FORMULA 1 EMIRATES GRAN PREMIO DELL'EMILIA ROMAGNA 2020: RACE ▄▀▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄▀▄ | Page 7 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 EMIRATES GRAN PREMIO DELL'EMILIA ROMAGNA 2020: RACE ▄▀▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄▀▄

Discussion in 'F1' started by SPEEDCORE, Oct 31, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Yeah

Lewis still would have come out ahead of Bottas....with or without the VSC.

2. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    I missed the first half of the race but congratulations to Mercedes and Lewis!

3. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Isn't that entire thing stuck in Porridge car a large part why bottas was so slow? I remember a year or so ago and Mercedes had a tiny bit missing from Lewis floor and they claimed it cost him half a second a lap or something ridiculous. A large part like this in comparison is like dragging a parachute behind the car then.

And VSC.

He wouldn't have won.

Oh well. Another insignificant race. Glad I turned off early.

crinoid and Sharknose like this.
  4. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Congrats to Mercedes and Hamilton.
    Nothing else to say.

5. Schultz

Schultz Karting

Mar 9, 2014
    Midwest
    Mclaren really lucked out by that safety car and being the only midfield team to finish both cars. Double points finishes will be crucial for all the mid field teams going forward.

6. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    As crap...sorry man, I’m not drinking from MY shoe, let alone someone else’s :eek:

Nembo1777 likes this.
  7. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    Do they wear new shoes every race?

8. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Another excellent race from Hamilton, once more proving he is a master of tyre management.
    Mercedes didn't put a foot wrong at this GP, gathering maximum points whilst their opposition collapsed.
    Ricciardo proves that he could be a top contender in future at McLaren with Mercedes power.
    The Renault revival never ceases to surprise me. Ocon though ...
    Disastrous race for Red Bull: Albon completely messed up and Verstappen victim of tyre failure.
    Was the tyre strategy wrong at RB or did Max picked up some debris?
    McLaren and Racing Point are going backwards at this end of season.

Cavallino Nero Rampante and ktu like this.
  9. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    He got squeezed at Mugello also, right? That was the 10 sec penalty for practice starts?

10. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
  11. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Well done Mercedes team. A true winning organization. No equal currently.

--Kyvat is the Driver of the Day. Tough and fair driving to P4
    --Bottas did well with such damage
    --LH has the luck but the skill to take advantage and make few major mistakes

Honda need more power and reliability to compete. Aero from RedBull will never be enough to win and gain both titles.

Ferrari are slowly moving forward. Vettel needs to be parked after he pays back all his salary. They should put another driver in and simply end the relationship. Vettel needs to moved out before Turkey. Its over. End it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Racing Point need 1 new driver. They are being very foolish by releasing Perez. They have not mastered strategy and tactics. They are under-performing when they should be a dominant P3.

Renault are showing how to compete to Racing Point. For me Renault with Ricci are the team of the year. Well done!!!!!!!!!

12. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    And the starting time was moved up two hours, why?

****ing ********.

BHW

13. Cavallino Nero Rampante

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2018
    Full Name:
    ST
    Maybe, No equal EVER!!!

william likes this.
  14. DF1

Bottas damage was from Vettel car piece - https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/153227/bottas-no-time-to-avoid-debris-that-wrecked-imola-gp

Valtteri Bottas said he had no chance to avoid the debris that got lodged under his Mercedes at the Emilia Romagna Grand Prix and wrecked his Formula 1 victory hopes.

The Finn had qualified on pole for F1's first visit to Imola since 2006 and kept the lead at the start, appearing comfortable out front early on from Red Bull's Max Verstappen.

However, on the second lap at the Tosa hairpin, he struck a broken endplate piece from Sebastian Vettel's Ferrari, which had come off when the German collided with Kevin Magnussen on the first lap.

Bottas explained afterwards that he had aimed to run over the debris straight on, and so avoid the risk of a puncture, but the carbon shard got lodged under the Finn's car and caused damage to his floor and cost him aerodynamic performance that helped a long-run Lewis Hamilton to overcut him after his switch to hard tyres.

"The start was good, and that was one of the main things to get right today," said Bottas.

"On lap two, suddenly out of turn seven, there was debris. I didn't have time to avoid it. I aimed in the middle of the car at least, and tried not to run over that with the tyres.

"But obviously it caused some damage or something which made the car quite tricky to drive."

Image Unavailable, Please Login

15. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Rosco has a Petronas shirt too lol

16. DF1

Yes that was funny lol

17. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    That’s the the only way any part of Vettel’s car could have finished second

18. DF1

LOL - Ouch LOL :)

Agent Smith and Manda racing like this.
  19. Manda racing

Manda racing Formula 3

Feb 25, 2015
    Bakersfield, Ca
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Now I know why those pit crew guys wear helmets...

20. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    Again, Ferrari is doing everything possible to keep their cars away from the front.
    Early stop for Charles. Lousy stop for Seb. No SC stop for Charles ... setting him up for Perez. *
    (* Okay, they probably didn't expect Perez to pit from 3rd, but everyone behind Charles came in for tires.)
    And I'd have thought Leclerc had ample opportunities to challenge Ricardo ... but he never did.

And that VSC just while Ham was in the pits .... and then off before anyone else could pit?

A cynic might call that race "scripted".

ebobh15 likes this.
  21. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    Well, today he would had a good points position if it was not for the bad pit stop. Hopefully he can score regularly because we're struggling to keep Alpha Tauri behind.

stavura, 500tr, ricksb and 1 other person like this.
  22. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Lewis 5000 laps lead, hard to imagine stat

Terra likes this.
  23. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Might as well put Rosco in the No2 Ferrari :rolleyes:

24. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    I must say it's an agreable surprise to see them doing so well now.
    But Ricciardo is leaving and Ocon is not that good, so the future isn't rosy for Renault..