Post your "Antique"! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Post your "Antique"!

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by Sargepug, Oct 24, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I
    Ohhh there's something you don't hear often with the exception of those who know.... Mopar... I had a 68 Charger 440 six pack. it was running but it needed a LOT of body work. I sold it to be able to pay for college class. I regretted it so much... Still hurts a little.

jdlegg likes this.
  2. jdlegg

jdlegg Karting

Dec 22, 2009
    Bryan
    Full Name:
    James D
    Go get another one!

3. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I am about to be kicked out of my house for getting the F8. Have you heard the phrase: "so much or too many ... , so little time". That is me with too many cars, to little space. The F8 is that little drop that pushed the water to be above the cup/pail edge but for some physics magic doesn't overflow. You see that the water is over the edge but it isn't overflowing... it just takes a smidge of a drop to make it overflow... I don't want to test that with a two ton anvil of a car. The universe would explode and you would all be victims of my purchase. So thank me for keeping the world as you know it.

boxerman and jdlegg like this.
  4. F12finally

F12finally Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2020
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Lonnie Robinson
    white out, anunakki, donv and 2 others like this.
  5. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
  6. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    '54 Eldorado, I believe.

GT2goneF and F12finally like this.
  7. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
  8. F12finally

F12finally Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2020
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Lonnie Robinson
    GT2goneF likes this.
  9. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Island Time, anunakki, tomc and 3 others like this.
  10. tritone

tritone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 8, 2003
    On the Rock
    Full Name:
    James
  11. Sargepug

Sargepug Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 23, 2020
    NYC
    Love it and how do you part w/ the likes of that?!?!

12. Sargepug

Sargepug Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 23, 2020
    NYC
    I'd google it, it's very hard to explain in words. There is no traditional shifter on the floor (it's a lever on the wheel), you have to time the revs right perfectly to shift gears, like "power shifting" sticks back in the day and other things to learn.

GT2goneF likes this.
  13. rockminster

rockminster Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 20, 2003
    Lake Tahoe
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    1960 Eldorado Biarritz. A wonderful part of American automobile design history. This car came from the time when Cadillac truly was “The Standard of the World”. The
    1960 model marked the beginning of the retreat from the tall tail fin era of design. Hard to call these tail fins “restrained” but they are by comparison to the 1959 model year. I prefer the cleaner look of the ‘60 though I’m likely in the minority.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    I would argue it's much easier than a traditional manual transmission. I'm not sure what timing of the revs you are talking about, but that's not something I have ever needed to do. I just pushed the left pedal down, and off we go.

The beauty of it is that when you are cruising along, your feet are flat on the floor, and you're just steering. If you want to slow down, just bring back the throttle a bit.

15. jdlegg

jdlegg Karting

Dec 22, 2009
    Bryan
    Full Name:
    James D
    Easy. Just put it on consignment and wait! It took about 9 months to sell but I smiled all the way to the bank. :)

16. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    It was perfectly explained and as I read it, it made me laugh. I imagined myself having the privilege and honor to be on the driver's seat attempting to understand the rationale of the days and not help being amazed and amused by the brilliant historic engineering of the time.

Sargepug likes this.
  17. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    What a beauty!!!

18. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Seems like the perfect car for the scenery. I was magically transported to the times of which the car was built. Perfect selected scenery!

19. tx246

tx246 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    My wife’s Great-Grandfather’s 1931 Chevy. Still in the family. Never restored, other than routine maintenance. Original paint. Still runs and drives, although not much more than around the neighborhood.

anunakki, Jon Hansen, tritone and 5 others like this.
  20. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    That is such a teaser. It is like the long slit on the hot woman with the dress that you are checking out. She knows you're looking but leaves it as is.

Sargepug likes this.
  21. tx246

tx246 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    #47 tx246, Nov 5, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2020
    Not intended.

I took this pic randomly two days ago.

It has crazy history. He was a Leavenworth guard, and had items in it when I was first involved. Brass Knuckles, blades, and YES, a SWORD. All items he took/obtained from work.

The interior is still original, and what I would call Mohair, but not an easy thing to look up.

Paint is very old and original. Nothing like you could replicate. My Father in Law remembers, as a child, riding in it to “Town”.

His Grandpa was a smoker, and it is clear where you can see the burns in paint on the driver side door.

Not the norm, but as a car guy, nothing like it I know.

Shawn

GT2goneF likes this.
  22. Jonny English

Jonny English Formula Junior

Jun 14, 2017
    Poole, Dorset
    Full Name:
    Jon
    It was taken in North West France a couple of years ago. The car was originally from New York and then moved for most of its life to LA. See below pic of the original owners with it in 1969.

23. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Most of us would agree that we, as humans are much more than just as possessions. In fact, they even say possessions are meaningless, that they're temporary and you can't take them with you. While I agree with the last part of the last statement. I challenge the rest. You see, that beautiful car you possess is a piece of history, what is much cooler about it is that it ties to the life of somebody else and you are blessed enough to have a picture that is a window to a moment in time that makes you appreciate that very moment as if you were there, almost like a parallel universe. What a legacy! God bless you, that car and the people and/or their souls who once enjoyed this magnificent piece of historic engineering. Thank you so much for sharing!

Sent from my BLA-A09 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

donv likes this.