430 - New f430 spider | FerrariChat

430 New f430 spider

Discussion in '360/430' started by Zia, Oct 31, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Zia

Zia Rookie

Sep 6, 2020
    I am having a PPI on 2007 f430 spider that only has 7000 miles on it. Was up grades to Tubi exhaust but not headers I know about motor and bushings. Exhaust manifold sticky buttons. But what about just sitting. No real history but has all original paper work and tools. Getting new tires. Strange that it has had 7 owners but notice a lot of Ferraris have had this many. I even asked about tire pressure sensors. Thanks for any info.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    Upper and lower ball joints for wear, steering ball joints plus rear tie bar joints for wear/ slack. Mine had 3000 miles and were no good.

3. AandSC

AandSC Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 12, 2016
    Jax, FL
    Full Name:
    Allen
    Rear lights for looseness (broken mounting posts), front bumper tabs broken, leaking power steering hose(s).

armedferret likes this.
  4. EastMemphis

EastMemphis Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 25, 2019
    Memphis, TN
    Full Name:
    John
    The top (capote) should be closely examined for damage, leaks and worn elastic bands (there are 14 of them). Virtually every 360 and 430 Spider has some sort of failure in the top mechanism. Finding out about it before you buy can save you many thousands.

5. Cgk360

Cgk360 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 24, 2013
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Did you select a knowledgable person to do the PPI? All of the above will be known to someone with 430 spider experience. Can't tell from your info where you are located.

6. Danedingerson

Danedingerson Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 26, 2011
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Dane
    I had two PPIs done . After discussing the things I wanted checked, both Ferrari dealers admitted they had never done a PPI on a 430. One mechanic said he had never seen a 430 in the six years he worked there.The next nearest dealer was 800 miles so I had the inexperienced dealership do the job.

7. Zia

Zia Rookie

Sep 6, 2020
    It is in Ohio. Northshore Exotics is doing inspections. They have checked ferraris before. I do have check list from normalguy web site. It does have full front wrap. Got video of soft top working. Disclosed one loose brake light. How much is one brake light. They will do a service for me included in price. Thanks all

8. AandSC

AandSC Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 12, 2016
    Jax, FL
    Full Name:
    Allen
    There’s a repair kit for the taillight as long as all the posts are still present. Check the classifieds. New taillights are pretty pricey. And you’ll want to do the repair/reinforcement kit to all your taillights to keep them from breaking.

9. 338Lapua

338Lapua Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2015
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Do you mean North COAST exotics? I'm assuming yes, since you mentioned Ohio. Earl has a great amount of experience and is the person to have for this PPI. Regardless, provide Earl a list of the items above and talk to him about what you want done and what he woudl recommend. He can hook up his Leonardo and provide a bunch of information. Remember, Earl works for you when doing a PPI, so don't be shy about having him look over the car carefully.

Good luck!

Cgk360 and armedferret like this.
  10. Zia

Zia Rookie

Sep 6, 2020
  11. Zia

Zia Rookie

Sep 6, 2020
    I did go ahead and bought the car. Did PPI with Earl. He was very helpful. Car was listed as 7000 mile car. Clutch is 9% worn. Also appears to have 07 tires on it. I am getting tires. I did buy sight unseen. I would love to have flown to see it but my state is two week isolation still and 1300 mile drive is too far. I will keep you posted how it is to get unseen car. Zia

armedferret likes this.
  12. cole328

cole328 Formula Junior

May 9, 2014
    Congrats… ! Post pics when you get it. I got mine last year and phucking love it

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

13. Zia

Zia Rookie

Sep 6, 2020
  14. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    Congratulations! Fantastic cars. Mine has been super-reliable to date, including the roof; I have owned for five years and don't plan ever to sell her.

Be super careful with those tail lights. Even yanking on a cover can snap their mountings.

15. Zia

Zia Rookie

Sep 6, 2020
  16. Zia

Zia Rookie

Sep 6, 2020
  17. Zia

Zia Rookie

Sep 6, 2020
  18. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    I have a fix on them assuming you have not broken the 2 top posts, no problems on mine in 6 years. About £1_50 a light fitting, 10 mins work and problem solved

19. Danedingerson

Danedingerson Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 26, 2011
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Dane
    I bought mine sight unseen without a PPI. It is 2007 Spider with a CPO and a renewed factory warranty. CPO process is a lot more extensive than a PPI. It is near perfect The seller was a prince of a fellow.

20. cole328

cole328 Formula Junior

May 9, 2014
    Gorgeous. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

21. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    thanks Mike. I will let you know next time!

22. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
  23. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    It is best to modify the fixing before it breaks.

24. Kent Adams

Kent Adams Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 11, 2020
    One thing that is often not picked up in a PPI is the fuel pumps. The only way to tell if you have a tight seal is to open up the bonnet after the car is completely cold and smell for gas. If you smell gas, that means either the gasket or pump has gone bad. Before I bought my F430, I looked at a few low mileage cars and they all had this problem. I ended up going for one with 13,500 miles because it appeared everything had been sorted through.