Finalizing PF-M order interior color? | FerrariChat

Finalizing PF-M order interior color?

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by Florida Joe, Oct 17, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Florida Joe

Florida Joe Karting

Jul 28, 2005
    South Florida
    Yes I test drove the Roma on Thursday. After the ride, I made my mind up to buy the PF. The Roma is a great car but for an every day driver, too dark inside. Made it feel like a cocoon. It needs a sunroof or like the MB Magic Sky.

Am in S. Florida (sunny) so going with Rosso Portofino on the exterior. Interior I am conflicted. Leaning towards Sabbia or Beige. Just not a fan of cuio and black too dark and hot.

The dealer doesn't have a RP in stock so am trying to spec the combination without seeing it. Even the dealer is conflicted. Sales rep Sabbia, Manager cuio.

Suggestions based on what you have seen together not independantly?

Thks

2. Redneck Slim

Redneck Slim Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2011
    Palo Alto,CA,USA
    Full Name:
    Walt Kimball
    I was worried about black being too hot based on my experiences with black Naugahyde,but I have no problem with the black leather in my Portofino even in 100-degree weather.

3. AD211

AD211 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 19, 2017
    South Carolina
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Rank them and pic the highest number. It’s what you want. If it were what I want it’d be Sabia. I love the lighter beige with black dash. Not a fan of the tan/darker beige colors. Many have said to be wary of blue jeans leaving color transfer on the lighter leathers though. FWIW, I never had ‘black interiors are so hot’ issues with my Nero ext and int Cali in hot and humid SC.

Found this F12 Sabia/Nero interior with Nero piping. Really nice...

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Caeruleus11 and tomc like this.
  4. sandisk

sandisk Karting

Jul 16, 2013
    Sabbia all the way for me, would look good with Rosso piping as well and even go for the ventilated seats to keep cool with the roof down. You do need to be careful with Sabbia as it doesn’t like new blue jeans or transferable dye from brown/black belts etc but does look great. I’d also recommend the heat reflective windscreen option for where you are.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

5. Florida Joe

Florida Joe Karting

Jul 28, 2005
    South Florida
    Order placed, deposit paid.. i can still change but I went w Sabbia.

Just gotta be careful..

Sent from my H8314 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Laserguru, tomc and AD211 like this.
  6. Gcsdave

Gcsdave Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2011
    uk
    Full Name:
    Dave
  7. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Have a look at the semi aniline Cuoio Toscana. Specced a Rosso Maranello with that interior and it looks great. It's a much softer and nicer leather than normal leather which will feel much more comfy in a place like Florida. Don't let the name fool you. It is much closer to Beige Tradizione than normal Cuoio in tone. Works well with the modern metallic reds.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

8. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Have Sabbia in the Lusso. Very easy to keep nice.

Florida Joe likes this.
  9. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
  10. sandisk

sandisk Karting

Jul 16, 2013
    Just some thoughts on the semi-aniline leather interior - looks great and more natural looking leather but costs circa 5,000 Euros and you also have to sign a disclaimer for any damage caused by rain, dye transfer etc that Ferrari isn't liable.

11. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    That's odd i did not have to sign anythin of the sort. Not on the FF, not on the Lusso, not on this. It wears great and retains its looks much better than standard leather. Remember that semi-aniline leather is coated for protection as opposed to aniline leather. The only times a disclaimer has been in play afaIk, was with TM cars where clients brought their own leather etc. Never experienced it with the regular semi-aniline stuff. As for price it is well worth it. Look at the price for CF, Carplay etc. Here you actually get an interior material that is a bit step up from the normal leather. See the grey painted exterior trim? That's an 8000 Euro option for a bit of extra paint. A CF rear diffuser is poiness but cost about 5000 Euro. Out of all the ridiculous ways we can burn money, a good interior material is probably the most sane and beneficial - especially when considering how unimpressive and poor wearing the standard leather is. Screw all the interior CF but give me a nice interior hide any day. That leather is the single best option on that car.

