HELP the stickies are on me again. | FerrariChat

HELP the stickies are on me again.

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by lkilbrith, Oct 28, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. lkilbrith

lkilbrith Rookie

Jan 9, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Full Name:
    Lee Kilbrith
    any one have a cost effective answer to the seemingly unfixable factory rubber sticky issue ?
    This time its a 2015 Cali T ! Last one was a 2003 575M. I really thought a dozen or so years would be enough time to correct something other companies dont even worry about ?????

Texas Forever likes this.
  2. docf

docf Formula 3

Sep 14, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Gary
    It's worse than that as it's been going on since the 355! This is really pathetic that Ferrari would think so low of it's clientele to do so year after year.

3. papou

papou Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2012
    plantation Fla
    Full Name:
    daniel ross
    It’s an issue with most hi end car’s excluding Lexus..

4. lotusstv

lotusstv Rookie

Jun 9, 2019
    Parkland FL
    Full Name:
    Steve Stenglein
    I have a 15 Cali T and cleaned various buttons with goo gone and terry cloth towel.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

5. docf

docf Formula 3

Sep 14, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Not so, Porsche not only paid to have it corrected but no longer uses it. High end Audi's no longer use it. Lexus did use it in the past ,but have corrected the problem. Maserati made by of Course Ferrari still uses it. So what makes this defective product synonymous with high end & do it yr. after yr. This is my 6th Ferrari & it is inexcusable for a $300,000 + vehicle to be plagued with such disconcerting product year after yr.

6. papou

papou Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2012
    plantation Fla
    Full Name:
    daniel ross
    Agree 100% it’s inexcusable we still have this issues, The pics I posted are my 2016 ff , my fix was to have a salvaged part painted color code
    to match my exterior, and send the sticky part to be restored to original code.

7. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    It was apparent on the 1989 348ts that I used to have (in 2005 or so). Crazy that they still have this product / problem.

Texas Forever and Husker like this.
  8. Potenza430

Potenza430 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 26, 2012
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Has anyone had it surface on an F12?

9. papou

papou Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2012
    plantation Fla
    Full Name:
    daniel ross
    Yes both my friends F12 have had issues,

10. docf

docf Formula 3

Sep 14, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Gary
    I bought Ferrari's Candy! The baloney that stickies was caused by commercial cleaners and that a product called Hydrocleaner ( silicone remover)would solve the issue. So a 1000ml bottle for $100.00 purchased via Ferrrari did Absolutely Nothing except sell you another bogus ploy! The fact is the stickies are caused by a long known defective product that will degrade with time & cause you the consumer a large amount of grief, financial outlay,& the inability to your Ferrari for a varied period of time.

11. vjd3

vjd3 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2005
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Vic
    I think it's also related to environment and probably body chemistry. I've put 25k miles on two Californias and have had no issues whatsoever, but my 2015 spent some time in the shop during the spring and emerged with the reverse button sticky -- the only thing that the mechanic was likely to have touched when he backed the car out. I cleaned it off with some alcohol and no other issues since.

I am also a high end guitar dealer, and have encountered some customers with such corrosive body chemistry that they can literally trash a new set of strings after playing for 20 minutes. Corroded, sticky, just nasty. I can play indefinitely on a set of strings with no discernible corrosion or wear, I change them every 5-6 gigs.

StickyRX is another option to have it done professionally.

12. lotusstv

lotusstv Rookie

Jun 9, 2019
    Parkland FL
    Full Name:
    Steve Stenglein
  13. Husker

Husker F1 World Champ

Dec 31, 2003
    western hemisphere
    actually all the way back to the 348!

docf likes this.
  14. vandevanterSH

vandevanterSH Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2005
    AR
    Full Name:
    Stephen Van Devanter
    FWIW, four+ years ago I had stickies in my 2002 575M. At that time, removing all of the stickie interior components and sending off for refinish seemed to be the solution. I wasn't willing to invest time and money to do that, so I took a chance and spent a day with ArmorAll and micro-fiber cloths and cleaned all stickie surfaces. Hasn't been a problem since.

15. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Park the car in the sun..then touch the switches.. It has nothing to do with body chemistry. Its just plain crappy. Nothing more.

jjtjr, JoeTSI, docf and 2 others like this.
  16. ginoBBi512

ginoBBi512 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2016
    SO CAL
    Full Name:
    GINO RUGGIERO
    Its quite a shame that these issues have not been corrected since 95 when the 355 was produced. I was talking to Mike at Ferrari service a while back, and he was explaining to me about the process that Ferrari is using to glue these interior switches and such, I cant remember exactly how, but I do remember how expensive it is to repair. One would think that Ferraris would be built with the same quality as Japans manufactures , but thats far from the truth, starting with the 355 up to present.

If and when I have the money, I would like a 488 , I will have to budget in the stickies issues. I know , that manual gearboxes are out, I love the 488 so much, that I think I can live with paddles.

Thank you

PS I hope you get your car sorted with regards to this issue.

docf likes this.