Question About Speed Sensor Removal | FerrariChat

Question About Speed Sensor Removal

Discussion in '308/328' started by Lawrence Coppari, Nov 11, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Lawrence Coppari

Lawrence Coppari Formula 3

Apr 29, 2002
    Kingsport, TN
    Full Name:
    Lawrence A. Coppari
    For the repair, Palo Alto speedometer shop wants my speed sensor shipped to them along with my speedometer.

The sensor is below the fluid fill point of the transaxle. It also has a CU sealing washer. Does that mean my Redline MTL will exit the transaxle when I remove the sensor?

2. theunissenguido

theunissenguido Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2004
    Argent/Brasil
    Full Name:
    Guido
    No, just a few drop...

3. Lawrence Coppari

Apr 29, 2002
    Kingsport, TN
    Full Name:
    Lawrence A. Coppari
  4. ducowti

ducowti Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2008
    NY/SC
    Full Name:
    David
    LMK if you need a new sensor; when my speedo function was acting up (see reply to your other thread on this matter; it was not the sensor) I bought a new one and that wasn't the problem. So I believe I still have the new unit if you need one and want to save a few skins over another new one.

5. craiggo

craiggo Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2012
    Redwood City
    Full Name:
    Craig
    Before you send it all the way out here for repair, try this: https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/cheap-repair-of-a-speed-sensor-type-2-vegilia-68-0517.529168/#post-144843186

6. Lawrence Coppari

Apr 29, 2002
    Kingsport, TN
    Full Name:
    Lawrence A. Coppari
    Excellent work. My sensor was putting out a signal so I think it is OK. If it were not doing so, I'd make an attempt at fixing it myself. I have a little experience in ferreting out bad transistors with audio equipment.