SVCalifornia likes this.
  12. cyr

cyr Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2020
    Full Name:
    Cy
    I chose a Crema interior with black piping for the Porto and am very pleased with it. Gives a good feeling of space inside, which is important if it is to be your DD. My previous car interior was black and I hated it. look into adding a few colour touches. Adds a bit of pizzaz. Image Unavailable, Please Login

AD211 and Florida Joe like this.
  13. Florida Joe

Florida Joe Karting

Jul 28, 2005
    South Florida
    Very nice. Did you go with the HI-Fi or the standard radio? I am mixed. Have to start holding the line somewhere

14. cyr

cyr Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2020
    Full Name:
    Cy
    Frankly the standard radio and sound system are pretty good. I have never seen the point of expensive sound system upgrades as a car will always be a noisy environment and in any case, the music should not be so loud as to cut you off from your surroundings. Did not shell out thousands for Appleplay. I have put all my music from iTunes onto a USB stick and that works as well, including being able to search in multiple ways. Did get the ADAS, which works extremely well.

15. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    I really have to disagree with this. With the lack of clarity in the standard system, you need a higher volume to actually enjoy the music. The less distorted signal cuts through much better, and even if you decide to listen at the same level as o e would do with a less precise system, the cleaner sounding system will be much better at not blocking out outside information. If you go into a listening room with two sound systems each set to 105 db pink noise, which is pretty loud, but one being a reference system and the other a cheap discount store system, the experience is very different. Playing music, with the reference system playing, we could have a conversation pretty easily with little effort and it would not hurt our ears. Now switch to the bad system and not only would a conversation be hard, being in the room would be stressful and tiresome. The ear is much more sensitive to distorted and clipped audio signals than just about anything. Want safety? Make sure what ever music level you listen at, you listen to a clean signal that does not stress you or annoys you. Drove an 812 with a base system, and even at really low volumes, it was really distracting. So much so I needed to turn it off for maximum concentration.

RamsHmb likes this.
  16. coolhandshin

coolhandshin Rookie

Nov 24, 2016
    It is indeed a noisy environment and not the perfect listening condition, however, it is not always 7000 rpm ten-tenths noisy all the time.
    Sometimes the car is idling at a stoplight or just cruising at the most relaxed manner or even just waiting for the girl with engine actually off.

I actually appreciate good audio systems and its music at those certain, frequent conditions and usually opt for the upgraded audio.

Now with Ferraris, the upgrade is really expensive, and even with all my faith and the need for a good audio system, makes me wonder if the upgrade is actually really a notch up and really worth it!

russellmcg likes this.
  17. Florida Joe

Florida Joe Karting

Jul 28, 2005
    South Florida

That is what I am questioining. Is the $5K - $6K worth it.

18. 348SStb

348SStb F1 Rookie
    Owner

Question- did you test drive the Portofino M?

If yes, how would you compare it to the drive of the Roma? My Dad test drove the Roma a few days ago and he implored me to order one. He said it’s absolutely far beyond any other Ferrari or car he’s ever driven or owned. He said the whole driving experience was unbelievable. He used that word “unbelievable” to describe every aspect of the car: handling, transmission, engine sound.

I am thinking about a Portofino M because of the convertible factor, but not if it drives a generation behind the Roma. It is said the Roma is based on the Portofino; without having driven either, the only thing I can do is hope the Portofino M was given whatever driving attributes the Roma has — especially since the two have the same powertrain.

19. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Exactly what other cars have your father driven? So far, the few I have spoken to, have not been that impressed. It compared somewhat to an in-between Merc SL and Merc GTC but below the Merc GTR. I have not driven it yet as I don't plan to buy one, but I have yet to meet anyone who has, who did not say it was the least Ferrari feeling Ferrari. But hey, this was also what Ferrari said at the release in Rome.

20. 348SStb

348SStb F1 Rookie
    Owner

Thanks for your reply.

Don’t think you needed to ask “exactly which” cars my 83.8 year-old father has driven, as if we need to diminish him or more broadly the opinion of anybody in particular, but thanks anyway for your reply.

