430 - Pics of F430 in 20’ Enclosed Trailer | FerrariChat

430 Pics of F430 in 20’ Enclosed Trailer

Discussion in '360/430' started by VAF84, Oct 26, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

Not long ago I posted about trying to find a trailer to transport my F430. The search is over and the maiden voyage is tomorrow.

Due to a shortage of info on the internet for our cars, I thought some pics would be helpful for others to get a better idea of size and fit. I’m really glad I opted for 20’ vs 24’.

Trailer: 20’ Haulmark Transport w/ 48” wide RV door, RV style roof vent, and LED lighting.
    Extras: four 4’ e-trac (I may need to adjust the ones on the back of the trailer) and associates bolts, plates, straps.

Thoughts: tight on the sides as expected (exit by window), but plenty of space for me inside the trailer since I don’t plan to track frequently. Had enough space for suitcases, maybe a a full size bike or two to be stored with the car if you take it with you on vacation.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

E60 M5, MackF1Spider and armedferret like this.
  2. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    What is the total weight of the trailer with the loaded car?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

3. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

I’ll see if I can find a scale on my way, but trailer should be about 3,500lbs, and same for the F430 for a roughly 7,000lb total weight. My trailer has 5.2k lb axles so max weight is 10k.

4. Flyingbrick242

Flyingbrick242 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 26, 2017
    Northern AZ.
    Thanks for sharing this perspective...it is crystal clear now what it looks and feels like to have a 20" trailer to haul a F430.
    I see you backed up into the trailer my first concern is the stress on the clutch to maneuver up and in place would you consider a winch down the road for overall easement.? I've seen a company that sells the winch kits flush with the floor..pop up when needed.
    Lets us know how it handles the 430 on the road..
    Thanks, Again.

VAF84 likes this.
  5. ScudMarks

ScudMarks Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2018
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Matthew Mauer
    I also always drive forward up on to trailers/flatbeds. Lots of little movement and slow going.

install a mirror on the back wall so you can watch your left tire compared to the wheel well and gets really easy.

VAF84 likes this.
  6. Freddan

Freddan Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 16, 2012
    Vansbro (Sweden)
    Full Name:
    Fredrik
    janmante, VAF84, BOKE and 4 others like this.
  7. Freddan

Freddan Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 16, 2012
    Vansbro (Sweden)
    Full Name:
    Fredrik
    How do you get in and out the car with that trailer? Looks like axcess is very difficult and looks huge where it don't need to be?

Drove a friend of mine's Cali to annual service and took some photos while unloading. I can easy get in and out thru the door. With the cover closed, its ca 160cm height so normal cars don't work. also wireless electric tilt, winsch and ledlights inside.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. armedferret

armedferret Formula 3

Mar 24, 2018
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Do you know if Raceliner can be purchased in the US?

VAF84 likes this.
  9. Freddan

Freddan Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 16, 2012
    Vansbro (Sweden)
    Full Name:
    Fredrik
    Not sure but i can check for you and let you know. I have contacts who import/export cars to US as well so it might be do-able.

armedferret and VAF84 like this.
  10. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

I considered the clutch stress, but maneuvered it in as I would a manual with a lot of e-brake manipulation. The idea of backing it in, was to have the help of he sideview mirrors when backing up. I honestly don't know which would be the best way, I'm certainly open to others experiences/ thoughts.

I considered the winch, and may add one. It would certainly make things easier. However, before investing more money into the trailer, I want to make sure I use it enough to justify the expense. That said, in my attempt to save money on e-track, I learned the hard way of the benefit of having etrack all the way down the trailer. Much better for tightening the wheel straps.

Trailer worked well, the car was intact even on the terrible roads exiting Texas and entering Louisiana. With the F250, you barely notice the weight. There was some light trailer sway, but that would happen regardless of what you carry. In general no complaints.

Hadn't considered the mirror on the back wall, great idea!

Unfortunately, because this is not a dedicated car transport trailer; you are correct that entry/exit was not made easy. Entry/Egress is carefully out of the window. I think installing the winch would alleviate that concern. Luckily my body type allows me to do it without too much trouble. We'll have to see again after the holidays though :D. I'd love to have a trailer like the one in your pics, it would be perfect. However, I use the trailer for a variety of purposes, and a trailer like that would not work for all of the things I use for.

Freddan and armedferret like this.
  11. Freddan

Freddan Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 16, 2012
    Vansbro (Sweden)
    Full Name:
    Fredrik
    No mean to hijack this thread for VAF84, hope you don´t mind writing. Think it´s very interesting how different how we have differnt solutions on this. I had this black one while ago also, Same model as the white but smaller. 520cm long and 210cm wide. New V12 ferraris do not fit but a great trailer otherwise for F430 and smaller cars. The extra 37cm wide is very welcome.

I drive a lot with my trailer for me and my friends so needs to be easy and save.

important for me:
    - easy to load /unload the car (sooo easy to damage /hit something when doing this!)
    - easy axcess all around
    - easy axcess to straps on and off (looks not that easy on the coverd trailer above, specially with a lowerd one)
    - no "unnecessary" space. just takes up wind, increase fuel -consumption etc..
    - wireless electric winsch - i always winsch cars up - there´s nothing that´s eating clutch as much as driving slow up on a trailer... takes a few seconds more to winsch - much safer and easyer to get the car in perfect centered position.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Keith Ngulube, VAF84 and armedferret like this.
  12. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

No worries, the more info we can share, the better!

Freddan and armedferret like this.