"The Lamborghini Miura" by Simon Kidston | FerrariChat

"The Lamborghini Miura" by Simon Kidston

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by Ronald A. Berke, Oct 19, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ronald A. Berke

Oct 12, 2017
    Full Name:
    Modena-Andiamo
  2. Rosey

Rosey F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2015
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark R
    Will be interesting to see what it sells for.

3. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    I'm also curious.....

4. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    $2000 USD would not surprise me.

Rosey likes this.
  5. Rosey

Rosey F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2015
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark R
  6. Sharknose

Sharknose Formula Junior

Feb 17, 2004
    Pennsylvania
    Question: How does this tome compare with "Ferrari In Camera" as the standard work in its genre? I realize the In Camera is not about a single car but I think it has been recognized as one of the best books about Ferrari. For those who have, can you say something similar about the Miura book?

7. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Next stop $3000.

Rosey likes this.
  8. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Well, as you say, they’re two different approaches. Difficult to compare the two. As to values, I think Ferrari in Camera has been on a plateau for some time.

Rosey, 375+ and bloomberg like this.
  9. bloomberg

bloomberg Formula Junior

Mar 7, 2011
    Ferrari in Camera is a pictorial portrait covering racing (accompanied by wonderful captions), probably the best ever done. Miura is a one model in-depth study, much like the Dino Compendium (but even nicer IMHO). Cannot compare them, but both are amongst the best. Much like FiC is the new Palawan Press title: 'Racing Trough Europe' (do not miss out on this one!).

375+ likes this.
  10. Rosey

Rosey F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2015
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark R
    Agree, a better comparison for the Miura Bible is the Dino Compendium.
    Ferrari In Camera is akin to a bound collection of high quality historic racing photos- hard to really compare.

Jack-the-lad likes this.
  11. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Mark I believe you are referring to the Kidston Miura book not The Miura Bible by Sackey.

Rosey likes this.
  12. Rosey

Rosey F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2015
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark R
    Correct buddy, so many bloody Miura books !! :)

375+ likes this.
  13. Ferrari27

Ferrari27 Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2010
    stevewak likes this.
  14. bloomberg

bloomberg Formula Junior

Mar 7, 2011
  15. Rosey

Rosey F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2015
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark R
    So RRP on the combination of the Miura book and it's register companion was like 550 pound or so, and within 3 months the book alone has gone up 5 times in value (give or take).
    That's got to be a record for an automotive book.
    Crazy !!!

16. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    A masterwork for an avant garde GT, long overdue IMO.

17. Rosey

Rosey F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2015
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark R
    Plus the timing is right for a Miura book.
    Both through Kidston himself and other presenters like Harry Metcalfe and Iian Tyrell, etc, the Miura seems to be going through a bit of a revival at the moment.

18. SmokyDave

SmokyDave Karting

Jul 13, 2015
    England
    I find it hard to celebrate books going from 'you probably can't afford that' to 'you definitely can't afford that', but good for the publishers and people flipping them for profit I suppose.

19. bloomberg

bloomberg Formula Junior

Mar 7, 2011
  20. Ferrari27

Ferrari27 Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2010
    There are guys on here who will understand my previous post. Horton’s will source books and in the past there have books which have been put on their website which are not actually available to all of us, just to the person who they have sourced it for.
    The books Hortons supply are always of the highest quality and the service they provide is outstanding. I have swapped TOFMs in the past with Ben for copies of Cavallino and received a fantastic deal but was surprised that he turned down books that he was selling for a good price. I realised later that the books I was offering were not in a good enough condition. Anything you buy from Horton’s will be of highest standard. The prices may seem at the top of the range but “price is what you pay, value is what you get”.

Rosey, Sharknose and bloomberg like this.
  21. Rosey

Rosey F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2015
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark R
    I have bought books off Hortons a few times now.
    Other then a mix up over an available then sold copy of Ferrari in Camera, they always provide good service and the books have always come in very good condition.
    Not the cheapest store out there but as they say... you get what you pay for.

Speaking of which, The Miura Book is now worth more then Ferrari in Camera it seems.

pilotoCS and 375+ like this.
  22. Rosey

Rosey F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2015
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark R
    I noticed the Jota edition is no longer listed on the official website.
    Wonder if it has been fully sold out as well.

23. gt4me

gt4me F1 Veteran

Sep 10, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Lewis Mitchell
    You wonder if there kicking themselves that they didn't produce more of them. Surely its of no benefit to the publisher that there now changing hands for 2 or 3 times the original price.
    Enzo Ferrari may have wanted to produce 1 car less than the market demanded but it seems they've underestimated the number the market wants by a long way.

Nembo1777 and Rosey like this.
  24. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Kidston limited the number of copies printed to the number of cars produced. I wouldn't be surprised if they have a rethink, perhaps a more modest edition of the book using the same content? I assume that the Jota edition is sold out. The Miura Register will be published in quantity.

Castlemount, Nembo1777, Rosey and 2 others like this.