Don't spec Rosso Corsa, and here is why... | FerrariChat

Don't spec Rosso Corsa, and here is why...

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Enzo Belair, Oct 30, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Enzo Belair

Enzo Belair Formula 3

Jul 27, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Actually, if you love the color you should spec what makes you happy 100%. But I do not believe most Ferrari buyers know all the colors that Ferrari offers as factory colors, here is a video to inspire you.

2. RoadRonin

RoadRonin Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2020
    San Francisco
    I'm actually going through this challenge right now. I have a Nero Daytona 458 but have always wanted a red Ferrari. I'm ordering an F8 Spider and plan to keep both cars. I actually backed out of my allocation for the F8 because I was having trouble choosing a color and didn't want to be rushed into a decision I might regret later. I had previously specced Rosso Corsa but then changed to Rosso Corsa Metalizzato because I wanted metallic red (to help accentuate the more complex lines of the F8) but wasn't quite prepared to pay for a triple or 4 layer paint. I have since started to think about the 3 and 4 layer reds (like Coburn, Fuoco, Magma etc)

Where are you seeing all of those color options? Is this through the Tailor Made program? I'm not seeing all those paint options at my local dealer.

3. Enzo Belair

Enzo Belair Formula 3

Jul 27, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Scott
    This is the Tailor Made showroom in Manhattan, but all of these colors are available outside of Tailor Made. There are soooo many red options.

4. RayJohns

RayJohns F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2006
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    Ray
    That's a cool video, thanks!

You can drive yourself crazy trying to select colors. Myself, I usually just like either a silver or dark metallic color and call it a day :)

Ray

Cgk360 likes this.
  5. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

? Rosso Corsa Metalizatto is a small premium. Its lower than a triple layer. Thing is its still RC but it pops at all angles. Great colour and i have it as i still wanted the RC shade,

LARRYH and RoadRonin like this.
  6. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    Dang it I have to return my F8. Stupid Rosso Corsa! :eek:

greg328, Boomhauer, xBox and 2 others like this.
  7. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Same, too late for me..maybe next time;)

greg328, Boomhauer, xBox and 2 others like this.
  8. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    As far as red goes you can't beat RC on a mid mount Ferrari plus it's for free. Ferrari doesn't choose it as it's own marketing color because it looks the worst out of what they offer.

LARRYH and GT2goneF like this.
  9. VelocityTexas

VelocityTexas Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 21, 2019
    North Texas
    Full Name:
    Bryan
    That's like trying to decide what you want to eat while looking through a T.G.I. Friday's menu. Too many choices makes it nearly impossible to make a decision that you wont regret 10 minutes later.

GT2goneF likes this.
  10. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    #10 Il Co-Pilota, Oct 30, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2020
    I think the triple layer that is most like Rosso Corsa is Rosso TRS. Best of both worlds. Not the orange of Rosso F1. It is not flat like RC. It has all the advantages of the triple layers with depth and lushness, in a "Ferrari Red" colour.

Just ask your dealer for sample. Rosso Magma is a Maserati colour, that they should have a sample of. These have nothing to do with TM, just ask your dealer for what else is available. It's an extra cost option, but nothing special like TM.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

RoadRonin likes this.
  11. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith
    And 3 hours later!

SV

GT2goneF likes this.
  12. RoadRonin

RoadRonin Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2020
    San Francisco
    Hello Mandalay,

It was actually your post titled ROSSO CORSA METALLIC from Jan 2017 that inspired me to choose RC Metallizatto. The thread was a very informative read and your rationale for choosing this version of RC seemed very solid to me. I too was a little concerned that standard RC would not accentuate the lines of the F8 and could look dull in some angles/lighting etc. My metallic black 458 also taught me that I really wanted a metallic. My post was in no way a slight against your color choice. I only backed out of my allocation because I hadn't actually seen the color so I've asked my dealer for a few samples (Rosso TRS, Rosso Coburn, Rosso Corsa Metallizatto etc) so I can more sure in my decision.

I may still end up with RCM as the 12K charge is MUCH more palatable than the charges in the high 20s and low 30s for the triple and 4 layer paints. I am currently leaning towards Rosso TRS (4 Layer I believe but I could be wrong ... ).

Thanks

MANDALAY likes this.
  13. RoadRonin

RoadRonin Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2020
    San Francisco
    Thank you. Although I didn't list it in my initial post, Rosso TRS is the color I'm leaning towards. I've asked my dealer to provide a sample (among a few others including Rosso Magma, Rosso Coburn, Rosso Corsa Metallizzato etc) so I can be sure.

14. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    Anyone have pics of Rosso TRS?

15. timjen88

timjen88 Karting

Aug 20, 2015
    Colorado/Palm Springs
    Had a Rosso F430, sold it, bought a Nero FF, trying to sell the FF to buy another Rosso :D

rob5819 likes this.
  16. RoadRonin

RoadRonin Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2020
    San Francisco
  17. veilstylez

veilstylez Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2005
    SoCal
    I know that Rosso is "resale red" but its a beautiful color. I started from Giogio alloy, RCorsa, to Argento Nur, and want another RC. Red Ferraris are beautiful .

18. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    It had to be the Altieri Boutique... Of course!

19. xBox

xBox Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2018
    The Emerald Isle
    Rosso Corsa Metalizatto is a fine choice. Slightly darker than RC and just about metallic, but at £10k, it was too close to the triples ..... and the conundrum of Fuoco, Magma, Coburn, F1 ..... etc :eek:

One Ctrl-Alt-Del later the decision was made:p

20. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    I always thought of RScuderia as orange and kept buying Corsa cars. My CS came in Scuderia and now parked side by side I think Corsa is so flat and a bit boring. FWIW.

Autolove, jomarti1 and Texas Forever like this.
  21. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    #21 Lagunae92, Oct 31, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2020
    Had a Corsa 458, but with a matte black roof. It’s classic in a sense, but next to the triple layer reds I have now, there’s no going back for me. Once the sun hits just right as you pull out of the dealership, all those thoughts of spending $30k on a paint job go away. If I can add a Magma, I’ll have my trifecta! Fuoco, maranello, magma!

22. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    I will get you some soon;)

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

23. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
  24. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Had anyone spec'd one with "no paint" and leave it aluminum with clear like the TM F12 TDF in Scottsdale? The bumpers had to be pained to match bare aluminum, but would be interesting to see if others have been able to do the same. It looks great.

25. Broadoaker

Broadoaker Rookie

Aug 11, 2020
    SW England or SW France
    Full Name:
    Christopher Eden
    That amount of choice just isn't helpful and on the subject of red Ferraris, I'll take rosso corsa all day long.

buddyg and timjen88 like this.