Ferrari F8 Tributo | Page 225 | FerrariChat

Ferrari F8 Tributo

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Ferrari 308 GTB, Feb 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jcmd

Jcmd Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2017
    EMA
    The process of the painting of the stripe is quite labor intensive and not robot adaptable. Selling a carbon fiber option is more profitable and quick...as the market option order becomes consistent and matures..they will decide weather stripes will be listed in the option book. I say a well designed vinyl stripe makes more sense...in resale, u can remove them. The horror is if it not well designed or implemented...it may diminish the car.

2. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I am not arguing with you. I am agreeing with you. I am not a stripe-r anyway. Anything you want, Ferrari will do as long as it is within their standards, but you will be billed for it at a higher rate. That is all.

3. Jaiceman

Jaiceman Rookie

Aug 8, 2020
    I’m new here, coming fr. a long line of Porsche gts and Mclaren. What’s up w all these sensitive guys trying to puff up their chests as to why the pista is so much better than the F8? Comes off real insecure And whiny, Good God lol. I guess i assumed at this level on motoring, people were all car guys and saw them as such... I bought the F8 over a pista before I ever became a member here, and I’d do it again. They’re all awesome.

stavura, Drson, xBox and 5 others like this.
  4. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Welcome aboard. Way to start ruffling feathers. There is sensitivity but I don't think it is worth the argument, much less the bad start.

I too got an F8 over the Pista. I have my personal reasons and as such they have been read and respected, just as much as I respect theirs. Both are magnificent in their own right.

Enjoy the ride and don't let the few distract you from the most. There is so much more and better things to spend your time on than negativ energy.

Have a great one and hope to see you around again.

Drson likes this.
  5. Jaiceman

Jaiceman Rookie

Aug 8, 2020

It caught me off guard. Thanks for the welcome; I left the best for last as they say. Ownership thus far has been fantastic... Image Unavailable, Please Login

stavura, doc76, mdrums and 6 others like this.
  6. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Gorgeous! You too went white! I see red (interiors)....

Pis7a2020 likes this.
  7. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I didn’t love the F8, but that doesn’t mean anything. I have 30 minutes of seat time. If an owner of the car sings it’s praises I’m happy for them and also happy to think there’s far more to the car I could discover.

Ash Patel and Coincid like this.
  8. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

True however that customer really wanted it and got it. The combo IMO is really great and striking. It actually looks as it belongs

9. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

Money talks bullsheez walks.

I would be the only person who ever wanted a LED steering wheel all leather with no carbon in Australia. Yes I paid for that handsomely . But now you can request it.

GT2goneF likes this.
  10. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Did you see the Wheels boutique video? The owner had the interior "piano'd" black like you want it. Everything for the right price can be done, factory or not..

MANDALAY likes this.
  11. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
  12. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    Nice!!

Jo Sta7 likes this.
  13. jonnyboy

jonnyboy Rookie

Jun 9, 2020
    Full Name:
    Jon Seal
    I had a drive in the F8 last weekend its quick and the ride is improved over the 458 but I jumped in the 458 after the F8 drive and the F8 was forgotten in 3 full throttle gear changes. It's sad Ferrari are legislated into producing less exciting cars but that's what we are stuck with I guess.

Jo Sta7, Shadowfax and ryalex like this.
  14. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    F8 should do 0-140 mph in ~10 seconds flat on a great run with lower DA. Pretty freaking fast.

GT2goneF likes this.
  15. Mortarion

Mortarion Karting

Jun 6, 2020
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Jase
    Ive driven my friends 488 spider with IPE exhaust a hand full of times and its an awesome car... But after driving the F8 I felt the overall improvement was enough to pick it over the 458 even with the shortcomings of the sound. Hopefully Kline comes up with something that will solve the F8s weak point.

Ash Patel, stavura, Coincid and 3 others like this.
  16. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa FL
    The 992 turbo vs the f8 will be interesting...lol

Jo Sta7 likes this.
  17. Mortarion

Mortarion Karting

Jun 6, 2020
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Jase
    458 Spider*

18. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
  19. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I am with you on that. I am for now waiting on Kline to see what they come up against Novitec. One or the other, no other.