Standard stereo or HiFi upgrade for new PF -m? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Standard stereo or HiFi upgrade for new PF -m?

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by Florida Joe, Oct 19, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 348SStb

348SStb F1 Rookie
    Owner

#26 348SStb, Oct 25, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2020
    What is the option “Smartphone Connection” for $4,219? Are we talking simply Apple CarPlay?

Separately- what does it mean when the order guide says “OPT” but no price is given (I see this in the Portofino M guide posted just above- thanks for posting)?
    —> For example, next to Full Electric Seats, there’s no price but it says “OPT.”
    —> For example, next to Advanced Front Driving Camera it says OPT without a price.

2. JotaEle

JotaEle Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2018
    Full Name:
    Smörg
    I ordered the upgraded system for my 2020 Portofino.

Not that it is phenomenal by any standard.

Safe assumption is that the base system is worse. So go for the upgraded one. Not worth, but better.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Florida Joe likes this.
  3. XSpeed

XSpeed Formula Junior

Jan 6, 2019
    Full Name:
    SX
    if they also have adas, it wont :)

Florida Joe likes this.
  4. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Both cars had ADAS. You know what the really funny thing was? The Porsche I tested that had an issue was an actual press car. Now imagine how that would have unfolded had a jurno been behind the wheel rather than a potential customer. I just took it back to the dealer and told them what had happened. This Taycan was meant to showcase the systems, so they were not exactly happy about it.

5. robstand

robstand Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

May 13, 2019
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Robert S.
    My '15 Cali T has the upgraded hi-fi and I can tell no difference between it and the Shaker system in the Ford Mustang I used to have or the Burmester system in my '19 Mercedes E450. (I haven't heard the standard radio.) But then again, I am not the target market for high-end car audio. I prefer to listen to music in my house (McIntosh tube stuff).

That said, I would probably get the option if I ordered an F-car because it would help resale down the road, no pun intended.

Florida Joe likes this.
  6. sandisk

sandisk Karting

Jul 16, 2013
    Definitely recommend the upgrade for when you have to drive down boring roads for several hours which have speed cameras all down it before you get to some more exciting roads

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Florida Joe likes this.