Merak SS/Kyalami/QP3 clutch master cylinder | FerrariChat

Merak SS/Kyalami/QP3 clutch master cylinder

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by thecarnut, Oct 18, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. thecarnut

thecarnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 22, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    The Car Nut
    Does anyone know which non-Maserati cars use the same clutch master cylinder as the Merak SS/Kyalami and QP3? I am looking for a rebuild kit.

Ivan

2. thecarnut

thecarnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 22, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    The Car Nut
    I removed the Kyalami's clutch master cylinder, which was marked as a Benditalia 1409345. With the help of my friend Google this number crossed to an Alfa Romeo 60730497, which was used on the GTV6 Milano cars.
    In the USA, Centerline Alfa had a reproduction cylinder (which they claim was made in Italy) for $51.50 and it even included the plastic reservoir. Other than having to use the old push rod, which is significantly longer, the cylinder is a direct replacement.

I searched for rebuild kits and none were to be found in the USA. I believe that some UK Alfa parts suppliers had the kit but the cost with shipping was higher than the replacement.

Ivan
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

71Satisfaction likes this.
  3. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Be sure to double check the dimensions of the internals. I did the same thing for one of my Biturbos using an Alfa piece and it was slightly different in diameter though it looked the same. The result was my clutch didn't fully disengage. Sometimes these suppliers don't always get it quite right. PITA! Similar thing happened with my Espada and that was no inexpensive substitute but they made good. Their supplier in Italy had screwed up. There are so many variation of these older hydraulic pieces.

4. thecarnut

thecarnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 22, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    The Car Nut
    I did.

Ivan

staatsof likes this.
  5. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    You've been burned too? If I'd have installed the wrong size in my Espada's circuit I'd have been coming after the supplier with a gun! Anyone who's ever replaced that in an Espada would completely understand!