Workshop Manual for a 360 spider | FerrariChat

Workshop Manual for a 360 spider

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Gator Tech Owen, Oct 23, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gator Tech Owen

Oct 23, 2020
    Full Name:
    owen nevins
    does anyone have a link or can send me a full workshop manual for a 2003 360?

I am a Lotus Tech and I have a client that would like me to do some work for him. Can anyone help? or is there a trustworthy place to purchase one?

Thanks!

2. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    what is your email?

3. Gator Tech Owen

Oct 23, 2020
    Full Name:
    owen nevins
  4. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    Mechanical issues or electrical?

You may find quite a few differences between Lotus and Ferrari workshop manuals. I had a set for an Esprit ('89), it was easy to follow and had some good wiring diagrams. The pdf version of the F360 available to the general public only has wiring hookup diagrams (good for finding connectors and tracing single wires, but horrible for tracing complex circuits). The symbology in the diagrams takes some getting used to.

5. Gator Tech Owen

Oct 23, 2020
    Full Name:
    owen nevins
    We are just doing some maintenance. I wanted to look over the Timing Belt replacement guide. I'm not sure if I am going to recommend him to go to a dealer, the nearest one is 3 hours away.

But if I can do a v8 esprit Cam belts I should be able to take care of this one.

6. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    Owen, I don't doubt your ability. But, a 360 is a bit different from a Lotus Esprit. At the very least, you need some special tools. And if it's an F1, you might need special software. Good luck.

7. Gator Tech Owen

Oct 23, 2020
    Full Name:
    owen nevins
    it is in fact an F1. If this is better done at a dealer that is ok with me. I want the car to be well cared for, which is why I'm finding the factory service information.

What software would I need for the F1?

8. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    You need to at least have a Launch X431 (mini Pro). Where are you located?

9. Aeron Fout

Aeron Fout Karting

Nov 21, 2019
    Cocoa Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    flyadf
    You don’t need any software to do a belt change. I just did all the belts on my ‘01 360 F1 after watching a few YouTube videos. I previously had a good amount of auto maintenance experience, but no Ferrari experience. It was a relatively easy job in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

10. Aeron Fout

Aeron Fout Karting

Nov 21, 2019
    Cocoa Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    flyadf
    I did purchase the Hill Engineering cam tensioner tool and their flywheel locking tool. It would have been a much harder job without those.

11. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    #11 yelcab, Oct 26, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2020
    You could not flush an F1 system without the software tool and that is part of a maintenance regime. You can choose not to do it.

And my guess is you were not able to read the exhaust cam timing in relation to the crank shaft to double check if it is still in spec after the belt change. Only a software tool can do that, unless you actually set up the timing with a degree wheel and indicator.

12. Aeron Fout

Aeron Fout Karting

Nov 21, 2019
    Cocoa Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    flyadf
    I flushed and bled the F1 system without any software. Brand new fluid, upgraded pump, and upgraded relay.

The timing was checked manually.

13. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    By visually inspecting the scratch marks at the back of the cam shafts? And ensuring that the cyl 1 is TDC with a tool somehow?

14. Aeron Fout

Aeron Fout Karting

Nov 21, 2019
    Cocoa Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    flyadf
    Yes, I found TDC through the cyl 1 spark plug hole and checked the rear markings.

rs812 likes this.