I highly doubt any new model Ferrari would drive in a disappointing way, but I’ll make myself cautiously observant as a result of the reviews you’ve communicated.

russellmcg likes this.
  21. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    I did not try to diminish anyone and since you did not mention your fathers age, what does that even matter in relation to my question? You need to remember, when you write what you write without putting any info or explanation up for comparison, it is difficult not to wonder what exactly is used to compare. So yes, a more exact comparison will paint a much more clear picture of what exactly his experience is. If his latest car was an 812 SF, then that's completely different than if his latest Ferrari was a 412I. It has nothing to do with diminishing anyone and you don't have to be so defensive just because another member asks a question. It was simply a matter of getting some details about what level of comparison was used.

Regarding whether a modern Ferrari can be disappointing or not, of course they can. Why not? Not all Ferraris though history have been great cars and none are perfect. That little Cavalino does not automatically make for a great car. You have blinders on if you think that is the case. Do I think the Roma is a bad car? Not by any means, but bad and disappointing is not the same thing. If the feel of the car is massively changed so it does not feel like a Ferrari, to many that will be hugely disappointing. A Merc SL is not a bad car, but it's boring. If that is what has happened to the Roma, which I personally don't know, yes then it is a disappointment. When my Porto arrived this summer, I chose to let it go right away because it just did not feel as good as I had hoped. I'm not a brand fanatic and thus a Merc GTR was found. Does it have a Ferrari badge? Nope, but I find it a lot more fun and engaging. Does a Panamera compete with my Lusso? Some would say yes, and for size and comfort it does, but for fun and sense of occasion it's a dud. So again, disappointment has zero to do with age or the car being properly bad, it's simply when it does not do what you expected it would do. We connect differently with cars and that's why we expect different things. While some get disappointed about something, others won't, that's the whole idea behind having different cars. If Ferrari has fulfilled their statement of the Roma being a Ferrari for people too afraid to drive a Ferrari, then yes, to me that's a big thing and hugely disappointing. Maybe it's time to go for a drive in a Roma. Will give me a better perspective. I might be proven wrong.

AD211 likes this.
  22. 348SStb

348SStb F1 Rookie
    Owner

Very long response to a simple matter.

You were being sarcastic when you asked “Exactly what cars has your father driven” because we both know you are not interested in me listing of over 500 cars. You don’t care, and neither does anyone else.

Let’s not hijack this thread. Back to the original poster’s question.

JayGeeee likes this.
  23. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    You cannot by that comment deduce whether I was sarcastic or not. Quite sure you cannot see me. That's your assumption, so please don't state it as fact.
    If anything, I was being sceptical. Very different from being sarcastic.

As for not caring? Yep, nobody cares about a long list. But would it have been a long list to add two or three models for reference? That might be something someone cared about.

Agree on the moving on. We're cluttering up the line.

russellmcg and AD211 like this.
  24. Florida Joe

Florida Joe Karting

Jul 28, 2005
    South Florida
    I have not test driven a PF-M as they have not been produced yet for sale. I can only go by reviews of the reg PF and take into account the new 8 speed transmission, race mode, improved -less travel on the brake pedal and some of the other technical elements mentioned in their you tube videos

I did drive the Roma. A very nice car but it wasn't for me. I felt claustrophobic due the low roof line, lack of sunroof and though I am a tech geek, the Apple Newton screen from 20+ years ago has a long way to go to catch up w Tesla or some other manufacturers. Granted trying to implement a touch screen facing the sky in a convertible would be challenging.

In all fairness, I have owned 3 convertibles in a row and this will be my 4th so the Roma was a hard sell to me from the begining.

P.S. I went with sabbia and the dealer suggests eckbond on the interior.

Copy and paste the link.

http://eckbond.com/product-testing/leather-bond-anti-staining-test/

Joe

Il Co-Pilota and russellmcg like this.
  25. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Eckbond seems to be a well liked product. Have not tried it, but you got my attention. Might give it a go.