FORMULA 1 HEINEKEN GRANDE PREMIO DE PORTUGAL 2020 - PORTIMAO....RACE ▄▀▄▀ Spoilers ▀▄▀▄ | Page 9 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 HEINEKEN GRANDE PREMIO DE PORTUGAL 2020 - PORTIMAO....RACE ▄▀▄▀ Spoilers ▀▄▀▄

Discussion in 'F1' started by jgonzalesm6, Oct 25, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

But he is the self proclaimed goat because the stats say so
    MJ All the way;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jgonzalesm6 likes this.
  2. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Basketball? I don't follow that !!!

If it hasn't got a motor in it, it's not a sport !!!

Is MJ short for Michael Jackson ?

3. Cavallino Nero Rampante

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2018
    Full Name:
    ST
    Hhahahaahhahahaaha WONDERFUL!!!! :D:D:D:D

and I say that as an NBA fan...

My Vote...

1. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
    2. 'LeBald' James
    3. Michael Jackson ;)

ebobh15 likes this.
  4. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Michael Jordan

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  5. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales

One only has to look and compare Lebron James accolades and stats to MJ's accolades and stats.....it's a no brainer.

Wiki does the work for you.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  6. Natkingcolebasket69

OMG lost all credibility with that ranking ;)

7. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Some one needs to research the wet race stats for both Lewis and Shcumacher. I found this, not current. I think its from 2 years ago:

Number of rain victories (where the race was wet at any point):

19 Schumacher
    16 Hamilton
    14 Senna
    7 Button
    4 Vettel, Alonso

Number of rain victories (where full wets required):

11 Hamilton
    5 Senna
    4 M.Schumacher
    4 Button
    3 Alonso
    2 Vettel
    1 Jenson

https://www.reddit.com/r/formula1/comments/9aa73t/the_best_wet_weather_drivers_of_all_time_a_rain/

TopspeedPT, tifosi12 and william like this.
  8. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Sainz is a good choice lets hope he adapts quickly and is on pace with Charles!!

9. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    SkySports omits Vettel from the list......hmmmm. Maybe since Seb has'nt retired yet, it's possible he could accumulate more wins???

TopspeedPT likes this.
  10. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    When I first posted on here a member contacted me called Carol, she told me to watch out for a lad called Lewis Hamilton, he is one to watch, and that is before he entered F1. its just a pity she doesn't appear to post anymore, she was so right.

Congrats to Lewis simply amazing, now a all time record holder.

Remy Zero, ricksb, DF1 and 5 others like this.
  11. Natkingcolebasket69

14 in 160 beats 16 in 250+ races including his first 4 years not being in a top team. So do ur research, thank u very much.
    And I’d love to see the actual races and definition used...
    We all know u adore Lewis and that’s fine.

Jakuzzi and Bas like this.
  12. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    Well that was a randomly interesting race. No safety car has to be the biggest surprise...

Sainz delivered a fantastic first few laps. Ferrari have a great driver line up for next year.

Driver of the day went to the wrong guy. Leclerc was the man today. Completely outperformed all race long. Magnificent drive.

Albon is toast. That is all.

Stroll - clearly the worst driver on the grid by some margin. An utter embarrassment. Brings the sports reputation down every time he steps into the car. Yes, his dad owns the team and his seat (note - he doesn’t ‘own’ jack as some seem to think), but surely a dad doesn’t want to humiliate his son this badly week after week. Save him and let him do something he’s good at.

Finally, we come to Ham. Words are not enough to describe his achievement. Yes, the car is a massive part of his success, but all the great drivers end up in the greatest cars. But not many drivers can bring their A game to the sport for so many years. Perhaps that’s his greatest achievement - to find the motivation to come back year after year and win. I never thought I’d live to see Michael’s records broken. I very much doubt I’ll live long enough to see Hamilton’s records broken. Goat or no goat, he’s a phenomenal driver. Respect.

TopspeedPT, DF1, ingegnere and 4 others like this.
  13. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Thanks for that. I was too lazy to answer that post. Of course Hamilton is a king in the wet.

Kraftwerk, please post that video of boy Hamilton in the gokart.

14. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve

DF1, ktu, tifosi12 and 1 other person like this.
  15. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    In the wet

DF1, 635CSI, ktu and 2 others like this.
  16. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    In fact he didn't because Michael was robbed of a victory in spa, so he's actualy still behind...

17. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Elton is a good driver in the wet, and so is Seb, but they are both very far from the likes of Ickx, Gilles, Alesi, Senna or Michael in that department, Max is much better than both, how good, we still have to see.

stavura, Jakuzzi, Bas and 2 others like this.
  18. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Unlike elton, nobody needs to pull the "stats" card to show how good Michael was, you just had to see him race...unlike Elton....

stavura, Jakuzzi, Bas and 1 other person like this.
  19. ren0312

ren0312 Karting

Aug 5, 2006
    #219 ren0312, Oct 25, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2020
    Of all his championships only for 2002 and 2004 did Schumacher have the best car, the 1994 Benetton was arguably not even a top 3 car, and how about Schumacher's 1996 race in Spain, or 1997 in Monaco and Spa, or 1998 in Spa and SIlverstone? Or 1998 in Hungary? What will Hamilton do in a Minardi, a Prost from 1998, or an Arrows? A better comparison will be Hamilton from 2007-2013 and Schumacher from 1991-2001. I mean Bottas is a more apt comparison to someone like Patrese, Irvine, or Barichello.

Remy Zero and Bas like this.
  20. ren0312

ren0312 Karting

Aug 5, 2006
    Remember when Schumacher was routinely a minute ahead of his team mate? I remember when Hakkinen was also a minute ahead of Coulthard in some races, and Coulthard was a pretty good driver.

Bas likes this.
  21. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    And Schumacher never lost a championship to Barrichello...

Just sayin.

22. CRG125

CRG125 F1 Rookie

Feb 7, 2005
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Full Name:
    Vivek

If Michael didn't screw up 97 and 98 championship he would have 9 world titles. Probably would have 1999 if he did not have his accident and 2006 if he did not have his puncture at Brazil. MS to me is still the best.

Remy Zero, stavura, Bas and 1 other person like this.
  23. ebobh15

ebobh15 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 18, 2012
    I've discussed this a lot, especially when the Lakers won as a matter of course in the old Showtime days. As much as i hate the Celtics, the GOAT for basketball is Bill Russell.

He was only 6-10 as a center (an inch taller than Magic Johnson), successfully guarding people like Wilt Chamberlain and other 7-foot plus centers. In 13 seasons, he led the Celtics to 11 championships (eight straight at one point), was MVP five times, led his college (USF) to two NCAA championships, and led the (amateur) US Olympic Team in 1956 to a gold medal. He's one of only four players in the NBA to have all three championships. He's one of only two players to ever have 50 rebounds a game (Wilt was the other). He also seems to be the kind of guy you'd want to share a round of golf or a few beers with from the interviews I've seen.

For me, it is the way the player makes everyone around him better, in addition to the raw skills. Russell is also one of the few who fundamentally changed the game. They widened the lane in response to his defensive skills, and also created "basket interference" as a penalty. Of course, there's no way to prove any of this; like with Hamilton, different equipment, different athletes, different rules.

24. Terra

Terra F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2004
    And Lewis would've won the 2007 Championship in his rookie year had his team not screwed up his tire wear at the Chinese GP . . .

25. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    +1 I loved his Long Distance TV commercial.