

19. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

These are MY thoughts.

I very much like monochromatic. Hence why my interior is black with white stitching. I gave you my thoughts why I didnt chose red.

You have to answer the question yourself with regards to combinations. I like it simple. How do you feel with different colours / textures ?

IMO the best Pistas were those that had all alcantara or all leather. Mixing along with mixing carbon both glossy and flat and other materials really looked like a mixed bag.

You say seats are Cuoio , Daytona and black inserts. So there is black there. Im assuming you are going electric ? Black on the back of the seat would look ok if the inserts were leather. Then again Cuoio on the back would look better IMO.

Do you have any Cuoio anywhere else in the car ? Dash , doors , carpet etc. This would be up to you at looking at different combinations to see what looks best.

Think about the whole interior.

Im not a fan of red stitching. I have seen many cars with read stitching on Cuoio . Not my cup of tea. I would prefer black stitching . See that goes with the black element and becomes monochromatic 2 colours.

If you have no carbon look at the option LED's on a full leather steering wheel like mine. The carbon will look lost and such a small amount will clash with the aluminium parts.

I have the passenger display in my 488 GTB however primitive compared to the F8 and 296. The OEM surround is carbon in the F8 and 296.

I would ask to have it piano black like mine in the 488 GTB as I have no carbon.

At the end of the day its your decision. Good luck with it :)

RoadRonin and Chizz like this.
  20. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    "Im not a fan of red stitching. I have seen many cars with read stitching on Cuoio . Not my cup of tea. I would prefer black stitching . See that goes with the black element and becomes monochromatic 2 colours."

Red stitching w/cuoio seats leans towards looking pink. I opted for black stitching with my curio seats in the 488. Image Unavailable, Please Login

21. BillHartman67

BillHartman67 Karting

Sep 25, 2021
    Montvale, NJ
    Full Name:
    Bill Hartman
    First: Thanks for the great reply with Pics. It really highlights your thoughts.

Second: I think you may have swayed me. I Agree with all one material. And I tend to agree with KISS (Keep it Simple Smarty).

I WAS going for two Colors (Cuoio with Black) keeping Cuoio on the lower doors and under the dash/ black on top of doors and dash, with black carpets and then add Red Stitch and Cavalino to highlight.

NOW I am leaning toward Black Stitch and Black Cavalino to keep simple.

As for the seat backs, since you hardly ever see them, I will go with standard (and save some $) and maybe do the seat shelf in leather.
    Need to look at price for headliner in leather vs alcantara. While I would prefer leather but I am trying to keep the price out of the stratosphere.
    Have to check price on final build meeting (Should be soon).

It is way too easy to just keep checking boxes at $1k-$4k here and there and the next you know you added $30K.
    I am currently sitting at $387K US before tax and fees. $413K US after. (wanted to be under $375K but stuff keeps getting added o_O)

Chizz likes this.
  22. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

Looks great , monochromatic ;). IMO also more defined with the black stitching

jm2 likes this.
  23. RCorsa

RCorsa Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 5, 2014
    West Coast
    I agree. I like to keep my interiors simple but match the stitch to the exterior color but always with all black leather and Carbon. For the f8 I’m doing Rosso with all the exterior and interior carbon with all black leather and red stitching. The only other color is the yellow on the shields, badge, steering wheel, and tach. My last 2 cars I did white (Avus and Fuji) and same combo with all carbon and all black leather with white stitching. Looked great, classy and sporty at the same time.

AD211 likes this.
  24. iMrMark

iMrMark Karting

May 24, 2021
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Oddly enough alcantara is more expensive on the build sheet. Or it was! About 2300 for colored leather vs 3k for alcantara is what I have down.

Fingers crossed for you sir! Would love to hear about more allocations going out. It feels like if it’s going to happen, gotta be within next couple months. I live for everyone’s build coming to life and seeing the end result :)

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

25. 430jm

430jm Formula Junior

Jun 11, 2017
    Atlanta
    Love red stitching.

MANDALAY likes this.