FORMULA 1 HEINEKEN GRANDE PREMIO DE PORTUGAL 2020 - PORTIMAO....RACE ▄▀▄▀ Spoilers ▀▄▀▄ | Page 10 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 HEINEKEN GRANDE PREMIO DE PORTUGAL 2020 - PORTIMAO....RACE ▄▀▄▀ Spoilers ▀▄▀▄

Discussion in 'F1' started by jgonzalesm6, Oct 25, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    How many times did Michael ‘win’ because of team orders? I bet you have no idea. Deluded.

TopspeedPT and william like this.
  2. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Geez, I wish that was true. For years I had to read here the stats about MS all the time. His fans never got tired of raising the stats card. All the time.

The best part about Hamilton breaking those records is that I no longer have to see that MS reference all the time. I suppose now it will be the Hamilton reference all the time. Argh. Like anybody wouldn't know these things already.

3. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
    Interesting. How many of those decision cam from Michael himself or from team management?

4. Dino2010

Dino2010 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2006
    Belgium
    Louise may break Schumacher's records anytime, I couldn't care less.
    Fact is, most of us like to see him beaten, and if possible leave F1.
    For the future, let's hope Domenicali gets rid of the FIA morons, hybrid engines, Halo, DRS & other fakes and frauds.
    Bring back nerve wrecking and ear deafening, dangerous racing. This could be a chance F1 could turn into an exciting sport again, as it used to be, once upon a time. No place for whiners.

5. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
    Send your comment to the major engine manufactures. They are the ones who (more or less) control the money so therefore the formula.

6. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Hamilton won in that era too

7. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa FL
    After around 20 laps....or so...I started losing interest, surfing F Chat, Rennlist, Instagram, Facebook, giving my dog treats.... what a boring race.

8. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I can't bear listen to that utter moron much longer. His need to SHOUT about every non-exciting thing is seriously annoying.

9. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    +1 the first and last laps are the worst.

Bas likes this.
  10. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Exactly. And that proves (again) it's the car...Bottas is 2nd in the championship despite being utterly useless in the race. Max and Leclerc far superior drivers. Max is in no-mans land, miles clear of his teammate and the rest, but a slow, unreliable car means he can't do anything of substance. Next year the same as teams can't upgrade.

stavura, fil, Picchu88 and 2 others like this.
  11. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Well, that's true, isn't it?

Picchu88 likes this.
  12. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Not really. People are just bored and frustrated with F1.

13. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    For years we had to put up with your insane hatred for Schumacher.

Doubt that will stop now with Mick coming in....you already take extra time to detract him whenever you can by googling the race results...

14. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I've said it many times before:

When Schumacher (and Vettel for that matter), the FIA was doing everything in their power to stop them winning. With Mercedes/Hamilton, FIA is doing everything in their power to have it continue.

Schumacher had 2 definite dominant cars (2002 and 2004). The mercedes over the last 7 years has been as dominant the 2004 was year in year out. And they have 20-25% more races now and more reliability. Frankly it's a shock it's taken this long to beat Schumacher records, but that just shows how good Schumacher was. Still the GOAT.

stavura, Picchu88, Jakuzzi and 4 others like this.
  15. sammysaber

sammysaber Formula Junior

Dec 21, 2011
    Of course stats are important - but I remember years ago when I was championing Schuey and you mentioned Bellof - hadn't even noticed him but certainly learnt something when looking him up.

Think we use stats to score points - at the end of the day, that's the only way to quantify drivers even though we all know that stats are not the be all and end all.

Case in point, thousands of fans probably believe that Prost, Senna, or Gilles were the best drivers up to now despite their lower number of poles, wins, or championships.

The Elton fanboys here were saying that Hamilton is the best a few seasons ago well before today's record - his fans didn't decide to jump on the Elton bandwagon and wave their flags just today because he broke a record. Hamilton would have still been their GOAT even if he hadn't won today.

Best,
    Sammy

stavura likes this.
  16. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    For me, in motor racing my vote goes to Michael, in netball I'm not so sure...;)

sammysaber and Bas like this.
  17. 05011994

05011994 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 1, 2004
    Golden, Colorado
    Sad to see the same old “haters” taking glee that MS had his record beaten by the most dominant team in F1 history. Different times different skills, but the MS haters have to gloat, sad.. They are both great, but some just cannot let it go.

18. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

I never denied Schumacher's success, but I also never got over the dirty tactics he employed at time. The same goes for Senna.
    I don't think some of their moves would go unpunished today. But this was a different era.
    Coming back to Schumacher, he is the only driver in F1 history to have been disqualified from the championship.
    To me that says it all. So sorry, but I am not one of his fans.

tifosi12 likes this.
  19. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Again I’m no fan but he didn’t have the best car. The Williams and the Mercedes were superior those years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. Natkingcolebasket69

I just read this stat: out of 91 wins Schumacher had 48 times the fastest lap, Hamilton 30 out of 92.

21. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Was tire management as significant then? I thought you could drive flat out more often during Schumi's time

ricksb likes this.
  22. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    #247 Mark(study), Oct 25, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2020
    Yet Lewis has 97 poles to MS at 68.

Funny how fast lap during race now being worth 1 point has changed that strategy with teams that can’t win the race pitting to put on a set of softs with a few laps to go and light fuel load to pick up the fast lap.

So MS has faster lap in the race 18 times more than Lewis, vs Lewis having pole 29 times more than MS with 40 fewer starts.

23. Natkingcolebasket69

Yeah and senna has 65 in 162 I.e 40%
    Vs 97 out of 262 I.e 37%

375+ likes this.
  24. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    I agree, thanks for being honest. The level that Hamilton is performing at now, there really is no competition

25. simpen

simpen Formula Junior

Jun 14, 2016
    Quite a boring race again, the inevitable finally happened with Lewis breaking the record. Records were made to be broken and are a sign of the times moving on, rather than exceptional talents which somehow have to be compared to each other.

I respect both drivers equally (yes, that's possible), but I have to chuckle everytime the "less dominant team"-card is played in favor of Schumacher. Total amnesia about MS last 58 races? We can find a million excuses to separate that part of his career to the 100% statistically certified GOAT Forza Ferrari part, but I don't.

ktu likes this.