Taken Off Market - 2000 550m Red/Tan LOADED | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Taken Off Market 2000 550m Red/Tan LOADED

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by EZ2SPD, Aug 18, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. EZ2SPD

EZ2SPD Rookie

Jul 17, 2014
    San Antonio, Tx
    Full Name:
    Brian Hutchinson
    Reducing the price to $175,000.
    Make it a great day!

2. EZ2SPD

EZ2SPD Rookie

Jul 17, 2014
    San Antonio, Tx
    Full Name:
    Brian Hutchinson
    Reduced!!! Car is ready to go!

$158,500.00

PBT58 likes this.
  3. Tarek307

Tarek307 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2018
    Long Beach, CA & Alexandria,Egypt.
    Full Name:
    Tarek Salah
    problem is BAT will never go for this kind of reserve, they are realistic with their reserves

TJsBeer and Vipmn1 like this.
  4. Redrrari

Redrrari Karting

Oct 17, 2016
    Florida
    The price is getting to a closer number where I may be interested. I would like some constructive input from the forum to a couple of items I do not know. How does the non factory installed radio, exhaust system and personalized name plate impact the value of the vehicle?

5. EZ2SPD

EZ2SPD Rookie

Jul 17, 2014
    San Antonio, Tx
    Full Name:
    Brian Hutchinson
    We can install factory radio head unit, and factory exhaust but I’m also curious to know feedback from others as to how these might impact value. The name plate can be removed with out any ill effects.

6. ceb39

ceb39 Formula Junior

Sep 17, 2012
    San Francisco Area
    Full Name:
    Chuck B
    Damn, I am glad my wife does not subscribe to this Chat. If she did, her comment would be, "Kick the 360 to the curb and buy this." She loves these cars.

7. Hawkeye

Hawkeye F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2009
    @EZ2SPD can you post a start-up video with this capristo unit? it is obnoxiously loud for a 550?

8. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    It solves an issue with the OEM ones....

Very nice example...

Jakuzzi likes this.
  9. francof1

francof1 Rookie

May 30, 2011
    New York
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Ceb39, is your 360 a 3 pedal car?

10. Ferrari55whoa

Ferrari55whoa F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    With the FHP and the luggage, and the other options....I'm trying to think of why this car woudln't be the one to set the absolute top of the current 550 market?...wish it had modulars and a tool kit and a quilted leather shelf.....oh wait.....

I agree with @tres55 shouldn't this specimen KILL at BaT?

11. [gTr]

[gTr] Formula 3

Mar 11, 2008
    Hamburg, Germany
    I hope the OP lists this at BAT and we will know once and for all if the prices really are on the up and up once again for these manuals from 2000s or that all the "amazing" recent BAT sales are behind the scenes machinations for generating hype.

P.S. This is a lovely example of a 550 and I hope the OP gets top dollars for it!

12. FXRcR1

FXRcR1 Rookie

Jun 15, 2004
    I believe the reason is simply the color combo. Not that it's bad obviously, just that it's not as popular for a GT these days. I have been quasi in the market for a 550 for a while and this car and another nearly identical specimen formerly sold here were two of the nicest I've seen (by far) and yet I wasn't all in on them just because of the Rosso Corsa/Tan.

I actually heard someone pose a question to an exotic dealer a couple years ago, "what's the best color for a 550 in your opinion?" The dealer's reply, "a lovely shade of anything other than Rosso Corsa"

Just my $.02. It's a superb example and I hope it does go to BAT where it will undoubtedly ring the bell.

13. Stentboy

Stentboy Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 8, 2008
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Ron
    They tried to back me down on my reserve for my 348 but I insisted that we keep it at 100,000. And they backed down.

14. Ferrari55whoa

Ferrari55whoa F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Let's be clear, BaT can be a major PITA. They are incented to have that strong thru sales and commissions so naming a reserve on this car could be tough but....does this car have that much "lower a value" than the manual 575 that recently went RNM at over $200k?

But I agree the eyeballs on BaT are vast and there are so many people that simply have wheelbarrows of cash that might not even know what they are really buying. There continue to be many sales (not even Ferrari's) where the final bids have just been crazy/bizzare strong.

