308 QV Door lock assembly/disassembly - Help | FerrariChat

308 QV Door lock assembly/disassembly - Help

Discussion in '308/328' started by Nuno Andrade, Oct 25, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Nuno Andrade

Nuno Andrade Karting

Aug 24, 2019
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Nuno Andrade
    Fchaters

The exterior door handle of my 308 83 QV became loose. I removed the panel to find out that the head of the bolt that holds the cable has broken (bolt #46) Image Unavailable, Please Login . I found a replacement bolt but now I need help on putting it in place. There is no room and therefore I’m afraid I will have to remove the mechanism from the door to install the new bolt and cable.
    Are there any detailed instructions on how to remove and install the all mechanism from the door ?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

2. thorn

thorn F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2012
    Tallahassee, FL
    I have not replaced that part in particular. But if it's like every other door lock or actuator I've ever replaced, it's matter of the correct tool, small hands, contortions, and a few moments of adult language.

3. Nuno Andrade

Nuno Andrade Karting

Aug 24, 2019
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Nuno Andrade
    Thorn, unfortunately to put that bolt there is not room...with big hand or small hands . The only way is for me to remove the entire mechanism and without some clue or instructions I’m not that confident. Let’s see if someone comes up with some write ups on how should the mechanism be removed

thorn likes this.
  4. QV308

QV308 Karting

Jan 1, 2006
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Ross
    Nuno, not sure if you have replaced the bolt yet, but I took a photo some years back on my car that may assist you a little.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

I think (as thorn mentioned) that with some patience / perserverance you can replace the bolt without removing the entire mechanism assembly.

5. Nuno Andrade

Nuno Andrade Karting

Aug 24, 2019
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Nuno Andrade
    Thanks for the insight. I did replaced the cable and the bolt. There is no other way to replace the bolt without sliding the mechanism out of the door. Was tedious but it’s done. Thanks

QV308 likes this.