Any information on the TRUE wait times for a new Portofino or Pista? | FerrariChat

Any information on the TRUE wait times for a new Portofino or Pista?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by masguy40, Oct 22, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. masguy40

masguy40 Karting

Oct 21, 2020
    Full Name:
    Kerry Lemos
    I am ready to pull the trigger, my (semi) local dealer won't even give me an estimate of wait times from the factory until I place a deposit for full amount. Rude and unprofessional, but these guys have always been like that, poor representation of a revered worldwide brand.

Anyone have honest practical feedback on wait times???

thanks

2. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Pista is effectively obsolete & you do not give an idea of location - maybe by trying to order a Pista they don't think you are serious ? Portofino has been modified so you are looking at maybe 6 months but different dealers have different allocations

IloveGT likes this.
  3. Viperjoe

Viperjoe F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

I believe both Pista models (Coupe and Spyder) are no longer in production.

4. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    You have to realize there are a lot of tire kickers who wander into a Ferrari showroom. How do they know you? Not to mention that except for beginning with "P", there is a huge difference between the two cars.

Of course that's not to say that some salespeople are rude and unprofessional. :D

5. Aaya

Aaya F1 Veteran

Jul 12, 2007
    Full Name:
    Wu Tsai
    Outside of the porsche dealer who has been a friend of mine for 15 years, I don't really interact with the sales guys on any significant level. Just send over your proof of financing or bank statement. If they are willing to work with you fine, if not f 'em.

6. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    nah, wearing flip flops and a richard mille will do the same trick. There is a lot of security concern with your suggestion of sharing bank statement. I am sure you are kidding. For real, just send an email to the GM and letting them know your car portfolio and ask for a test drive. For new customer, I doubt Portofino will be as hard as a Pista for test drive.

Seriously is the op dealer is only one in 100 miles radius?

7. Aaya

Aaya F1 Veteran

Jul 12, 2007
    Full Name:
    Wu Tsai
    If i needed to be taken serious i would send proof of financing. Done that on commercial purchases. Filled out many financial info sheets when i was younger. Really not a risk in my opinion, but discretion and judgment is required. Your way is fine too, sucks to be stonewalled by a badge heavy sales guy, so i feel for the op.

8. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Irony abounds.
    Are people still judging these days?

I think if one goes in and asks open needed questions about a car not all the cars people are taken seriously bank statement or not.

It’s the seriousness not the resources.

I’m looking for a xxxxx. How does one get one ?

So fill in Pista. Last year - I said to my guy - what about a Pista? He told who hold them that was looking to sell and how much. Told me order book was closed already but he could find one to my liking.

Like that. They make money by selling. It’s in they’re interest to sell to buyers with the desire and resources to acquire a Ferrari.

Odd these stories.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. masguy40

masguy40 Karting

Oct 21, 2020
    Full Name:
    Kerry Lemos
    I do not take the dealership behavior personally, I have purchased there before and the attitude has always been poor. I almost cannot blame them (except I do...), they are in an area where Nuvo-riche billionaires are minted on a weekly basis and will pay $100k over Factory MSRP to have their way.

I have since called Maranello, it took a bit of work to find the right individual, lucky I am able to speak Italian, it helped. Bottom line from the factory was that this dealership has sold its allotment into 2022. He pointed me to other dealers that still have allotments. His UNOFFICAL wait time estimate= 9 months for Portofino M and 18 months for any F8 or F9 speciale.

Ferrari hold its position on NOT creating a formal Euro-Delivery option from the factory.