Need 2014 California infotainment manual | FerrariChat

Need 2014 California infotainment manual

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by walman, Oct 30, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. walman

walman Rookie

Sep 22, 2020
    Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Full Name:
    Wal Smith
    #1 walman, Oct 30, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2020
    Image Unavailable, Please Login So I got my Cali 30 a few days ago and I am thrilled to be a newbie Ferrari owner. Unfortunately, I was short changed on the books. Bought the car from a dealer back East and had it shipped out West.
    Looks like the seller didn't know the books were incomplete. I just have the owners manual.
    Need the infotainment manual. Anyone know if this is available as a PDF, or how I can go about getting a hard copy?

I've been fidgeting with it all week, and I finally figured out how to connect my phone via bluetooth for tunes and calls. But I see there is also a USB connection and a built in HDD, etc etc

Also wondering if the 2014 model had a better sound system than previous models? I read many complaints about the sound system, and I was worried. But I'm happy with the way it sounds. Its the original infotainment system and its comparable to the Bose on my Porsche.

Cheers!

2. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    #2 greyboxer, Oct 30, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2020
    Welcome & enjoy

Now I'm pretty sure this is a mythical manual - the full manual was never published just a reference guide - there is much advice here (try a search on just infotainment in this section) on how to make the system work - if I'm not mistaken the 458 had the same system and there's an extensive dedicated thread in that section

Its been a while since this has come up so apologies in advance if I've misremembered

russellmcg likes this.
  3. cyr

cyr Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2020
    Full Name:
    Cy
    Greyboxer is right: this is a mythical manual, a bit like looking for a unicorn.:p I was equally frustrated with having no infotainment manual for my Portofino and finally sat in the car, put it on and pushed all the buttons to see what happens. No I was not ejected!:D. Be sure to have the car running otherwise you will be looking for a new battery very quickly :rolleyes:

russellmcg likes this.
  4. vjd3

vjd3 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2005
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Vic
    I have the manual leftover from my 2013 Cali ... it's called a reference guide. I'll trade it for something interesting ;)

As far as I know, the 2014 system is the same, but it's possible you have the upgraded hifi system, assuming that was an option.

5. alex

alex Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2003
    Crystal Lake, Illinois
    Full Name:
    Alex
    What a beautiful color combo! Enjoy the car! We have the reference manual, but it is not very helpful. On a similar note, does anyone know how to turn down the incoming call announcement? My wife practically jumps out of the car each time "the voice" blares "you have an incoming call"!

6. walman

walman Rookie

Sep 22, 2020
    Full Name:
    Wal Smith
    Once again, thanks to everyone for getting back to me on this. You really are a helpful bunch...

So in the meantime, I started to hunt around on the internet to see if I could find this Manual. Turns out it does exist, but in PDF format. I found a random website somewhere that has the entire 200-page manual available for download. But of course you have to sign up and pay a fee and so forth. I'm not too keen on giving out my credit information to some random website. But I am able to view the entire manual online. There is a preview pane mode and you can see every single page and even jump to a specific section. So that's what I've started to do.

The main thing I wanted to do was figure out how to connect my phone via Bluetooth for music. And I've got that set up. Although I find myself turning the music down pretty much all the time so I can take in that unbelievable exhaust note. Talk about music to my ears...:)

I'll have to look up that link and post it here for those of you interested in checking it out.

tomc likes this.
  7. robmike

robmike Rookie

Mar 22, 2011
    Can you share how you got music to play over Bluetooth? I have a 2011 California and didn’t think it was possible.

8. walman

walman Rookie

Sep 22, 2020
    Full Name:
    Wal Smith
    #8 walman, Nov 6, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2020
    Okay, keep in mind I'm a bit of a newbie and I have only had my California since mid October 2020
    I could be wrong, but I think the 2014 California 30 might have a slightly updated infotainment unit. That's one of the reasons I was asking about the sound quality. I didn't think it was horrific as so many others have commented. But then again maybe I don't hear that great and maybe I don't know what really a amazing sound system should sound like.

Without the infotainment user manual, I was able to connect via Bluetooth for calls using the pairing feature. Now after I was paired, I went scrolling through the screen and found "connected devices". One of those was named Samsung Note 10. Which is the name I gave my paired phone. When I clicked on it, all of a sudden, I was paired for calls and audio. So I just stumbled across it after one week of fidgeting.
    And here's something else I found. Each time I get in the car, I automatically pair and connect for Bluetooth calls. But in order to connect for calls and audio, I have to scroll to that screen and click on the Note 10. Weird huh?

I'll be in the car over the weekend, and I'll be sure to take a couple of snapshots of the infotainment screen to show you what I see.

Here is a link to download the Ferrari owners manual in PDF format. You can also view the manual in your browser
    https://www.manualslib.com/manual/823422/Ferrari-California.html

I've also successfully located a website where you can download the 183 page Ferrari infotainment manual in PDF format, or view in browser. It's the manual for infotainment model 6111. But it doesn't State what model year it is for.
    https://www.manualslib.com/manual/628599/Ferrari-Infotainment-6111.html#manual

And lastly, here is a link with a simple quick connect guide for infotainment system use. This model number is for the Chrysler product that is used in the California
    It's the 730
    http://www-5.chrysler.com/en/owners/quality/rer/index.html

On an unrelated note, earlier today I drove my car at night for the first time. And I noticed the numbers on my tach are not illuminated. Is that normal? See my photo

Attached Files:

9. alex

alex Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2003
    Crystal Lake, Illinois
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Thanks for the info, Walman, and welcome to the Cali Club!

10. vjd3

vjd3 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2005
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Vic
    That's not normal for the tach, someone else on here had a similar issue recently, look for the post ...

11. walman

walman Rookie

Sep 22, 2020
    Full Name:
    Wal Smith
    Hey vjd3...thanks for the info re my tach. I'll look this up and see whats been discussed. I'm not to worried as this car is just for sunny days. Bought the car online back east and had it shipped to the west coast. But even in person I doubt I would have ever caught this fault.
    Got a great price so I won't complain to the dealer.

Hey alex...ya I'm very happy to be in the cali club now. The dream is now reality:)