If this car hasn't sold here for $158k with "educated Ferrari guys" looking at it....maybe the seller just needs a couple of rich guys building collections on BaT to go hog wild and pay even more......

Another last thought....the buyers premium caps out I think at $5k so maybe if BaT doesn't initially want the sellers reserve then maybe the seller could negotiate a higher than $99 listing fee for a more desirable reserve?

15. artsd

artsd Formula Junior
    Owner

May 6, 2009
    Full Name:
    Art
    Not surprising that BaT didn't like the 100k reserve considering that there had only been a single 90k sale in 5 years and all the rest were under 75k.
    Good to know that they have some flexibility if you stick to your guns. You set a new bar with your sale. Congrats!

If you really want to sell a Ferrari, listing on FChat alone is definitely not the right way to do it.
    I got more responses from Rennlist (Porsche forum) and Autotrader than from FChat when I listed my 360.
    The for sale section of the FChat forum is just not a good design. It only works if there are very few cars for sale at any one time. People are terrible about marking a car as sold so very old ads can pop to the top thus pushing down cars that are still actually for sale. Every other web site site for car sales has a good search engine behind it where you can specify make, model, year, and location.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Stentboy likes this.
  16. EZ2SPD

EZ2SPD Rookie

Jul 17, 2014
    San Antonio, Tx
    Full Name:
    Brian Hutchinson
    I’ve tried uploading the video here a few times, it keeps kicking it back as to large of a file. I’ll be happy to email it if you like.. I’m looking into using YouTube to upload the videos and share via link!
    -Brian

Il Tifoso likes this.
  17. Shachar Tauber

Dec 29, 2018
    Southwest Missouri
    Full Name:
    Shachar Tauber
    Beautiful car congrats on how well it shows.
    I may have missed it but would you mind to tell me when the belt service was done? It may not be a Tour de France. Lue with tan interior but it is a gorgeous car.

18. JohnnyRay

JohnnyRay F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2014
    Central FL/NW WI
    At around $15oKish asking, this is not much premium to pay over other cars that may not be as nice, well optioned, complete or feature as low miles. A good buy. This car could still be driven and enjoyed while retaining comparatively low miles and value (if that is your thing). Not an expensive car at the end of the day. The original stereo is there and the exhaust can be changed easily. Non-issues. I don't see belt service history though - and would have to question why it needed a clutch already...but can't hurt to have it already replaced...

19. ceb39

ceb39 Formula Junior

Sep 17, 2012
    San Francisco Area
    Full Name:
    Chuck B
    It is an F1. But my wife drove dune buggies in her younger life, so a 3 pedal would not be a problem now.
    Plus she has said, if I need to I can put it in AUTO and drive it.

20. EZ2SPD

EZ2SPD Rookie

Jul 17, 2014
    San Antonio, Tx
    Full Name:
    Brian Hutchinson
  21. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    4.800 dollar in air freight charges means it is one of those rare 550 Maranellos that have been sent on a plane! I would spend some time on the sale of this car. And wait until you find the right buyer. These cars are so much more rare and nicer than say a 993 Turbo that would these days fetch about the same money. I run mine at over 200 mph. in Germany all the time and the car is a beast when going fast. It flies at 30% throttle at 160 mph. with its 48 valves and Formula 1 (1992) cast heads. And now they can sound about as good as a 599 GTO with the right exhaust (Fabio 6-1 headers).... This car should be a 250.000 dollar car.
    Erik

22. Ferrari55whoa

Ferrari55whoa F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    @EZ2SPD you really need to ask a moderator to take this thread down and go list your car on BaTrailer. That sale just now for the black 550 is completely non-sensical and if that is the BaT market then your car is a lightyear more valuable.

23. EZ2SPD

EZ2SPD Rookie

Jul 17, 2014
    San Antonio, Tx
    Full Name:
    Brian Hutchinson
    Thanks! Looking into BaT, how does their fees work? Seller pay them or buyer pay?

24. Stentboy

Stentboy Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 8, 2008
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Ron
    You pay a $99 fee upfront unless you want to upgrade the listing. And then the buyer pays 5% I believe, with a cap of $5000.