AUS - Detailers and leather work in Austin? | FerrariChat

AUS Detailers and leather work in Austin?

Discussion in 'Texas' started by 2cam, Oct 29, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 2cam

2cam Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2014
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    MikeS
    Greetings local Fchatters!

Does anyone have a few, solid suggestions for detailers and leather refinishers in the Austin area? Ideally, would like to find a detailer that has the ability and experience to safely handle original, single-stage paint with good results.

Also, is there anyone local doing nice leather redying/refinishing on seats? I've had a bit of touchup work done on the leather seats in our daily drivers by a couple of providers and haven't been super happy with the results.

Thanks in advance for the suggestions!

2cam

2. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

I’ve heard the Authentic Details name thrown around, but haven’t personally experienced their work.

No clue on the leather side, although keen to hear other responses. My drivers seat bolster is starting to show minor signs of wear. I’ve been trying to condition the leather once or twice a year to try and slow it down.

Good luck with the search!

3. Bob in Texas

Bob in Texas F1 Rookie

Apr 23, 2012
    Just East of Weird
    Full Name:
    Bob
    I second Authentic Details, highly regarded locally

As for leather repair, Ive used Jay at Just like New Interiors, he's mobile
    http://www.justlikenewinterior.com/ (512) 644-4476

4. 2cam

2cam Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2014
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    MikeS
    Great! Thanks for the suggestions! I'll look into Authentic Details for the detailing.

Interestingly, Jay is one of the leather seat refinishers that we've used. I had hoped to use him for the work on the seats in my Mondial. However, I had him do the seats in our Land Cruiser as a testbed first. Unfortunately, the results were less than stellar. Nice guy, but I'm not sure that I'd want him working on the seats of my Mondial after that.

Any other suggestions for detailing or leather work?

Thanks!

2cam

5. Bob in Texas

Bob in Texas F1 Rookie

Apr 23, 2012
    Just East of Weird
    Full Name:
    Bob
    There's an automotive interior guy in south Austin along Congress above William Cannon that I believe some other Marques have used.
    I've personally used Austin Auto Interiors in Round Rock to dye my 360's seats and do some other minor work. And on the Sweet Rides group page on Facebook I remember folks swearing by a company up in North Austin/Cedar Park area. Just don't remember the name.

6. Rdwaggie

Rdwaggie Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 6, 2018
    Nathan at Texas Shine is another one to look at. Has done work on my cars. Works out of the Petro Lounge

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

7. 2cam

2cam Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2014
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    MikeS
    Thanks for the additional suggestions!

2cam