Has anyone installed test pipes and kept oem mufflers on a 458??? | FerrariChat

Has anyone installed test pipes and kept oem mufflers on a 458???

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by mvga1987, Oct 18, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mvga1987

mvga1987 Karting

Mar 13, 2020
    San Mateo California
    Full Name:
    Marcus Araujo
    So I have a 458 and I am considering upgrading the exhaust but the stock mufflers sound really nice but I wish they were a little louder. I noticed most people change only the mufflers or mufflers and test pipes (cat delete) but I haven't seen any 458 with cat delete and stock muffler.

If you have done this please share a video or link. Would be nice to hear the factory mufflers with a test pipe.

Thanks!

Marcus

2. Eds458

Eds458 Karting

Jan 24, 2020
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Edward Lagunte
    Did you install a valve controller or disconnect the vacuum to your exhaust valves? If you want it louder but not too loud that might be the way to go.

Ed

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

3. obbob

obbob Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2017
    If you want to keep the stock pitch but be louder, then go with Tubi exhaust muffler.

Test pipes will make your car louder and raspier, but is considered a "more invasive" mod because it messes with emissions and you will need to handle the check engine light.

4. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Cat delete pipes will not make your car a little louder. It will make your car a lot louder - and it will smell

Get 200 cell sport cats and a Capristo controller.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

5. mvga1987

mvga1987 Karting

Mar 13, 2020
    San Mateo California
    Full Name:
    Marcus Araujo
    Thanks for the replies. I have done cat delete on many cars and don't mind the smell. The check engine light will go away with a O2 spacer.

6. DOWORKFCAR

DOWORKFCAR Formula Junior

Oct 15, 2016
    Spacers will not do the trick.