Are my seat belts original and/or correct? '75 308 GT4 | FerrariChat

Are my seat belts original and/or correct? '75 308 GT4

Discussion in '308/328' started by oelboxer, Aug 29, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. oelboxer

oelboxer Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 4, 2018
    Full Name:
    Matt Wright
    I'm on the hunt for a replacement front seat belt buckle for my '75 308 GT4 (surprise, surprise) but I'm not even sure my seat belts are original. If anyone could post a photo of their original buckle and male end of the seat belt for comparison that would be amazing. I know these are really hard to find, but I've heard a lot of people mention the Delorean seat belt as a match. They don't appear to be the same as mine, their male end isn't the type with the hole in the center. I'm wondering if mine were already swapped out once. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! - Matt
    Here are the belts in the car currently:

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    They look different than mine

3. NW328GTS

NW328GTS Formula 3

Nov 16, 2009
    Washington
    Full Name:
    Hal
    I think Klippan is the original supplier. I know they are for my 328. They are available in the mostly right configurations but for different cars than our Ferraris. Those dont look right but again I dont have a 308

4. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    Yes originals are klipan

5. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
  6. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
  7. oelboxer

oelboxer Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 4, 2018
    Full Name:
    Matt Wright
    Thanks so much for the great info and pics. My male ends match yours, but my buckles look like replacements. This is a huge help in the hunt for good buckles.

8. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    Welcome. But your male ends look different too

9. oelboxer

oelboxer Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 4, 2018
    Full Name:
    Matt Wright
    They’re the same, mine are just missing the black plastic square filler cap. Mercedes Klippan belts used the same thing.

10. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
  11. Fave

Fave F1 Rookie

Aug 12, 2010
    Tarana
    Full Name:
    L. Ike Hunt
    They're made by Klipan. Used on Alfas of the same time. Check Alfa parts guys on eBay, they don't charge the Ferrari tax

12. oelboxer

oelboxer Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 4, 2018
    Full Name:
    Matt Wright
    Will do. I noticed they look the same, but I also tried some nearly identical Klippan latches for Mercedes, and they did not fit. Will definitely try the Alfa’s.

13. Fave

Fave F1 Rookie

Aug 12, 2010
    Tarana
    Full Name:
    L. Ike Hunt
    Look for the entire assembly, belt and clip. My car is a 74 Euro and it had static belts. Very uncomfortable. So I got NOS Klipan from an Alfa guy and replaced them. Though the belt did work with the existing clip I changed all of it so I have the inertia belts.

14. oelboxer

oelboxer Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 4, 2018
    Full Name:
    Matt Wright
    I came across a Robbins-produced seat belt for early 1970s Mustang. Tried it in the front seat belt and it was a no-go. Then I tried it in the rear and it clicked right in! On examination it turns out my front and rear seat belts are just slightly different. There is a little more material (2-3mm) between the end of the belt's male end and the hole the securing latch springs into. Bummer. I'll keep looking, but I'm getting closer and closer to removing the back seat and replacing the whole system.

Fave - I will definitely be trying the Alfa belts first. But looking closely at photos, they look identical to 1) my rear seat belt receivers and 2) the Ford latch I just tried that worked. We'll see!

15. PDB

PDB Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2011
    Leicestershire, UK
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I’d like to replace the static belts on my ‘74 GT4 with inertia belts so I’d be really interested to know where and how you mounted the reels. They were mounted inside the rear side pockets on later cars, but I couldn’t find any suitable mounting points on my car.

Thanks,
    Paul

16. dinolove

dinolove Rookie

Apr 24, 2018
    Full Name:
    FCC

I have a 74 euro gt4 dino and I'm trying to find retractable seatbelts for it. Does anyone have any leads or pics for installation? I paid 300 for some that were supposed to fit from seatbelt planet but the retractor is so big it prevents the seat from being pushed back.

17. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    Where are the originals? Any pics you can post of what you have?

18. PDB

PDB Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2011
    Leicestershire, UK
    Full Name:
    Paul
  19. Pero

Pero Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 22, 2011
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Peter R
    I have had this as a next GT4 project for a while since left and right are Klippan but different, not really looking for a new set right now. But, in a flea market out on the countryside I found a new unused set for Testarossa, original, in the box with all numbers. Ok, not correct for GT4 but I will try to install them in spring anyway. Honeywell, not Klippan, but it has a horse on the bucket! $40... Had to buy it.
    /Peter

Image Unavailable, Please Login

absostone likes this.
  20. PDB

PDB Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2011
    Leicestershire, UK
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I think they will fit fine.

Pero likes this.
  21. Pero

Pero Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 22, 2011
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Peter R
    Hope so. A lucky shot, they had no idea what they were selling.
    /Peter