2020-21 NCAA Football | Page 2 | FerrariChat

2020-21 NCAA Football

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Gatorrari, Jul 14, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Juan-Manuel Fantango F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    chipbiii likes this.
  2. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Clemson are men amongst boys in this game.

3. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Lots of terrible defense in the SEC today - even Alabama!

4. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    How about dem Gators! I think that Kyle Trask has elevated himself into the Heisman race, and I think the Gators may make it into 4th place (and the playoff picture) in tomorrow's rankings.

albkid likes this.
  5. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Gators offense was pretty bad without Pitts in the second half...hopefully that was just because they weren't prepared for him to be out and adjusting for it but it wasn't a confidence boost seeing how hard they had it without him.

ND - Clemson double OT basically means both will make the playoffs unfortunately. ND should lose to Clemson in the ACC-CG in Dec as ND is in the ACC this year so both will have 1 loss. I wonder what players and coaches will get COVID from the thousands of ND fans that rushed the field and packed together...zero social distancing. They should get penalized for that with penalty being excluding ND from the playoffs...they always get blown out in big games. ;)

albkid likes this.
  6. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    I disagree; I think it was just them "taking their foot off the gas" with a big lead. They lost Pitts well before that and were still able to move the ball and score, I believe, 13 points?

7. Whisky

Whisky Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    Looks like the Final Four are already set.

8. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    Terrible play all over, that happens when you have practice-no practice-practice-no practice,
    especially with any team - college or pro - that has a whole bunch of new, inexperienced players.

9. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    "Icing the kicker" can blow up in your face, and it sure did for Virginia Tech!

With the score tied, Liberty had their 58-yard field goal attempt blocked and returned for an apparent game-winning TD for Tech. But wait! Tech had called time-out just before the kick, nullifying the play. Liberty actually completed a short pass before attempting what was now a 51-yard attempt, which was good and won the game! So Virginia Tech "iced" themselves out of a win!

10. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Note that I had made my comment 4 weeks ago!

11. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    I know, I saw that.

12. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    I heard yesterday that Kyle Trask was ranked something like the 2260th-best high-school player available at recruitment time, which is why he was largely ignored. After throwing 6 more TD passes yesterday, making 6 straight games where he's thrown at least 4 TDs, I would hope that he is now being seriously considered for the Heisman Trophy. They compared his season numbers with Joe Burrow and Tua Tagovailoa and they match quite closely!

albkid likes this.
  13. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    I doubt he will get the Heisman...he will be lucky to get an invite to New York. The voters will want to give it to Trevor Lawrence (more of a career award for his history and him going to NFL), or OSU's guy as all they do is pad stats in Big Ten and OSU is always overrated (lol Troy Smith), or the Bama QB because Bama. BYU and UF QBs will be lucky to get an invite and mainly because the QBs are not brand name guys and the teams are not likely to win the national championship unlike last year with Joe Burrow.

14. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    Doubtful, but he's at Florida so he has a shot, but the guys he is in competition
    with will have to screw up twice, have two BAD games, while he cannot screw up at all.

Today, the Heisman is now the 'who will be the #1 pic in the draft' trophy.
    There are lineman that deserve it, but will never get it. No lineman ever will.
    Most TRUE college sports fans don't care one iota about the Heisman anymore.
    Kinda like the MVP in the NBA...

BMW.SauberF1Team likes this.
  15. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    Looks like Trask's shot is getting better at a Heisman. Trevor Lawrence will miss another week to make his case for Heisman as FSU said they didn't feel comfortable playing Clemson today as another Clemson player tested positive. That game is now postponed. The Gators game just moved to ABC from ESPN to fill that slot so now Trask is playing to a bigger audience...

16. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    My guess is ESPN *AND* ABC.

17. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    Not sure what you meant...Appy State game was on ESPN and Florida on ABC.

Either way Florida looked like crap. Their defense is 100% non-existent. They will get steamrolled by Bama in the SEC CG. Trask's streak of 4 or more TDs in a game ended today against Vandy of all teams...he wasn't looking too good. Pitts being out definitely has changed the offense for the worse. Hopefully he's back next week no thanks to that thug UGA player with the cheap shot causing the concussion.

18. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Typical Vandy game: they stick with the Gators for about a quarter and then superior depth makes the difference. Remember that Jones threw a TD pass, and that could have been Trask's if Mullen didn't want to give Jones some much-needed playing time. And Trask didn't throw three picks like Fields did for OSU!

I remember when Mason was hired to replace James Franklin at Vandy, and he had boasted to do even better than Franklin, including winning the SEC East! What a joke, and now that he's 0-7, I think his seat is getting a bit warm. (Ironically, after being a miracle worker at Vandy, Franklin's mojo at Penn State seems to have evaporated, and I suspect his seat is even warmer than Mason's!)

19. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    I meant I thought they would simulcast it the same way the Thursday night game is on both the NFL Network and NBC...

20. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    Fields' isn't in the convers
    Fields' isn't in the real conversation, it was Trevor's to lose, my GUESS is they won't ding Trevor for Covid because it's not his fault,
    but Trask will be right there, if Trevor comes back and doesn't put up gawdy numbers.

21. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    OSU vs Illinois cancelled tomorrow. Buckeyes shouldn't be allowed in the playoffs. They've only played 4 games and have 2 remaining (MSU and UM) and maybe a game on Dec 19th assuming no more get cancelled. There needs to be a minimum number of games played to be eligible imo...

Oregon - Oregon State seemed to be a good one...

22. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    It's a good thing they were wearing bright yellow and orange uniforms considering the fog bank they were playing in!

23. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    The thing is, Ohio State is not that great this year, but it makes me sick teams will get in just by name recognition.

If this is the case, we may as well just have Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State in EVERY year, and the 4th team is a wildcard.

BMW.SauberF1Team likes this.
  24. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    Listening to Dan Patrick this AM, going on and on about Jim Harbaugh, Michigan, you CAN go home again, being judged ONLY by the Ohio State game,
    how do you fire him?
    Funny - someone better tell Scott Frost this at Nebraska -

25. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Plenty of coaches in trouble, though I think the complications caused by the pandemic should give them all a Mulligan until next year. I think that Dino Babers at Syracuse may be the next one to be let go.