Place to vacation in FL? | FerrariChat

Place to vacation in FL?

Discussion in 'Florida' started by Ak Jim, Nov 7, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ak Jim

Ak Jim F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 23, 2007
    North Pole AK
    Hi. I have a friend who had a parent pass away in central Florida. We are going to head on down for the service. We will probably spend some extra time while we are down there. Problem is I have really never been to FL other than layovers when I was flying for the airlines. Key West sounds interesting but really looking for any decent place with maybe a beach and or pool. Any suggestions?

Texas Forever likes this.
  2. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    I really enjoyed the charm, beach and service of la playa in naples

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

3. tamiami

tamiami Karting

Mar 14, 2007
    Key West wouldn’t be a good option with the hurricane getting close but Palm Beach to Miami should be okay with a diverse list activities. I’m in Vero now and it is really laid back. There is a Kimpton and Gloria Esteban owns the Costa d’Este. It really depends on what you want to do.

4. ronc52

ronc52 Karting

Aug 25, 2010
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Naples! you won't regret it but definitely depending on the weather and the date you are going to be there

5. Art138

Art138 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Consider Marco Island about 30 minutes south of Naples. Miles of beach with few beach goers. Right now wind gusts around 20 knots with light rain, The weather should be clearing out tomorrow.

6. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sunset Key in Key West. I was just there a month ago. It’s a private island with a 2 minute ferry ride from Key West. There is always Sarasota as well where I live. Either stay at the Ritz or Longboat Key Club. Best ,Kirk.

7. Ak Jim

Ak Jim F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 23, 2007
    North Pole AK
    Thanks for the info. Decided to go to Tranquility Bay Resort on Marathon. Going to be nice to get some warm weather and sun!

8. jett40

jett40 Rookie

Nov 3, 2009
    mi
    Full Name:
    john
    Nice place, condos are amazing.
    Nice beach, Roped off swimming area to keep the critters out, but my daughter spotted a small shark in the roped off area. lol
    Go to the restaurant just before the 7mile bridge on the left. Sunset grille.
    enjoy.
    john

greg328 and Ak Jim like this.
  9. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Enjoy it. Next time,if you’re looking for a bit more solitude and quiet come to the panhandle. St. George Island State Park Beach is one of the best and most deserted in the country.

Texas Forever, greg328 and Ak Jim like this.
  10. Jack-the-lad

Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    By the way, do you fly commercial or your own plane? We have some nice smaller airports here. In my little town it’s a former WW2 training base. The runways are huge!

Texas Forever and Ak Jim like this.
  11. Ak Jim

Ak Jim F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 23, 2007
    North Pole AK
    We flew down commercial. I’ve looked at St. George Island State Park, looks really nice. We will save that for the next time we’re in the area. I was at Tyndall for a few months and liked the area.

12. Jack-the-lad

Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Let me know when. We live nearby and can show you around. You have two choices of airport...Panama city and Tallahassee. Tallahassee is much preferable in my opinion.

Ak Jim likes this.
  13. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    St George's Island is how Pensacola Beach used to look. Believe it or not, they used to mine the sand at Pensacola.

E60 M5, Matt LaMotte and Ak Jim like this.
  14. Ak Jim

Ak Jim F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 23, 2007
    North Pole AK
    Had a great time while in Florida! Thanks everyone for the suggestions.